ThomBassmonkey

[b]My first ever gig was:[/b]
Yamaha RBX260 with a Hartke B90

[b]First 'regular gigging' gear up until about 6 years ago:[/b]
Bass Collection 355 with an Ampeg B2R, 210HE & 115H

[b]Since then:[/b]
Various Fender basses and Ashdown ABM EVOII 500, Mini 48 & Mini 15 cabs

Si

First gigging amp was a Crate BX80. 80 Watt 1x15" combo. It was massively underpowered but all I could afford on pocket money. It also weighed as much as a house.

I currently use a Hartke HA3500 head into a BFM Omni10 cab and have more heardroom than I could possibly need.

[quote name='fatback' post='747220' date='Feb 16 2010, 01:48 PM'][quote name='EssentialTension' post='746648' date='Feb 15 2010, 10:50 PM']
How about some pics?

SELMER TREBLE 'N' BASS 50 SV
[/quote]

wow forgot about those things. Had one before I gigged. :) pure nostalgia
[/quote]
Nostalgia yes, but I don't wish i still had it. :rolleyes:

[quote name='woodster' post='747015' date='Feb 16 2010, 11:02 AM']First.... Squier Jazz with EMG's into Carlsboro Stingray 300 head with a 2x15 cab made by Tim Gentle Music who I believe became part of Adam Hall Supplies in Essex.

Current... see sig below[/quote]

I was doing a gig last August at an outdoor festival nr. Durham. There was a T.Rex tribute band on with us,and I got talking to a guy
who was with them - turned out to be Tim Gentle! I once bought a Les Paul from his shop (which I think was just outside Southend,
maybe Rayleigh or Benfleet?-in Essex).

My first gigging rig was a Westone Thunder 1-A (just bought the 'actual' bass back recently!!) into a Carlsbro Stingray 150 watt head and a no-name 4 x 12" cabinet.

After years of G.A.S. and loads of changes, I've settled on this setup:

Fender American Vintage '62 reissue Precision
Sanberg California PM4 Custom 'Dear Old Blighty'
EBMM Stingray 4 in Vintage Sunburst, loaded with a Bartolini (huge sound!!)

Marbass TA503 head
Alesis 3060 Compressor
Korg DT1000 tuner
Markbass 106HR cab.

First gigging set up was Satellite Jazz Bass into Ohm GB60 combo.

Current gigging rig, Overwater Jazz V, Fender Jazz V, and home built Precision Hamm V mutant into SWR1500 head coupled to either two Goliath 4x10's or a Schroeder 21012.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='745042' date='Feb 14 2010, 05:53 PM']First gigging rig was a Peavey TNT150 combo which was changed after the first gig for a Trace 7210H cos it wasn;t loud enough. I then added a 1048H cab

Would've been using my Riverhead Jupiter bass back then - what an arse I was for selling it - I've been looking for one ever since.

2 weeks to my next gig and I'm sans gear - I should have my Trace 4x12" cab and possibly an Orange Bass Terror by then. My Black precision is on Evilbay until some time tomorrow.

Most probably I will be using a Hartke A100 and Epiphone Les Paul bass.[/quote]

Yip, definitely going to be my new Orange Bass Terror and incoming Trave 1248 cab with my black precision after I had a moment of clarity and realised I'd be very silly to sell it.

IRC it was a Fender Musicmaster through a Selmer TnB50 and a no name 18" cab.
Pretty soon after that I had a brand new Jazz, through a Marshall Super lead 100w and 4x15" Marshall cab and then replaced the Super lead..as it wasn't good for bass..with a Hiwatt 100w but I was gigging regularly then and upgraded all my gear.
I'd recall the Hiwatt being a very good amp.

Now I run Sei basses through a SM400 and SWR or Aguilar cabs.

SWR and Jazzes work, IMV

Edited by JTUK

First (1979/80):

Marshall Superbass 100 + Marshall 4x12 'guitar' cab which I cut the baffle out of and fitted an 18" driver mounted on a new baffle (got the driver free off a mate).

footnote - that amp spent more time in the TV repair shop than at gigs; yes, once upon a time people repaired TVs rather than throw them in the skip when they broke... oh and the people that fixed TVs fixed your amps! :rolleyes:

Last (2010):

Thunderfunk 550B + x2 Aguilar 112's

footnote - this amp had better not break down but if it does I'm sure that they are made in the same way that they made the old TVs so I'll get it repaired rather than bin it! :)

My first gig (apart from school gigs) was in 1980, I used my 78 Precision through my Acoustic 220 head and Acoustic 404 cab.

My last gig, last august, I played my Warwick Corvette through the same Acoustic 220 and a s/h Acoustic 402 cab.

I've just joined a new band, who play 70's punk/new wave, so the Precision has come out of retirement and will be used at my next gig, along with (you've guessed it) my Acoustic 220!

The very, very first gig (1962) was with:

Home-made bass

Phillips tape recorder (as pre-amp)

Household radiogram (power amp and speakers).

The first serious rig (1963) was:

Framus Star Bass, small bodied, 30-inch scale.

Linear 30 amp

Home-built copy of Marshall 4x12 using Bakers Group 25 speakers from RCS in Croydon.

Current:

Orange AD200B + Epifani UL212

MB F1 + Epifani UL112/T112NYC

Edited by obbm

When I first started (Jan09):

Bass: Shine Extreme Series 845
Amp: Stagg 20BA (which is crap)

When I first started playing seriously (Aug09):

Bass: Still the Shine Extreme Series 845
Amp: Ashdown P10 Mini-Rig

And now when I'm starting to play live and develop properly (Jan10):

Bass: Fender Jazz (Still using the Shine though)
Amp: On it's way.... (Secret Trace Elliot goodness!)

Edited by Bankai

[quote name='casapete' post='747291' date='Feb 16 2010, 02:48 PM']I was doing a gig last August at an outdoor festival nr. Durham. There was a T.Rex tribute band on with us,and I got talking to a guy
who was with them - turned out to be Tim Gentle! I once bought a Les Paul from his shop (which I think was just outside Southend,
maybe Rayleigh or Benfleet?-in Essex).[/quote]

That's the one.... It was in Hadleigh, kinda halfway between Southend and Benfleet!! Good to hear Tim's still 'out there' .

[quote name='OldGit' post='744917' date='Feb 14 2010, 04:11 PM']No name hand painted (Humbrol paints usually used on my Airfix kits :)) 335 style semi acoustic with the pickup and controls on a kind of floating scratchplate thing ....
Loudness was provided by a "Baker" kit-built 30 watt valve head into a home made 1x15 cab lined with very scratchy loft insulation.[/quote]

Forgot part 2 "What I use now"

Shuker P5 and Wood & Tronics Ergon through a Markbass LMK head and 2 Bergantino 1x12's for posh gigs

Stagg upright through Roland Cube for some deps I do...

Japanese P bass through Series One Peavey Combo 300 1x15 BW (circa 1980) for rough gigs.

Peavey 1x15 combos seem to feature in a lot of people's early gear list. I had to wait for them to be invented but had one as soon as they did. Great amps!

• 9 months later...