Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig of choice for the weekend ** Basschat edition**

bassace97

After looking through the talkbass thread of a similar name I thought it would be cool to start one for us basschatters!

I'll go first, here is my SVT Classic and 410HLF (and an assortment of pedals). Hoping to do a garden party this weekend with it (weather permitting).

IMG_3727.jpg

• Like 13

The Musicmaster is a great bass to play and it sounds as good as anything I've heard (a bit subjective, I know). I've made a couple of essential (and reversable) upgrades - the pickup is a Curtis Novak, and locking compensated saddles - otherwise pure Californian '71.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bassace97 said:

Amazing setup, just had mine cranking through a pair of Aguilar Sl112s. bet it sounds killer through 2 of the matching 15s! What else is in the rack?

From top to bottom it's:

Furman power conditioner

Korg tuner

DBX stereo graphic

TT-800 main

TT-800 spare

The graphic was included because the Bass 400 amps had a graphic eq on them, so I thought to include one (each channel is in the fx loop of an amp) - it's not been used yet.

In the back of the rack is a Mike Hill splitter/isolator, so the input is on the tuner, from there to the Mike Hill unit and from there to each of the TT-800s.

• Like 1

Love this thread here too!

My main gigging rig these days.

Custom stereo Jazz bass wired stereo.

Two GK MB-200 heads.

Roland GP-8  effects unit for the bridge PU only. A Roland FC-100/EV-5,  foot controller(not in pic).

One MarkBass 102, 8 Ohm cab on the top,  one MarkBass 102, 4 Ohm cab on the bottom(neck PU).

For a total of about 350 Watts.

I love it.

A876E5D0-21E3-402F-AFAB-D9E68C6BEC88.jpeg

Edited by stereoplayer
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, bassace97 said:

What pedals are you using? Really want to try an Ampeg 610, meant to be less boomy than the 410.

My board is Line6 G50 into mini tuner, then TCPlethora x3, SansAmp v2, and finally micro thumpinator before the amp. I still find the Ampeg gear very ‘dark’ sounding compared to my favourite SWR Goliath 4x10.

Our next gigs aren't until late October, but this Saturday we're shooting some clips for a promo / showreel video in our / the drummer's rehearsal studio. We've had a couple of practices this week to polish the nine snippets of tunes we're doing - all sounding really good this afto, fingers crossed it'll be the same at the weekend. And yes, we are going to tidy up / hide the wiring a bit...

promo rig.jpg

• Like 2