Why become a member? ×

How old is your oldest lead?

Marvin

Made it myself from 2 core screened cable with centre cores paralleled.
Found that on most occasions the centre core was the area of failure hence parallel core idea.
Seems to have worked well and several friends from other bands "borrowed" some of my others so there may be more of them kickinga around.

Dave

[quote name='KingBollock' post='1326552' date='Aug 4 2011, 09:58 AM']I've got a lead I've had for about 23 years. [b]Changed the plugs a few times and the cable a couple of times,[/b] but other than that it's till going strong...

I've got a hammer with a similar story...[/quote]

:lol: :P :)
Does that mean you have a completely different lead from when you started or did you just renew the lead ends ?

This made me laugh a bit but not sure if you were joking or not ? :D
Hope so. If not - sorry !!

Dave
:)

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1326923' date='Aug 4 2011, 01:37 PM']:lol: :P :)
Does that mean you have a completely different lead from when you started or did you just renew the lead ends ?

This made me laugh a bit but not sure if you were joking or not ? :D
Hope so. If not - sorry !!

Dave
:)[/quote]

It was indeed a joke!

I have an aversion to smilies so sometimes it's not always so clear. That's why I included the reference to the Hammer, it's a very old joke based on the same idea.

I'm not sure how old my current leads are. I use a couple of coily leads that I've had for something like 10 years I think. They work fine but I am intending to make some new ones with better components soon.

[quote name='KingBollock' post='1328188' date='Aug 5 2011, 03:59 AM']It was indeed a joke!

I have an aversion to smilies so sometimes it's not always so clear. That's why I included the reference to the Hammer, it's a very old joke based on the same idea.

I'm not sure how old my current leads are. I use a couple of coily leads that I've had for something like 10 years I think. They work fine but I am intending to make some new ones with better components soon.[/quote]

Gotcha. Made me laugh a lot anyways.

Thanks for that.
I'm still laughing even reading it the second time.

Cheers
Dave

[quote name='KingBollock' post='1328188' date='Aug 5 2011, 03:59 AM']It was indeed a joke!

I'm not sure how old my current leads are. I use a couple of coily leads that I've had for something like 10 years I think. They work fine but I am intending to make some new ones with better components soon.[/quote]

I think my oldest guitar leads are some tiny patch leads which came in a set from thomann some time in 2005. In terms of actual proper long leads I think a 6 metre lead i've got is from 2006. I had to replace one of the plugs on it though. Really everything i bought before then was pretty low quality which is why it didn't last long (that's my excuse anyway). I've got a load of other leads from those 2 years in my box of cables underneath my bed which mostly have missing plugs.

Edited by EdwardHimself