Why become a member? ×

Identical gear twins

Mudpup

I have two Zoom MS-60Bs. Nominally they are identical, but one is missing a knob. It also has one switch which has failed to function. I also have two Tascam GB-10s, one of which is mildly faulty (I can't transfer songs via USB) but otherwise OK.

I also have several sets of Elite strings.

4 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

I have two 70’s sunburst/rosewood Fender P basses. The later one has a black guard though, so not entirely identical. They actually do sound quite different! 

rob

You were doing so well, until that second sentence. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have two identical sunburst Precision Lytes. Both from the same year, with fairly close serial

numbers IIRC. After getting the first one, I was so impressed that when another one came up

for sale I couldn’t resist it as a spare. The late era models like mine are less common but I much

prefer them - chrome hardware and better paint finish than the earlier ones IMO. 

( I actually had 4 of these at one point ,although the other two were white and red)

Once I’d used a P-Lyte, I realised that it was the answer for me to continue playing into my

later years, as I had a shoulder injury which meant I had to abandon using Stingrays. At just

7lbs my bass is the ideal weight for me, hence wanting to make sure I wasn’t short of them. 😁

Edited by casapete
Stupidity
  • Like 1

I have:

Two identical Kramer Spector NS2's in black

Two identical Kramer Spector NS2A's in black

Three identical Fernandes Spectorbirds in black

Two Gallien-Kreuger 400RB amps

Two Gallien-Krueger 800RB amps

Why? Love them and all are rare as the proverbial rocking horse poop....

17 hours ago, Bunion said:

I’ll try again… IMG_0356.thumb.jpeg.39c06e47ed6f877dea2901aa1c86f6e2.jpeg

Quick question: how do the SVT-IIP and the SVP-PRO compare, tonally? I know the PRO has somewhat more tone shaping options and the addition of useful added connections like an FX loop, tuner out, and a bright switch rather than a bright input. I have the SVP-CL and SVP-PRO and love both (but only use the latter). I've been looking at the SVT-IIP as well, either as a backup or as my home recording / practice setup. 

Mine's really boring compared to some of you lunatics 😀 but it is almost a song.

Five Mono Betty straps all with EB straplocks, Four Hiscox Cases, Two Boss TU-2s, Two EHX Bass Soul Foods...

And a partridge in a pear tree.

I'm tempted to get another TU-2 to make it work properly...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Zoom B1-4.

Got 3 of the little buggers.  One on my PB, one that functions perfectly well as my PB for gigs and a spare that I use as a headphone amp and keep around well, you know just in case something happens to the other two!

I've plenty of pedals that I use far less and which cost more, each, than these three put together.

Zoom B1-4.JPG

I have 2 Marshall 7400 heads and a 7200

two MBC 410 cabs

two westbury track 2 basses

5 Bc Rich Warlocks ( although different colours)

3 ehx bass soul food 

2 weeping demon wahs

3 joyo orange juice

3 caline orange burst

2 ehx glove od

4 boss hm2

2 mooer slow engine

2 dod bifet preamp

2 NUX livemate

for each band I have a separate board, which in turn means I need multiples of some pedals.

Some are for my 'collection' as they can be tough to locate second-hand, so I acquire them when I see them

Twin HPF's and twin BDDI's, because I thought I was going to build a 2nd utility board for backlined gigs and keep the main board together for my other band.

You get way less pushback from FOH lackies when the last thing your signal comes from is a BDDI even though its red light is off! HPF mandatory if you don't want to sound like the kid coming down the road in his rat wagon.