46 minutes ago, Rayman said:

STOP……..

………Hamer time.

Nice bass indeed. 

41 minutes ago, bigthumb said:

But you can't touch it! 

I see what you did there!

• Like 1

I remember someone selling one of the B12 12-string basses on here years ago, kind of Jeff Ament spec (matte black).  I just didn't have the money, it was bonkers cheap at something like £1.7K.  I think about it quite often and wonder where it ended up.

Oh go on then, I'll play 😉

I have a Hamer Scarab, white and just like the one Rick Savage played with Def Leppard around the Hysteria time....

I also have 3 (yes, three!) incredibly rare Hamer Impact basses. These were designed with Kip Winger and are amazing looking and sounding instruments...

One in black marble, one in red and one in copper....

Love them all!

20171030_224058.jpg

20201210_220516.jpg

Edited by cetera
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I've never owned one, but I remember when the original Cruise Bass came out in the very early '80s and it got rave reviews. I longed for one at the time but alas it was way out of my price range in those days.

2 hours ago, cetera said:

I have a Hamer Impact, white and just like the one Rick Savage played with Def Leppard around the Hysteria time....

20171030_224058.jpg

That would be the Hamer Scarab. This was the bass that got me into bass.

I would dearly love one of these but for two reasons 1) far too expensive (and scarce) these days, 2) I only play 5-strings now.

I still very much have a soft spot for these basses.

Mark

• Like 1

Yep, that's what I meant.... I was already thinking about the Impact basses while typing about the Scarab. I've edited my original post....

Edited by cetera

I had a scarab once. It played really nice but I never got on with the sound. I'd love to try it again now, now I understand things better (I'd only been playing about 7 years, I was gigging 4 times a week in those days but didn't really understand what made things sound different)

1 hour ago, Gnermo said:

I own a fretless Hamer, not sure which model :)

IMG_0490.jpg?ex=65a2812f&is=65900c2f&hm=

Can I ask where you're located?  I was trying to get a scratchplate cut for my Cruisebass; no intention of screwing it in, just double-sided tape.

I've not been able to facilitate a schematic of the plate.

On 02/01/2024 at 21:04, cetera said:

I have a Hamer Scarab, white and just like the one Rick Savage played with Def Leppard around the Hysteria time....

I also have 3 (yes, three!) incredibly rare Hamer Impact basses. These were designed with Kip Winger and are amazing looking and sounding instruments...

One in black marble, one in red and one in copper....

Love them all!

20171030_224058.jpg

20201210_220516.jpg

That white Scarab…. One day I will have enough money to persuade you to part with it 😄

• Haha 1