Why become a member? ×

Any Favourite Whacky Songs/Instrumentals?

Presumably this isn't intended to cover comedic musicians, like Tom Lehrer, Flanders & Swann, Jake Thackray et al. There's all of Gong's "Camembert Electrique" for a start, and I like this very short track by Sam Brown:

2 hours ago, miles'tone said:

You must have some real players in your band. That's very cool!

It was Tom Fowler who broke his hand. He's the bass player on the live "Roxy..." album I posted above.

Listen to it and imagine your mate depping with that band for a night 😂 He must be a great reader! 

Thanks,

Si

It was indeed, Tom Fowler👍

My bandmate (Mick) is probably as far removed as it's possible to be from a "reader".

https://wiki.killuglyradio.com/wiki/Mick_Rogers

• Like 2

Witch's Egg from the film Forbidden Zone....has a great vid too

Cool in the Pool - Holger Czukay (from Can)

Bombay Duck - Rick Wakeman. Sounds like a clown soundtrack if the clown has done lots of acid

15 hours ago, Old Man Riva said:

Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon, though mainly for the Coventry connection rather than its musical merits..!

Ah, it was number 1 on the day I was born in Coventry. Maybe I should give it a listen...

I'm not sure if Ministry would ever want to be classed as whacky but Jesus Built My Hotrod is edging towards that territory... and is fantastic. Puts a smile on my face every time. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I think this is called 'Ode To A Dying Cow' by Steve 'Wishbass' Wishnevsky

Not quite what I was expecting when I clicked on the thumbnail. Don't think I'll be adding it to my playlist😂

16 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Bombay Duck - Rick Wakeman. Sounds like a clown soundtrack if the clown has done lots of acid

Prog does have more than it's fair share of whacky moments - early Genesis, anyone?😉 Although, when it comes to prog, I think the correct terminology is "whimsy"😄

6 hours ago, miles'tone said:

Not sure if this qualifies as whacky but it makes me laugh 😄

The Reverend has loads of great tunes with funny lyrics, he's a great guitarist too. This is my fave.......

Whimsical Dutch Canterbury-like band Supersister always have whackiness up their sleeves.
This long track suddenly turns into something else after roughly nine minutes.

"Judy goes on holiday" is off the album "Pudding en gisteren", and if you don't understant this Dutch title: it was also released with the international title "Pudding and gisteren". See what I mean with "whimsical"?