Why become a member? ×

How old is your oldest lead?

Marvin

Not quite as old as yours but I have three leads (blue, red and green) that my dad made from neutriks and klotz cable about 10 years ago. Incredible leads and have outlasted all the other leads I have bought over the years and far better than the absolute sh**e that Planet Waves produce.

When these eventually die they will be replaced with obbm cables, because they are the dogs doo-dahs.

Coily black cable of coiliness from about 1976. Unsupported black plastic 'screw-fit' jack covers at each end; 3/4 inch coil diameter; rare white > ground factory mod.

I don't take it to gigs these days - too many numpties come up to me afterwards and ask if they can have a look at it. I always tell them "Only if you give me £500 deposit and let me shag your Missus."

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='bigjohn' post='1325819' date='Aug 3 2011, 04:15 PM']I too have a [b]1908[/b]'s whirlwind. Lovely it is.

Not a crackle, despite being used, abused and being my only lead for years.[/quote]

I think we have a winner :)

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='1325827' date='Aug 3 2011, 04:23 PM']Coily black cable of coiliness from about 1976. Unsupported black plastic 'screw-fit' jack covers at each end; 3/4 inch coil diameter; rare white > ground factory mod.

I don't take it to gigs these days - too many numpties come up to me afterwards and ask if they can have a look at it. I always tell them "Only if you give me £500 deposit and let me shag your Missus."[/quote]
Sounds like it's been modded to me. Surely it should have a flat metal right-angle jack at one end?

Crikey, most of my usable instrument leads are probably five years old, XLR's probably a smidge older maybe, and some mains leads are close to ten years old. Might be a few patch leads that could lay claim to be the oldest, I've got a couple of R/A pedal jack cables that could be fifteen or sixteen years old (had them pre-university days so < 1995 then)

HTH,
Ian

late 90's for me, bought a few Klotz leads from sound control in about 97, at least one of them is still working, although i bought a whirlwind in about 98 thats my absolute banker, it's just bombproof, it's a bit long (20ft i think) but i know that if every other lead fails, that one won't let me down, best 18 quid i ever spent all i've ever done was put a name label on it.

Matt