Why become a member? ×

Basses on the settee

neilb

[quote name='rommi' timestamp='1339419849' post='1688121']
Where the hell do you keep all of these bloody things?? Have you built them their own extension onto the side of the house or something?? :gas:
[/quote]

Unfortunately some of those have gone the journey earlier this year, I have a couple of new ones but down to 22. They spend their life, some on display/play duty and some in a cupboard on the landing. :)

Must admit selling about 8 was quite cathartic and I no longer have the collecting for collecting sake mentality. Still look upon the majority as an investment and a pension of sorts which was the original reason for picking them up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Ninja_Baby' timestamp='1350840792' post='1844113']

Its a Fender Steve Harris sig bass. Weighs the same as a small planet, and has half a telegraph pole for a neck, but is fantastic.
[/quote]

Thought it was but the reflection of your curtains in the scratchplate threw me for a while. I actually think they look ace..perhaps you should get sone etched in....not very Harris admitedly...lol. Cool bass.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1350835650' post='1844024']
Nice mixture there. Love the colour of the 4003.
[/quote]
Thanks..its a great colour on this model but sadly the lacquer finish is appalling. Rickenbacker are aware of the problem.(which is really common with this colour) but wont do anything about it. The blue bleeds into the lacquer over the bindings and then, in my case, the lacquer peeled off..Ric even blamed users for not washing their hands for the problem on one thread on the Ric forum..lol...So it will always end up looking roadworn..not necessarily a bad thing though.

[quote name='warriorbass05' timestamp='1350304997' post='1836995']
I'll play

The Axe bass, the Pink Jaydee, Yellow BC Rich and the 6 stringers are still here...Others have gone to other pastures in exchange for new toys...
[/quote]

ahhahhaha I am sure the wife loves you! Nice collection ;)

Slight update, not technically a settee, and a proper crappy phone cam pic, but you get the idea.
3 ACGs makes for a very happy Eude, just need one more now to sooth my GAS...

Will do a proper photo, on a proper settee soon ;)

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1351506748' post='1851794']
Slight update, not technically a settee, and a proper crappy phone cam pic, but you get the idea.

Eude
[/quote]

What a lovely trio !

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1351506748' post='1851794']

Eude
[/quote]

Absolutely stunning collection you've got there!!!

After your fretless GAS you could get a 3 string and a 7 string to complete the set :D

If ever you get bored of playing them, I know of a good home for them...