Why become a member? ×

Worst names for musical equipment

RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

Okay , we all know names like 'Precision' 'Rickenbacker' 'Markbass' etc.
But the names of things being made now , are ,in my opinion slightly embarrassing.

For example, Dean make good basses. However,I'm never gonna ask for a 'Playmate'. :)
I'm not old enough to remember him ,but it's a saying by Arthur Askey-'Hello playmates' !

Ashdown 'Little Bastards' . Not really good if you're trying to prevent your children from swearing :rolleyes:

Are there any more that you can think of?

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

Cheesiest and shittest name for a bass cabinet: Genz Benz 'Uber' bass cabs.

Probably sound great, and they look great!

Genz do seem to be stuck in a rut with their actual aesthetics. I reckon if they got a designer in, to do it more slick, they could sell a lot more.

Basically, make the new Shuttle look like an Apple product (eg slick and/or white).

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='936279' date='Aug 25 2010, 07:18 PM']Imagine serving a woman who says: 'My son sent me in for a Big Muff.'[/quote]

Many years ago I lived on the Isle of Wight - I was in a band called 'Dave Diver and the Muffs' :lol: , had to change the name while doing the holiday camps but the prison officers clubs loved it, and they paid well :rolleyes: .

Oggy :)

[quote name='basshead56' post='936295' date='Aug 25 2010, 07:26 PM']Assmaster?[/quote]

yeah, the barker assmaster is one of the best...

just imagine some poor old dear walking out to get her son's xmas present and stopping someone in a guitar shop:

"hello, my son gave me this list of pedals he wants for christmas, i'd like to look at your flanges, and what types of muff do you stock, russian muff, or american muff??? he also mentioned something about an assmaster" :)

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='936273' date='Aug 25 2010, 07:14 PM']Okay , we all know names like 'Precision' 'Rickenbacker' 'Markbass' etc.
But the names of things being made now , are ,in my opinion slightly embarrassing.

For example, Dean make good basses. However,I'm never gonna ask for a 'Playmate'. :)
I'm not old enough to remember him ,but it's a saying by Arthur Askey-'Hello playmates' !

Ashdown 'Little Bastards' . Not really good if you're trying to prevent your children from swearing :rolleyes:

Are there any more that you can think of?[/quote]

I'd love the ashdown LB but I play in a church :lol:

[quote name='GazWills' post='936573' date='Aug 25 2010, 11:07 PM']yeah, the barker assmaster is one of the best...

just imagine some poor old dear walking out to get her son's xmas present and stopping someone in a guitar shop:

"hello, my son gave me this list of pedals he wants for christmas, i'd like to look at your flanges, and what types of muff do you stock, russian muff, or american muff??? he also mentioned something about an assmaster" :)[/quote]

flange - tee hee hee

I think ESP made one called the turbot too!

The Precision bass has always been a duff name, as I generally think of P basses and Gibsons when people talk about wooly sounding basses that play badly - there is nothing precise about them!

Also, not so much the name but the logo of Low End basses is pretty bad. I remember a discussion on Talkbass where people were discussing whether it was supposed to look like an arse or a scrotum. The luthier chimed in and said it was supposed to look like neither. How embarassing.