Why become a member? ×

What single thing would you like a gear company to do that they don't do currently?

Jean-Luc Pickguard

29 minutes ago, EssexBuccaneer said:

I’d just like a powerful bass amp that doesn’t require a forklift to move from home-car-venue and back again. 

I wanted one of those. So I bought a Shuttle 9.2 and a Barefaced Super 12T. Now I have a super powerful bass amp that barely requires any effort at all to move from home-car-venue and back again.

• Like 3

I'd also like Fender to release the 80s Performer bass again, albeit slightly updated with wider string spacing (and perhaps a different headstock). This and the aforementioned Beck bass are the only two Fenders that I would seriously consider buying. 

PSX_20230909_112414.jpg

• Like 3

On 07/09/2023 at 18:00, neepheid said:

Gibson to release some genuine reissues of past bass failures and make some new ones I might be interested in...

This. But done by Epiphone, at least on the reissues. They'd be cheaper, probably better built and with more colour options, even if the woods were not as good 😊.

Edited by howdenspur
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EssexBuccaneer said:

I’d just like a powerful bass amp that doesn’t require a forklift to move from home-car-venue and back again. 

One day I’ll invent one and make my millions. 

You won't make a penny as they already exist: check GR Bass AeroTech Carbon Fiber series or the Natural Fiber series, you'll be amazed by the weight and power.

I own and play a GR Bass AeroTech Full Carbon Combo 800 (Watts at 4 Ohms) coupled, when needed) to a GR Bass AeroTech Full Carbon Cabinet 112+ (450 Watts at 8 Ohms): plenty of power and total weight of both is ... 14.5 kilos (do the maths to convert it in ancient money).

Edited by Hellzero
Weight added
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich said:

I wanted one of those. So I bought a Shuttle 9.2 and a Barefaced Super 12T. Now I have a super powerful bass amp that barely requires any effort at all to move from home-car-venue and back again.

But does it sound like music being played through an iPhone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, EssexBuccaneer said:

It already exists. Pair a decent bass pre' with something like a big Lab Gruppen class D power amp and away you go. Pricey, though.

Edited by Dan Dare
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, dclaassen said:

You are correct sir…your 1x12” rig would blow an old Ampeg out of the water. 

It's a 2x12. A very, very loud 2x12.

Do you have anything to actually contribute to the thread, or did you just come here to make sarky comments about my rig?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dclaassen said:

Nope…I just started by saying that I often am underwhelmed by the newer, lighter smaller rigs.. sorry you got offended by the expression of my opinion. 

Your opinion carries no weight as it is non specific. Have you ever heard a BF 12 given some welly? I have. Made me question why anyone would buy a 410 these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/09/2023 at 21:05, Buddster said:

I'll add another. 

Read bass forums to see what customers really want. 

Indeed. We want BBOT high mass bridges, 4, 5, and 6 strings, headless with nice headstocks, made with acrylic aluminium tonewoods, and with Precision Jazz Musicman Nordstrand Aguilar Bartolini pickups. In fretted, lined fretless, unlined fretless, and left-hand versions of all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

58 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Indeed. We want BBOT high mass bridges, 4, 5, and 6 strings, headless with nice headstocks, made with acrylic aluminium tonewoods, and with Precision Jazz Musicman Nordstrand Aguilar Bartolini pickups. In fretted, lined fretless, unlined fretless, and left-hand versions of all.

Speak for yourself.

• Like 1

On 07/09/2023 at 21:50, jonno1981 said:

Neural (or someone else) to offer a capture type technology for instruments. I want my cheapo pub bass to sound like my fender! Or a Beatle bass, or something else. 

Bit like a variax, but not crap!

Positive Grid's Bias FX has been offering Guitar Match for many years now, long before Neurals plugins were a thing, but, AFAICR you can only select their guitar options, but you do get the option of a Precision bass or a Dingwall Combustion. 

• Like 2

On SansAmp products like our Bass Driver DI etc, the "Drive" control acts like the volume control on a vintage non-master volume amplifier. As you turn up the control in the first half of the rotation, you increase both volume and power amp style distortion. When you get around 12 o'clock (depending upon playing style, pickup output etc) you start to get to the point where increasing the Drive results in more distortion and volume increases become less and less as the circuit gets more saturated. 

We do have a few products like our PSA 2.0 that have "Gain" controls. Gain increases the input sensitivity. 

Drive=distortion

Gain=input sensitivity

Volume=level 

These terms can be interpreted somewhat differently for different applications. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1