Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig of choice for the weekend ** Basschat edition**

bassace97

Muscle injury has forced me to downsize amp and cabs. This is the rig for Saturday's gig - first time live for the TE cab but it sounded good in rehearsal. We've played there before and the space for the rhythm section is limited, hence the headless.

As you can see the TE cab has already sprouted some leaves and I'm hoping for a nice crop of 1" tweeters in the new year. 😀

DSC05452.thumb.JPG.7edb345b19d448c43ae04273d91571a1.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

This is really cheeky because it's not my rig, yet..........

I had the same cab with a 400+ about 10 years back. I do about two gigs per year on electric, but if you're gonna gig electric, bring out the big guns I say :)

image.png.07f7be44153b841987d6981fc5bb6f63.png

Had the same rig and I concur 

• Like 1

Haven’t gigged at all during August and enjoyed the time off. Starting back next weekend with my usual rig -  a Markbass LM3, 102P Traveller and STD102HF cabs (both 8ohms) but a couple of basses (sometimes swap the P for my Mustang). 

Its a good enough sounding rig for what I use, and modular enough to fit in a Ford Fiesta. 

updated: forgot to include pic!

88C53F42-F598-42BA-91BE-FC3E091AB84F.png

Edited by bassbiscuits
  • Like 4

On 29/08/2022 at 13:56, bassbiscuits said:

Haven’t gigged at all during August and enjoyed the time off. Starting back next weekend with my usual rig -  a Markbass LM3, 102P Traveller and STD102HF cabs (both 8ohms) but a couple of basses (sometimes swap the P for my Mustang). 

Its a good enough sounding rig for what I use, and modular enough to fit in a Ford Fiesta. 

updated: forgot to include pic!

88C53F42-F598-42BA-91BE-FC3E091AB84F.png

I have to take the Little Mark out of it bag when I gig.   Although the bass drowns it out, my OCD can’t deal with that zip rattling. 

• Haha 1

I’ve been in Covid isolation , but expect to be back in the saddle this weekend . Regular gig in my favourite dive , not a loud band but not in the PA so I need to fill the room .

I’ll probably run the Forte with a single HDN112 .

C7F3D2AB-15F8-4073-9F50-CA9CFFB0D338.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Stack it up the tall way with all the drivers in a single column and be prepared for a nice surprise.

Aha now I tried that (I’ve also got a second STD102HF to stack them together). I couldn’t decide if it was any better tho!

I prefer mixing the Traveller cab (raucous and punchy) with the standard cab (smoother and more mellow) as the combination of sounds works well for me. 

• Like 1

On 30/08/2022 at 23:26, msb said:

I’ve been in Covid isolation , but expect to be back in the saddle this weekend . Regular gig in my favourite dive , not a loud band but not in the PA so I need to fill the room .

I’ll probably run the Forte with a single HDN112 .

C7F3D2AB-15F8-4073-9F50-CA9CFFB0D338.jpeg

How do you find the bergantino gear? Would quite like to try some one day.

Here's mine from last night's Hurtsfall gig:

10567758_800.jpg

Line 6 Helix straight into the PA via an EMO passive DI box. No amps on stage made for a much more balanced band sound and no problems with drowning out the vocals. My RCF cab is now reserved solely for rehearsals with In Isolation, and large stages with minimalist foldback.

• Like 3

Here's mine from last night's festival gig. 96 Precision Lyte into a Sansamp (for DI purposes only!), then GK1001RB into a GK Neo410 cab.

Gigs like this make me realise why I use a set up with headroom - ran it quite loud last night

and really enjoyed the onstage sound.

(Just realised that's our violinist's knee behind my cab!)

IMG_2279.JPG

Edited by casapete
  • Like 2

Now that the weekend’s over it’s back to the practice rig . I have two , this little GK MB200 and a PhilJones C2 is a wonderful low volume solution. The MB 200 recently sported the “pink ring of doom” and was fixed by an authorized repair tech. Well worth the repair!

CDD34151-B510-4960-9274-2412EA699E86.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...