Why become a member? ×

Newcastle

Bluewine

2 hours ago, Geek99 said:

Why would anyone bother ? Pastry has animal fat in, pork by definition has animal fat in. It’s like making a suspension bridge out of cheese because at least you’re not using that evil metal stuff 

It's reasonable to assume that Greegs would not make a 'Vegan Sausage Roll' with animal fats in the pastry but hydrogenated veg fat. However I understand the sausage bit is Quorn which contains egg whites and is thus not Vegan anyway.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

It's reasonable to assume that Greegs would not make a 'Vegan Sausage Roll' with animal fats in the pastry but hydrogenated veg fat. However I understand the sausage bit is Quorn which contains egg whites and is thus not Vegan anyway.

It doesn't contain egg, it is certified vegan (both the sausage and the pastry). There is quite a lot of vegan stuff at greggs, although it is still greggs!

• Like 1

I spent a lot of time in Newcastle when I was younger, mainly because I lived in Middlesbrough. I'd be very tempted to move up that way if the other half would, though to be fair I do like it here in Yorkshire. Leeds isn't a bad city but it felt like a step down from Newcastle for a night out when I moved there. My mum's family were all from up that way (they were either miners or worked at Armstrong's works in Newcastle, so that's going back a bit now obviously).

Hard to think of a better city in the UK for a night out.

Edited by adamg67
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Geek99 said:

No we arent because no one has ever heard of your Newcastle 😛

I've had some cracking nights out in Newcastle-Under-Lyme. It's where our agents are based and we go up at least once a year to shoot new promo material and always get a hotel so we can have a few beers. There are some great ale pubs.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

I've had some cracking nights out in Newcastle-Under-Lyme. It's where our agents are based and we go up at least once a year to shoot new promo material and always get a hotel so we can have a few beers. There are some great ale pubs.

Near Burton on Trent, old home of many fine ales. All down to the water apparently.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacDaddy said:

It's possible the mince still would not be vegan, even without the egg white...

Why?

Mycoprotein (88%), Rehydrated Free Range Egg White, Pea Fibre, Natural Caramelised Sugar, Firming Agents: Calcium Chloride, Calcium Acetate; Gluten Free Barley Malt Extract.

• Like 1

At this point, I should really allude to the work of Sidney Aloysius Smutt, but I fear his oeuvre may be a little risque... 🤐

Edit: I've been online, and I can't find even a single frame of cartoon which (though gloriously phonetic) wouldn't contravene at least two or three standards of acceptable behaviour on here...you're on your own with this one, folks...

Edited by Muzz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/01/2023 at 15:31, Piers_Williamson said:

Who ever would consider doing a thing like that now?

image.thumb.png.538ea297015060234e10ffd0698e0916.png

I wish I had known about this when it was released.  Although I love it, Lego is extortionate enough without paying someone on ebay 5 times the price for a secondhand one with bits missing.... 

Having said that, it isn't that realistic - it does seem to be missing all of the bird poo on it.....

On 08/01/2023 at 14:00, Barking Spiders said:

Of course, everyone's assuming Bluewine's referring to Newcastle-upon-Tyne. You may all be totally misleading him because he actually means Newcastle-under-Lyme, home of Newcastle Town F.C., currently in the Northern Premier League West Division.

Don't forget Newcastle, Co Down, nestling in the foothills of the Mourne Mountains...

I'm from the village where Geordies got their name from. I have lived down south aswell. I got sick of the place then left and came back. Now I'm bored of it again. It's nice enough but I do find it a bit cheesy and very provincial I can't stand Ant and Dec or Sam Fender either. The women are lovely until they open their mouths and you realise this Scandinavian looking godess sounds like a fish wife. It's a lot safer than London or Manchester though.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, YouMa said:

I'm from the village where Geordies got their name from. I have lived down south aswell. I got sick of the place then left and came back. Now I'm bored of it again. It's nice enough but I do find it a bit cheesy and very provincial I can't stand Ant and Dec or Sam Fender either. The women are lovely until they open their mouths and you realise this Scandinavian looking godess sounds like a fish wife. It's a lot safer than London or Manchester though.

You’re literally the only person I know of who hails from Geordie.