Jump to content
Chris Horton

Precisions

Recommended Posts

Got myself a proper celluloid pickguard for the roadworn. I was going to go for cream covers but I'm really liking this look. 

Here it is relaxing on the sofa after the first band practice in 7 (!?) months. 

 

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200909000847374_COVER~2.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sold this P Pro to a m8 last week, stuck a mirror guard, Badass 111 bridge and a set Harris pickups on it for him..🙂 

20200909_153508.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to take a little family shot. There’s another ‘project’ Precision that needs to be added to this when it’s finished, soon hopefully, waiting on tuners.

Anyway, L-R:
70’s Camel Journey
2020 Moollon P Classic IV
1971 Fender Precision 

9301B941-8B77-417E-9A09-60BE6CA2445E.thumb.jpeg.dafc052edc00f87ac5d68c53edb8ed9d.jpeg
 

Si

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mornings P Bass gathering! Some custom builds, some CS and cool oldies! Love a P bass 🤘

1A336128-E73F-4034-B682-CE479A76AB69.jpeg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a loan of a pal's '75 at the moment, and it's absolutely lush.

It's hard to describe - the body feels alive when you play it. Here's a little demo I made which doesn't really convey that feeling, but... y'know.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/09/2020 at 11:23, walshy said:

This mornings P Bass gathering! Some custom builds, some CS and cool oldies! Love a P bass 🤘

1A336128-E73F-4034-B682-CE479A76AB69.jpeg

That Lakkie 😍

Si

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added one lol
L-R: Camel Journey, 1971 Precision, Moollon P-Classic, bitsa P

IMG_4582.thumb.jpg.0b7f663bf3e3e5995b3e81443b85e149.jpg

Si

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/11/2020 at 19:54, wateroftyne said:

I've got a loan of a pal's '75 at the moment, and it's absolutely lush.

It's hard to describe - the body feels alive when you play it. Here's a little demo I made which doesn't really convey that feeling, but... y'know.

 

that looks older than a '75. Is the intonation screw on the G string longer than the others? If so it could be a '70-'73

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, police squad said:

that looks older than a '75. Is the intonation screw on the G string longer than the others? If so it could be a '70-'73

 

No, it’s a very late TV-headstock.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

No, it’s a very late TV-headstock.

Looks like my 76 :) (Mine is an early 76 with the nickel tuning keys)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An unexpected bitsa. Recently, I posted in the Wanted section, looking for a sonic blue Squier Classic Vibe Precision Bass, to which @Philboyo duly obliged. However, on arrival I realised I didn't get on with the shallow C-shaped neck; that was the reason I sold my old Fiesta Red CV Precision. I was fortunate enough to find a Japanese Squier SQ series P Bass near me for cheap, so picked that up a couple of weeks ago and gave it to my guitar tech, along with a vintage-style, threaded-saddle bridge to replace the high mass stock unit, and a set of Gotoh FB30 lollipop tuners which were intended for another bass, but dropped into the existing screw holes and replaced the crap Wilkinsons that came with the neck.

It needed a fret dress, a new nut, and the screw holes in the heel of the neck were slightly stripped, so had to be filled and redrilled, so a bit more work than was expected, but now it's all together it plays wonderfully. 

20201129_144645.jpg

20201129_142448.jpg

Edited by Jono Bolton
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jono Bolton said:

An unexpected bitsa. Recently I posted in the Wanted section, looking for a sonic blue Squier Classic Vibe Precision Bass, to which @Philboyo duly obliged. However, on arrival I realised I didn't get on with the shallow C-shaped neck; that was the reason I sold my old Fiesta Red CV Precision. I was fortunate enough to find a Japanese Squier SQ series P Bass near me for cheap, so picked that up a couple of weeks ago and gave it to my guitar tech, along with a vintage-style, threaded-saddle bridge to replace the high mass stock unit, and a set of Gotoh FB30 lollipop tuners which were intended for another bass, but dropped into the existing screw holes and replaced the crap Wilkinsons that came with the neck.

It needed a fret dress, a new nut, and the screw holes in the heel of the neck were slightly stripped, so had to be filled and redrilled, so a bit more work than was expected, but now it's all together it plays wonderfully. 

20201129_142441.jpg

20201129_142448.jpg

That is pure filth!

Well done (and to your tech).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pete.young said:

@walshy What happened to the one with the Status Graphite neck - did I fall asleep and miss something??

Gone, I think its in the States now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After 12 years with a cheapie Yamaha, 20 years with a lovable Jazz, this was my first precision for my birthday this past October:

 

IMG_20201015_201401.jpg

IMG_20201006_131226.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Obieito said:

After 12 years with a cheapie Yamaha, 20 years with a lovable Jazz, this was my first precision for my birthday this past October:

 

IMG_20201015_201401.jpg

IMG_20201006_131226.jpg

American original? Looks good 👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Obieito said:

It is, Lake Placid Blue AO 60s, sounds like a beast too!

That’s a great colour and I always think the tort guard matches well 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Obieito said:

After 12 years with a cheapie Yamaha, 20 years with a lovable Jazz, this was my first precision for my birthday this past October:

 

IMG_20201015_201401.jpg

IMG_20201006_131226.jpg

AHHH! Pack it in, Dude! 😄

It was nice enough in the 'show us your rig' thread.

No need to rub it in! 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...