Why become a member? ×

Basses on the settee

neilb

Thought I post mine up. First off, the basses: At the back is my Warwick Thumb NT, Yamaha 2024X, Rickenbacker 4001CS and Status Kingbass Artist. At the front is my '79 Musicman Stingray, '62 Fender Precision and Frender Custom Shop Ltd edition '64 Relic Jazz with Brazilian 'board.

[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m187/alanbass1/Bass1.jpg[/IMG]

Next up some six stringers: Across the back is my '56 Fender Telecaster, DeTemple Spirit '56, Tyler Burning Water and Fender Custom Shop '58 Relic. At the front of the house are my trio of PRS', an '89 Signature, 10th Anniversary and Santana III

[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m187/alanbass1/Guitars1.jpg[/IMG]

And last up are the stragglers; My Rodrigo Moreira classical with Brazilian back and sides, Gibson Custom Shop '59 Re-issue fitted with PAF's taken from a 1960 ES175, C P Thornton Jazz Elite and Collings OM2M. Lying pretty is my I'iwi Gold uke.

[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m187/alanbass1/Acoustic1.jpg[/IMG]

Guess that's it

[quote name='Harry' timestamp='1326381262' post='1496419']
Here's my lot...

[attachment=97179:IMG_0374.jpg]
[/quote]

Wow, that's some proper high-end stuff. F Bass, Fodera, Ken Smith, Nordstrand, Alleva-Coppolo... and is that a Sei Jazz on the top-left?

[quote name='Russ' timestamp='1326390737' post='1496657']
Wow, that's some proper high-end stuff. F Bass, Fodera, Ken Smith, Nordstrand, Alleva-Coppolo... and is that a Sei Jazz on the top-left?
[/quote]

yeah, just picked up the sei before christmas, absolute stunner sound wise and playability... love it

[quote name='mckendrick' timestamp='1326511941' post='1498346']
Wot... like [i]no WAL[/i]....? :) That Precison's gorgeous, by the way. :gas:
[/quote]

Yes, no Wals since 2009 for me, which has been a strange feeling.

That said, Paul and I are working on a new bass for me, which I'll be going for in a couple of years when the wood I've earmarked is ready. ;)

Thanks for the comment on the P bass too. I assume you mean the fretless?

• 1 month later...

Beware free sofa's - unfortunately this one was larger than our old one, I hereby claim that pathetic justification for what I've done :)
[attachment=100342:Trilogy.jpg]
The unexpected new arrival being Wes's Custom Shop - like the Pino was...but somehow even nicer!
[attachment=100343:59.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1330679728' post='1561323']
I'm in!

L-R: 1971 Precision, 1971 fretless Precision, Roscoe Beck IV, 1971 Jazz.

By the way, I'm happy to note the use of the word 'settee' on this thread, rather than 'couch' or 'sofa'. I approve.

[/quote]

is '71 your YOB by any chance, or just coincidence you have those 3?? Just asking because it's also mine.

I'm in!

By the way, I'm happy to note the use of the word 'settee' on this thread, rather than 'couch' or 'sofa'. I approve.

[/quote]

Love those basses, particularly the Roscoe Beck :)
Is it a 35" scale on that bass? It looks a bit longer than the others...

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1330682395' post='1561369']
is '71 your YOB by any chance, or just coincidence you have those 3?? Just asking because it's also mine.
[/quote]
It's coincidence.. I'm a '72 vintage. Technically though, I suppose I began to exist in '71... ;)

I'm in!

[/quote]

Very impressive - by anyone's standards

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1330683593' post='1561407']
It's coincidence.. I'm a '72 vintage. Technically though, I suppose I began to exist in '71... ;)
[/quote]

That still works, its a YOC bass (Year of conception). Nice basses, not a fan of the RB's, I'm too much of a snobby purist, but sunburst is hard to beat on a Fender! lovely collection.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a kinda crappy pic of my exceedingly good ACG Finn SC Basses.
I'm over the moon with them, they both make very different and complimentary sounds too.

[attachment=102622:ACG_Couch.jpg]

I'll take some proper photos when I get time in daylight...

Eude

OK, I'll play. Here are my two - a Blade B15 with a Badass bridge and an East Retro 01 and a 'VaJazzle' bitsa (mighty mite neck and an East pre (again).

Hmm, maybe I'm a bit too conservative in my taste in basses - time for a BC Rich or something next...

Edited by paul_5