Why become a member? ×

Put all the upgrades on one bass!

la bam

Just now, TheGreek said:

If you're going for LEDs why not a sound to light? 

(Can't find the video I was looking for)

I have a bass with SIMs custom LED inlays and headstock logo. It also has a laser that shoot out the top!

I feel every gigging bass should also have a compartment in the back with a magnetic cover.  Inside would be the truss rod tool, allen keys, a little spanner for tightening up the loose hex nut on the guitar player's jack socket, Rizla and filters for the drummer, emergency tramadol: all the essentials.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Built in compressor (where's that Canadian, when I don't remember his name? JTEX?), fretless with Autotune (I know, practise...), fretboard with lights for specific scales, detuner bridge (Zon Hyperbass, MManring), Steinberger TransTrem, easily detachable neck (fits airplane cabins), moving pickup(s) (Spalt vViper), touch pad (Misa Kitara/TriBass)...

I personally think that most the tone from a guitar or bass comes from the TONEWOOD, I’ve done extensive RESEARCH on the internets so don’t have the TIM to argue with uneducated people about that. What I would do is combine the BEST of all worlds to create a amazing axe - the body would have layers of ash, alder and mahogany letting me access all the major guitar tones - and then I would want in layers  a 5A* burl top, then 5A*flame maple then with 5A* quilt top - expensive but worth it by having all the tone woods it gives you. ALL THE TONES  

the fretboard I haven’t decided on but think maple under the D and G strings, wenge under the A and then Brazilian rosewood under the B and E string 

Edited by LukeFRC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

I personally think that most the tone from a guitar or bass comes from the TONEWOOD, I’ve done extensive RESEARCH on the internets so don’t have the TIM to argue with uneducated people about that. What I would do is combine the BEST of all worlds to create a amazing axe - the body would have layers of ash, alder and mahogany letting me access all the major guitar tones - and then I would want in layers  a 5A* burl top, then 5A*flame maple then with 5A* quilt top - expensive but worth it by having all the tone woods it gives you. ALL THE TONES  

the fretboard I haven’t decided on but think maple under the D and G strings, wenge under the A and then Brazilian rosewood under the B and E string 

Interchangeable tonewoods, possibly automated, so you don't get the problems associated with playing in C on a maple body or 3/4 with ebony fingerboard.

Telescopic neck.

Allows quick changes of scale length on the fly.

When not in use the neck reverse-telecopes right down to the body and you can fit the whole thing in a small briefcase or carrier bag.

• Haha 1

Keep the ideas coming!

So, so far as a rough overview..(apologies if I've missed anything). 

. Drop tuners on all strings. 

. Auto tuner on the headstock

. Luminlay and LED markers on the fretboard. 

. Fretted and fret less mod. 

. Slide able interchangeable pickups. 

. Pick up selector switch. 

. Tones styler type tone control

. A mix of tone woods. 

. Filter type eq system. 

. Mono and Stereo out jack. 

. Built in internal Roland synth module. 

. Preamp

. Parametric eq for bass lomid himid treble

. Built in compressor. 

. Built in distortion / drive. 

. Kill switch. 

. S1 switch. 

. Smart phone / iPad compatibility. 

. String thru body option

. Emergency tool kit compartment (similar to battery compartment). 

. Built in wireless option. 

Sounds amazing :)

If its a hit, there'll be a Harley Benton version in a year or two for around £150 :)

3 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

I agree, but your tonewood choices are all WRONG! :angry2:

Edited by Baloney Balderdash