[attachment=59545:camera_1...8_10_072.jpg]
[attachment=59546:camera_1...8_10_073.jpg]
[attachment=59547:camera_1...8_10_074.jpg]
[attachment=59543:camera_1...8_10_075.jpg]
Will post better pics soon.

Cheers, Mick. :)

Edited by Big Mick

• 4 weeks later...

All that now remains of my once bigger collection .

The P bass was my first . Got it in '84 when I was 15 . Gigged it solid from '86 to '92 .
Depending on which book , either a 78,79 or 80 . All tags , covers and the original unmarked case . I believe the chrome scratch came with it , as it came with it - that was what I was told . Or could have been an add on . Don't know .
I only get this out once a year , and am probably gonna sell it (probably regret it , but it never gets played) .

The Status was an Ebay pickup , and another I've hardly played . The knob got busted off , and I've hardly touched it since . A bit battered all round to say the least .

The jazz was another Ebay pickup . 70's jazz body (so I was told) , with a graphite neck made by Vongaton . Status replaced the electrics with their 2 band (but now leaving a spare hole) . Rob changed the bridge too , and tidied up the neck , but it is still very slightly warped - with a noticable buzz around the 10th to 12th fret .
Another not used , and just stuffed into a double gigbag as a spare .

The Framus is a dog . The only point of this piece of crap is to hang it on the wall and admire it , cause if you tried to play it , all admiration would rapidly disappear . Bought it for a ton about 20 yrs ago , took it to Martin Booth to try and make it playable - but as thay say - "you can't polish a turd". How Wyman ever played one is beyond me , it's probably on a par with Futurama , Watkins and all of that other 2 bit early sixties rubbish .

The Stingray is my keeper . Bought it as a pair , but the shop sold the fretted one before I paid for both . Initially a fretless , Steve Smith , who used to make Goodfellow Basses , fretted it for me .
The previous owner wanted a flame bodied graphite necked stingray . So he sold the body and neck to another , got Rodger Giffen to make a body with a bookmatched top , stuck the hardware and electrics back in , and fitted a Modulus Quantam neck .
Done every gig bar one in close to 20yrs on this - country to blues to function/corporate to heavy rock - does it all .

I'm not much good with camera's , and I'll try to post better pics later with my cruddy cheap model .

Thanks for looking - it's only taked me 15 months

[attachment=61654:024.JPG]

Edited by E sharp

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='992562' date='Oct 18 2010, 06:18 PM']That's what you call a committed bass player! Hehe[/quote]
Hehe, from times when I was still looking for a sound that worked for me.

[quote name='E sharp' post='992677' date='Oct 18 2010, 07:58 PM']I'm really liking both the Cutlass 1 and 2 , and the pair of Modulus's .

Have you still got them ?[/quote]
I sold them all. The Cutlasses and the Modulus fretless had necks like bananas (common fault) and the Modulus fretted was a nice bass but lacked any warmth.

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='992815' date='Oct 18 2010, 09:47 PM']Never mind the sofa or bass guitars, what`s happened to the Hypno camel CK? Or was it a goat? :)

Jez[/quote]
After Oct 31st, the hypnogoat will return...or will-

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOGOAT

Heres my settee contribution :) Sorry about the crap quality of the pics thats the crappy camera on the iphone for yer!
[u]OLP Ernie Ball MM2 Stingray copy[/u], These are quite collectable now, OLP pulled the plug on them last year i believe as they were proving a bit [b]too[/b] popular!
Made in China but quite well made! The nut was a bit sh*t so i had a new one made for it, and the bridge saddle screws were so sharp they cut yer hand when playing with a pick down there!
I had it fitted with Rotosound flatwounds and it sounds quite nice!
[u]1977 USA Fender Precision[/u] Very heavy peice of kit! When I got it, it was converted to active circuitry by some muppet who made a right pigs ear of it!
I relaced the P ups with Fender vintage ones with the old style cloth wound wires and a new pick guard.
Had it set up beautifully by the Bass Centre in London last week, they put on a new set of Elites 105-45 on it.
I,ll gig it on the weekend and see how it sounds!! :lol: