Why become a member? ×

Site unusable tonight due to delays - just me?

pete.young

Very early days so far, but I've noticed that the site is smoother and faster than it was this morning, and I've yet to have a single hang or time-out since you posted the "Fix", Ped.

Dare I ask what your tame 7th Level Magus actually did?

[quote name='bfirsh' post='1300463' date='Jul 11 2011, 11:31 PM']Hmm, found some graphs and looks like we're getting some slow responses in the evening as you said:

[url="http://cl.ly/1u2F430T1n152i3S1r25"]http://cl.ly/1u2F430T1n152i3S1r25[/url]

I will investigate further.....[/quote]
'oo are you??

[quote name='silddx' post='1300762' date='Jul 12 2011, 11:12 AM']'oo are you??[/quote]
What has happened to PhatMonkey? He used to be no.1 didn't he?

I've also been plagued by the site hanging randomly. Can't tell you if it's improved I haven't been on for about a week I think.

Getting on for 36 hours since the fix went in, and there's no doubt about it - it worked.

I've had one momentary "almost-hang" when it thought about a go-slow and then clearly had a word with itself and sorted itself out.

Apart from that, in terms of glitches, hiccups and 'moments', I've had [i]nada[/i], not a sausage, bugger all.

Excellent result!

tried to do a search and got...[quote]There was an error processing the request. Please go back and try again, or contact an administrator for assistance.
temporary searchd error: server maxed out, retry in a second[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1317791' date='Jul 26 2011, 11:34 PM']And after several weeks of smooth, fast running tonight I have the same delays as before. :)

I've tried to leave some feedback for Beedster six times now, and it's hung every time.[/quote]

Maybe the system just doesn't believe you :)

[quote name='charic' post='1317940' date='Jul 27 2011, 09:07 AM']Maybe the system just doesn't believe you :)[/quote]

LOL, harsh but fair :)

On topic I've found BC an absolute PITA to use for about a month now. OK, it's sporadic, sometimes fine, but when bad, really bad.