Why become a member? ×

Basses on the settee

neilb

Here's a quick pic of my collection of abused and misused ...

L-R:
Music Man Stingray 5
Iceni Zoot Funkmeister
Yamaha TRB 5
Stuart Spector Designs NS94
Double bass of unknown origin

Full details on [url="http://www.gilmourvisualnoise.co.uk/Gilmour_Visual_Noise/Blog/Entries/2011/1/14_My_Basses.html"]my blog[/url]

[quote name='gilmour' post='1089996' date='Jan 14 2011, 11:26 PM']Here's a quick pic of my collection of abused and misused ...

L-R:
Music Man Stingray 5
Iceni Zoot Funkmeister
Yamaha TRB 5
Stuart Spector Designs NS94
Double bass of unknown origin

Full details on [url="http://www.gilmourvisualnoise.co.uk/Gilmour_Visual_Noise/Blog/Entries/2011/1/14_My_Basses.html"]my blog[/url][/quote]

Reminds me of a Facebook pic where some fat bloke is taking the whole pic up :).

Here's my current lot (until later on today when the Yamaha gets shipped off)

Left to right:
Yamaha BB300
Shine SB35 (surprisingly good for the very little I got it for)
Westone Thunder IA - my main bass and the one I'll keep forever :)
Ibanez St940 - the new favourite!

All cheap as chips but I love 'em anyway.

[attachment=69665:P1011354.JPG]

[quote name='Machines' post='1098402' date='Jan 22 2011, 09:48 AM']Reminds me of a Facebook pic where some fat bloke is taking the whole pic up :).[/quote]

Yeah :) bloody upright. The day I bought it my wife got home took one step in the living room and said "What the f*** have you done". It takes up about half the room, every now and then I think about selling it, and then pick up some gigs (largely because I own an upright rahter than for my ham fisted attmepts at playing it!)

I couldn't resist a little shot of my basses (as it stands now). Technically it's a futon not a settee, but I'm hoping nobody will mind :)
[attachment=70738:Futon.jpg]
L-R: CS Pino, Sadowsky NYC and Road Worn Jazz. I hate having 3 basses but they are all so nice I find it impossible to choose. The Pino and the Road Worn give me all that I need, but the Sadowsky is a total luxury that I'd be terrified to sell only to regret it forever.

[quote name='Legion' post='1112122' date='Feb 2 2011, 10:47 AM']I couldn't resist a little shot of my basses (as it stands now). Technically it's a futon not a settee, but I'm hoping nobody will mind :)
[attachment=70738:Futon.jpg]
L-R: CS Pino, Sadowsky NYC and Road Worn Jazz. I hate having 3 basses but they are all so nice I find it impossible to choose. The Pino and the Road Worn give me all that I need, but the Sadowsky is a total luxury that I'd be terrified to sell only to regret it forever.[/quote]

Lovely collection. Is that a new Pino or your old one back?

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1112253' date='Feb 2 2011, 12:38 PM']Overwater!

David, that's an immense collection. I need to book you into a teleconference with my wife. The topic: basses as a a sensible investment choice in these troubled times.[/quote]

Thank you,

Lol TBH thats what they are for, its a pension plan and tax write off plan. When I retire they bar, about 5 will be all sold off.

Edited by cd_david

Yeah, and I imagine they'll be worth a pretty penny under any prices. I sent a PM admiringly about the pointy Overwater. Never seen one before, very impressed - [i]edited: just spotted your reply on the other thread, so I'm off Googling![/i]

Edited by Gust0o

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='famstd' post='1133021' date='Feb 19 2011, 02:51 AM']This Fender Am. Std. followed me home a few days ago. It plays great. I was going to change pickguard to Parchment. I'm getting to like the tortoise shell more and more.

[/quote]

Its a stunner. I would leave the tort on. :)

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='1133402' date='Feb 19 2011, 09:29 AM']Nah, leave the tort on, it looks the biz. Don`t you think that white basses look the dog dangalies?

Jez[/quote]
Hey man; I really like the look myself too. I heard Fender is dropping my Olympic White/Maple from the Am. Std. Series. Snagged this one new, just as they hung it on the wall. It has an almost Hendrix look to it. I know, dream on.

Edited by famstd

• 4 weeks later...