Why become a member? ×

This may be my favourite one yet from you know who

ead

I know it's all been said before but just what the hell goes on inside his head? The bridge, the nut, the trademark 'ballbag' tuners!?! 

Then the trussrod adjustment, "I fooked it up one way, then I fooked it up the other way, now it's averagely fooked somewhere in between but I might have another go before it sells". No, please don't. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Wasn't this posted before? I'm pretty sure this is a "seen once, never forgotten " instrument. 

Apologies if so.  I looked at quite a few topics but didn't see it.

This, and the rest of his work, are masterpieces! The wonky tuners are just perfection, I am always thinking to myself, I wish my Jazz bass had wonky tuning pegs that looked more like testicles! The nut that has been filed with the same tool for each string is simply genius, now I can put my E string in place of the G with no issues. The headstock is so cleverly designed that it can't hang on the wall reducing the strain on the neck which from his description has been given the perfect set up! The bridge hanging off the back of the body and held in place with 2 screws must help reduce the sustain of the instrument which is brilliant because I love it when my notes die off really quickly. The 2 screw system must be fantastic for bending notes as well, a bit like a tremolo, just grab the back of the bridge and bend away! Talking of bends, those scallops on the frets are a great way to make sure you are pressing the string down straight, great for a beginner to learn on! The reduction in weight from the missing knob is vital in this case, nobody wants a heavy bass! Judging by his workmanship elsewhere, I for one am excited to see the work he has done on the electronics to join all the earths differently! Finally, the addition of the black dots are great for making the frets more visible in dark venues, great addition.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

Regardless of any comment on the fella building these things (I’m a bit weird too!), but that bridge is never going to hold up, is it?

2 wood screws. That's gonna hurt when it detaches at warp speed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/11/2022 at 18:08, PaulThePlug said:

I was already think 'what now' as i hit the link...

Unfortunately i actually like the original body shape... any idea what it was, what the thing should be?

I found it last time it was flagged on here, it's a Tiger branded bass sold on Amazon, they were a bit over £100 new with an amp:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-Electric-Bass-Guitar-Pack/dp/B009K68FZM

I quite like it as it's a bit Warwick Fortessy, shame he's knackered it like. The original thread had links to the auctions where he bought the body and original neck IIRC.

Edited by lemmywinks
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

I found it last time it was flagged on here, it's a Tiger branded bass sold on Amazon, they were a bit over £100 new with an amp:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-Electric-Bass-Guitar-Pack/dp/B009K68FZM

I quite like it as it's a bit Warwick Fortessy, shame he's knackered it like. The original thread had links to the auctions where he bought the body and original neck IIRC.

So the original is a little over half the price, looks better and has the advantage of being made by robots? Seems like he's ruined at least one perfectly good bass to make that monstrosity.

• Like 1