Why become a member? ×

Basses on the settee

neilb

[quote name='ped' post='676997' date='Dec 7 2009, 06:52 PM']Here are my planks on the sofa... I have neatly cropped the wine stain out of the picture (with the other stains)

ped[/quote]

That fretless is very handsome. I like Vigier basses. There was a blue beauty in that shop in Colchester last year.

[quote name='ped' post='676997' date='Dec 7 2009, 06:52 PM']Here are my planks on the sofa... I have neatly cropped the wine stain out of the picture (with the other stains)

ped[/quote]

That's a beautiful picture and Ayrton Senna is just the icing on the cake :)

Thanks! I'm still playing with the camera and with basically no light in the lounge I had to use ISO3200 as I have no tripod! The pic of Aryton I took myself too - though I took a picture of a picture in a book and blew it up!!

ped

[quote name='Spoombung']That fretless is very handsome. I like Vigier basses. There was a blue beauty in that shop in Colchester last year.[/quote]

Thanks - it really is a special bass but I haven't been playing it so much recently. Sometimes it's all I play for ages, though. Come to think of it, apart from earlier this evening, when I had a great jam, I haven't played much bass at all in the last few weeks!

• 1 month later...

ped[/quote]Bring back tobacco sponsership in F1, it was far sexier.
I love the way Vigier basses somehow show the expression of the French people. Their upper and lower horns are at just the right orientation to say, "We are French, let's eat a great meal, drink some fine wine, dance and then make love".

• 2 weeks later...

Like many people I started off with a cheap thing to practise on and when the finish started to wear thin I just got some cheap stuff to cover it with........

After I while though when I began to take life more seriously I had a proper refurb done

Can you believe it's the same one?

Anyway - nothing lasts forever so I got this last year

First 'off white ' one I've ever had but I never liked it from day one.

So - I just took delivery of a new chocolate leather 3 seater recliner - cost a fortune but it's ace.

BTW - sorry about the silly basses getting in the way of the pics.

[quote name='7string' post='730483' date='Jan 31 2010, 12:39 PM']Is that pic in the background Ayrton Senna driving a JPS Lotus?[/quote]

Yeah at Spa going through Eau Rouge, 1986 in qualifying. 2 years before my bass was made :0)

ped

• 1 month later...

Here's my collection, finally!

The rehearsal room/studio is closed for refurb, so all of the boys are home.

left to right -
2007 Rickenbacker 4003 Blueburst
2000 Warwick Corvette Swamp Ash
2007 Fender MIM 50's Precision Bass White Blonde
2001 Fender USA 75' Jazz Bass (Factory Special Run)
1983 Squier Japan Precision Bass 3 Colour Sunburst
2007 Fender Japan 62' Precision Bass Old Lake Placid Blue
2003 Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass Natural
in the middle -
1980's Yamaha Japan BB300 Metallic Red (My first ever bass...)

Oooh, and a snazzy Jazz painting by me in the background.

Trav

• 2 months later...