Why become a member? ×

Basses on the settee

neilb

Here are my brace of beauties.

1) Crinson Precision Mk1
2) Sandberg California JM 4
3) Fender Precision 74'

Pretty much any sound available in them there basses with the simplest of amps.

The couch is rather comfy too

Edited by CPBassman

[quote name='Machines' post='1256359' date='Jun 4 2011, 12:00 PM']fretmeister, FYI if you hadn't stumped the cash up for that Bongo it was going to be mine :).[/quote]

Sorry about that!

It looks silly next to the Streamline. I have to think of them as different instruments really!

Amazing sound. I may well need a 4 string version too!

• 2 weeks later...

Well now - it's three of a kind, but only two of three basses - I hope you will forgive me.

A pretty good trio, in my view.

Hmm - may have to get a tortoiseshell pickguard for the Strat.........................

Stompbox

:)

[attachment=82870:Three_Fenders__2_.JPG]

[quote name='Stompbox' post='1272215' date='Jun 16 2011, 11:01 PM']Hmm - may have to get a tortoiseshell pickguard for the Strat.........................[/quote]

You most certainly will!

(My OCD is kicking in :) )

Oh... and change the neck on the Precision, and take the thumbrest off the Jazz!

I just took that too far didn't I ... sorry!

Edited by uke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just realized, these pix are not on a setee. Sorry... but you guys are English, right? Will a garden work? :)

Just got this in a trade for my Ibanez BTB405QM. The Ibby proved just out of reach with the 35.5" scale length, and I met up with a struggling young metal-hippie who was hankering for a 5-er. I've always wanted one of these, so when it became very easy I took a shot at it. I didn't come out the Deal-Shark exactly, but I like the bass. And after a few days and a gig, it's proved itself a fit. Here's the new Garden-Variety Thunderbird, Epiphone edition:

The custom strap-jig- negates neck-dive and facilitates a work-around for a left arm nerve issue:

And a little Family-Tree respect... this one's near a chair, at least... :)

Mods to come will include a steel-wool rub on the back of the neck, new matching clover-style tuners, a thumb rest, probably some less murky p'ups, and a buffing for the finish... I'm something of a carpenter and the noticeable 'warble' in the finish under certain lighting conditions bothers me, somewhere in a recess of my consciousness.

Nonetheless, I think this is one of the coolest shapes ever- and despite the heft of that Mahogany coffee-table body, I dig it.

Edited by Count Bassie

[quote name='Lorne' post='1292214' date='Jul 4 2011, 02:24 PM']Update, not on the settee, they wouldn't fit, they're on a bed instead, and still 2 basses I own aren't here to be photographed

[/quote]

amirite in thinking that one of these was used in a Thin Lizzy video?

Might as well give this one a go, just for a lauwf:

• 1 month later...

L-R: Fretless Warwick Thumb (currently unstrung)! 1989/90 MIJ Fender Precision '62 reissue (non export), '93 Musicman Stingray, Sei Jazz 5er, MiM Fender Jazz Deluxe (Wizard 64's and Audere JZ3D pre)

Double Bass wouldn't fit......!

Edited by davebass66

[quote name='Count Bassie' post='1357556' date='Aug 31 2011, 02:12 PM']Love the chrome Jazz Bass![/quote]

are you takadipiss? :) Seriously though, one of them is blue cyan with black hardware and the other one is erm hmm good question. Sort of a managerie of sunburst partially covered over by grey and white primer and glow in the dark paint lol. Also with "satin chrome" hardware. It's Great :)

[quote name='cd_david' post='1357605' date='Aug 31 2011, 02:58 PM']I love the Warwick next to the corvette? [u]Have you been selling some John[/u]?[/quote]
The one next to the Corvette (Infinette) is a 5th Anniversary Streamer (made in 84 to celebrate the anniversary in 87 :) ) and by all accounts owned when new by JPJ but I've only a handwritten letter by the distributor back in the 80's to verify that, so still looking for images or other validation.

As for selling... ever so slightly Dave! :)

A bit scary when I've just looked through pics on my hard drive (so just the last 3 years) but it amounts to... Zon (x2), PRS, Fender (x3), Musicman (x2), NS WAV, Yamaha, Spector (x2), Bolin, Squier & Warwick... x14 :lol:

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='1357630' date='Aug 31 2011, 10:21 AM']are you takadipiss? :lol: Seriously though, one of them is blue cyan with black hardware and the other one is erm hmm good question. Sort of a managerie of sunburst partially covered over by grey and white primer and glow in the dark paint lol. Also with "satin chrome" hardware. It's Great :)[/quote]

Ah... I figured I was looking at reflections! Some features/details are hard to nail down with these digital cam pix. You can get some unexpected, odd distortions.

So thanks for straightening me out! Bunch-a ball-busters... :)

Anyway from here it looks pretty cool.

[quote name='Count Bassie' post='1357656' date='Aug 31 2011, 03:49 PM']Ah... I figured I was looking at reflections! Some features/details are hard to nail down with these digital cam pix. You can get some unexpected, odd distortions.

So thanks for straightening me out! Bunch-a ball-busters... :)

Anyway from here it looks pretty cool.[/quote]

Hmm i'm really having trouble seeing what you mean. Here is another picture anyway which will hopefully clear away any confusion as to just how terrible this bass really is:

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='1357709' date='Aug 31 2011, 11:43 AM']Hmm i'm really having trouble seeing what you mean. Here is another picture anyway which will hopefully clear away any confusion as to just how terrible this bass really is:

[/quote]

Maybe I can clear up what I meant also- I didn't think I was looking at reflections anymore, after you explained it to me. But, I still think it's kind of cool-looking... I totally get why you think it's terrible, and I guess it kind of is! But still it's got a sort of ghostly effect, and if you could convey that effect so it didn't look 'terrible' up-close, you'd have something.

And I suppose you need to get another knob on that control plate.