Why become a member? ×

Basses on the settee

neilb

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1450229384' post='2930840']
I really like that Blade.
[/quote]
Thanks! So do I. I've had this bass for over 10 years now. I don't use it much, but every time I do I rediscover its awesomeness. One of the best necks I know. I have installed new pickups (Nordstrand) and a new preamp (Aguilar OBP-1) though, which makes the sound a lot better :)

Edited by BassAgent

[quote name='Mattpt85' timestamp='1450256142' post='2930900']
What's the orange one?
[/quote]

It's a home made jobbie. It's a mightymite neck with a one-piece ash body. EMG pickups and preamp - vol, blend, bass, treble. I ran the neck and middle pickups into a mini three-way switch and from that into the blend pot with the bridge pickup on the other side of the blend. It was pretty cheap to make but turned out better than I thought it would.

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1450259100' post='2930946']
It's a home made jobbie. It's a mightymite neck with a one-piece ash body. EMG pickups and preamp - vol, blend, bass, treble. I ran the neck and middle pickups into a mini three-way switch and from that into the blend pot with the bridge pickup on the other side of the blend. It was pretty cheap to make but turned out better than I thought it would.

[/quote]

I think that's brilliant!
Good job!
I would be tempted to put some black strings on there, extra contrast :yarr:

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1450311973' post='2931695']
How about a little update to finish the year :)

L-R:
1971 Fender Precision (34")
Maruszczyk Jake custom (33")
Fodera Matt Garrison Standard (33")
Fender Japan Jazz (32")

Si
[/quote]

Oh come now, there's 14 days left in the year!

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1450728646' post='2935334']
...and a snapshot from today after finally getting the SR800LE last Friday after a 25 or so year search. I think it's time to stop for sure. That being said, I really would like to get a Wal MkII in the future :lol:

[/quote]

There's a few in there on my bucket list!

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1450728646' post='2935334']
...and a snapshot from today after finally getting the SR800LE last Friday after a 25 or so year search. I think it's time to stop for sure. That being said, I really would like to get a Wal MkII in the future :lol:

[/quote]

There's a few in there on my bucket list!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='BassAgent' timestamp='1422782280' post='2676615']
My couch is the perfect size:

Top row, left to right: De Gier Bebop 5 (2013), Fender Standard Jazz Bass fretless (2001), Fender Jazz Bass (1966), Fender Road Worn Precision Bass (2009)
Bottom row, left to right: Blade B2 Tetra Bass (2001), Yamaha BB N5II (2001), Eko BA4 fretless (1987)
[/quote]

Some beauties there, Bassagent, but my favourite wow! moment was seeing that Eko acoustic. I have an earlier version with (thank god) fret markers. I stuck a noname violin pickup under the floating bridge and found an, almost, perfect excuse for not owning an upright.

Good tip! I might do that someday. I mostly use it at home ATM. My bass does have fret markers on the side, but only the "dotted" frets. And what EKO must have thought "well, everybody puts dots at 3, 5, 7, 9 and 12, let's do that differently. Let's put dots on 3, 5, 7, [b]10[/b] and 12. That'll confuse people. Hah!". So yeah. That.

Edited by BassAgent

Here is my collection, with the last being added only on Saturday, which is the Suhr J.

We have from left to right a fabulous PRS GG 4, the Suhr, Bongo HH 4 Stealth and my beautiful Pedulla Buzz
I have never had such a beautiful looking or playing collection of basses and I am now officially bass GAS free. My rig however might be up for a change......

Edited by Urban Bassman

[quote name='Urban Bassman' timestamp='1453721622' post='2962038']
Here is my collection,
[/quote]And what a fine collection it is too. You don't see many GGs, you forget what really, really nice basses they are; the others are lovely too.

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1453746619' post='2962413']
That GG is stunning, genuinely stunning.
[/quote]
[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1453746802' post='2962416']
And what a fine collection it is too. You don't see many GGs, you forget what really, really nice basses they are; the others are lovely too.
[/quote]

Thanks chaps, the GG is a thing of great beauty.