Why become a member? ×

Gear4 Music

WishIcouldplay

Bought a cheapo G4M brand guitar in their Black Friday sale, arrived very slightly bashed up & they were very happy to offer a replacement or a decent discount.

They seem generally well-priced & I was very pleased with their customer service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WishIcouldplay said:

I am attempting to buy a Fender Custom shop Bass and asked for some extra pictures (apart from those on the web site) so that I can check on one or two details. Not much to ask for a Bass costing around £4K but they tell me that Fender will not allow them to open the Bass?

I think it is quite brave to spend £4k on a bass without seeing it and playing it first.

1 hour ago, WishIcouldplay said:

I am attempting to buy a Fender Custom shop Bass and asked for some extra pictures (apart from those on the web site) so that I can check on one or two details. Not much to ask for a Bass costing around £4K but they tell me that Fender will not allow them to open the Bass?

So - how did they photograph it in the first place?

I've only ever had to deal with their CS once, I bought a cheapy bass from them but the fingerboard was delaminating from the rest of the neck at the nut.  Returned and refunded without issue.

I’ve always found them helpful whenever I’ve been in the shop. Last thing I bought there was a gig bag for my mustang and they let me try it out for size first. 

One thing to be aware of which I have been caught out by in the past. ‘In stock’ means they have access to the item in their inventory, not that it’s in stock in York, their only physical shop. You can check if it’s actually in the shop by adding it to your basket, choosing delivery based on your postcode then Seeing if the option to collect in store exists. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ped said:

‘In stock’ means they have access to the item in their inventory, not that it’s in stock in York, their only physical shop.

Could this have something to do with "Sorry, no photos." ?

Warehouse could be miles away, not to mention the folks working there are likely way too busy shipping out orders.

13 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

I went to buy something from them that was "in stock" which it was, in their Swedish Hub! :D

But I have used them a few times and the fact that you can order stuff late on a Saturday to get it on Sunday is good for those impulse buys.

I had that once, but I was not waiting for the amp, and it arrived before their estimated date, so all good. I also bought a bass from them, delivered quickly and in good nick.

Bought a US Fender jazz from them earlier this year, all good. Have bought other bits from them in the past and will continue to do so in future.

While I'd find it difficult to pay custom shop prices without having seen the bass in person there is something to be said for the distance selling regulations that protect online buyers more than those who buy in person which could be a better bet when spending that kind of money.

I spent quite a lot with them at one point.  They do(did?) a rewards scheme (still there?) and my account was a platinum one, which meant reasonable discounts on some items.  Always had good service, even when it went wrong (which wasn't often). :)