Why become a member? ×

That basschat.co.uk rotasound advert.

bass_dinger

You're not taking the question seriously - which probably tells me all that I need to know about the likely answer! 

Is the man that tall bassist who makes cheese?

Is the person in the hat the young German girl who works for Thomann and demonstrates basses on their YouTube channel?

7 minutes ago, Andermtc said:

Love this video of her playing Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

I know this is probably done to showcase her skills and probably not what she would normally play, but if I was in a band and the bass was played like that over the song I think I would soon be asking them politely to find another band.

And that is coming from someone who likes busy/creative bass players.  Maybe it is just me.  Each to their own of course and not knocking you for liking it yourself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Huge Hands said:

I know this is probably done to showcase her skills and probably not what she would normally play, but if I was in a band and the bass was played like that over the song I think I would soon be asking them politely to find another band.

And that is coming from someone who likes busy/creative bass players.  Maybe it is just me.  Each to their own of course and not knocking you for liking it yourself.

I suggest you look at a few more of her YouTube videos. She is a really excellent bass player and it is her band so she can play what she likes, and does.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bass_dinger said:

My basschat feed has an advert across the top of it, for Rotosound strings. 

Lots of attractive, young, happy people smiling because of their string choice, and a couple of older, professorial gentlemen, making music.

Are they well-known musicians, or models chosen for their good looks?

They're young and happy because they haven't used Rotos long enough to have to stump up the cash for a refret. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

It's so small I can't see it. 

(Why do I get the feeling I've said that before somewhere?)

Gibsons’ QC budget?

Ric’s PR budget?

Fenders RD budget?

My budget? 
My budgie? 
My budgie smugglers’ 

Oh Lord that last coffee was strooong sorry. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, miles'tone said:

They're young and happy because they haven't used Rotos long enough to have to stump up the cash for a refret. 

15 minutes ago, Misdee said:

They only look young and happy because they haven't realised the amount of fret wear they are going to experience. 

It was funnier the first time. 😉

• Haha 1

On 20/01/2023 at 11:24, Huge Hands said:

Noone would play that in a band, she is playing along solo to a record.

Here's the list of players from the Rotosound website. https://www.rotosound.com/players/ Unfortunately, not all the players have photos.

45 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

Is the guy on his own the bassist from Snarky Puppy? I recognised Kinga.

That'd be Michael League. He's not in the above list and I don't think that's a bass the guy is holding, looks more like a nylon strung acoustic to me, but there is certainly a resemblance to ML.