Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig of choice for the weekend ** Basschat edition**

bassace97

12 hours ago, BassmanPaul said:

Try walking out into the room and listening.  A vertical 4x10 is how I stack my amplifier too. :)

Most of the time with that rig I’m going thru a big front of house PA anyway so the onstage sound for me is what matters rather than how it sounds in the next room. I might give it a try tho. As the two cabs aren’t the same size it would make for a pretty weird looking vertical stack! 

Quiet weekend , aside from a hurricane hitting the coast Saturday, so if things are open Sunday I have the gig in the local blues dive. I’ll bring the Forte and a 112. Small light , sounds great.

Bought a toy recently , a Darkglass Exponent, it’s replaced the GK MB200 on the Phil Jones cab for the time being. I’m maybe knee deep into the software , I’m really enjoying the discovery. There’s a steep learning curve on this.

E8FDC6A8-7F27-4474-9EFA-BFEFA88CAEA4.jpeg

• Like 2

On 26/08/2022 at 09:03, Franticsmurf said:

Muscle injury has forced me to downsize amp and cabs. This is the rig for Saturday's gig - first time live for the TE cab but it sounded good in rehearsal. We've played there before and the space for the rhythm section is limited, hence the headless.

As you can see the TE cab has already sprouted some leaves and I'm hoping for a nice crop of 1" tweeters in the new year. 😀

DSC05452.thumb.JPG.7edb345b19d448c43ae04273d91571a1.JPG

I saw a band last week where the bassist was using one of the TE Combos with that exact Warwick cab. Was more than loud enough but lacked bit of low end. Not half bad though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

I saw a band last week where the bassist was using one of the TE Combos with that exact Warwick cab. Was more than loud enough but lacked bit of low end. Not half bad though.

Yes, the Warwick cab on its own isn't enough without FOH support. I find the combination of TE and Warwick cabs just right for the sound I'm after. I have an outdoor gig tonight with FOH support and I'm using this set up:

IMG_20220922_192509000.thumb.jpg.607b8f3980cee912244f17b8a5116343.jpg

The drummer and I are getting a nice monitor volume from this and there's enough play in the volume knob (here it's at 10 o'clock) to account for being outside.

IMG_20220922_192516384.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merton said:

Ooh I didn’t realise you’d got a new ABM V! Now I understand why the IV is up for sale 😅

Is there a marked (sonic) difference between them?

I'm just finding out. Couple of gigs tonight and tomorrow. I'll update the main thread! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of my interests coming into this forum was to check out cabs and amps that seem pretty common in Europe and the UK but that are fairly rare over here. 
Barefaced cabs are one of those companies. I hear great things about them but you rarely see them over here. Ashdown was rare around here but have recently been making an appearance in L&M. Eich and Vanderkley are two more we never see. Heck, we don’t even have anybody around here carrying Darkglass.

edit we used to see tons of Ampeg and Sunn , then GK was everywhere. Then came a Eden , Trace , SWR period and then Markbass was everywhere, today it seems to be Mesa. 

Edited by msb

The fan in my MB200 stopped working and that led to the end of the ICE power module. I looked around at other amps and decided the MB was worth saving. I did find a qualified repair guy , and it’s been running like it’s old self once more.

I love that little amp , but it’s been sidelined since I picked up a Darkglass Exponent.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, msb said:

The fan in my MB200 stopped working and that led to the end of the ICE power module. I looked around at other amps and decided the MB was worth saving. I did find a qualified repair guy , and it’s been running like it’s old self once more.

I love that little amp , but it’s been sidelined since I picked up a Darkglass Exponent.

I love mine as well…I have three of them…

Gigged the GK 700rb2 for the last 10 years without any issue. I do have a GK RBX 410 cab but 3 of the cones got damp and now sound horrible so need replacing. Bought the Ashdown cab "temporarily" but not gonna lie, quite like how much less it weighs! Built in rack tuner and compressor, compressor mainly for the Jazz bass (backup) as the 5 string ibanez has a really balanced output from the Bartolini preamp!

IMG_20220910_203441.jpg

• Like 2

On 05/09/2022 at 12:35, casapete said:

Here's mine from last night's festival gig. 96 Precision Lyte into a Sansamp (for DI purposes only!), then GK1001RB into a GK Neo410 cab.

Gigs like this make me realise why I use a set up with headroom - ran it quite loud last night

and really enjoyed the onstage sound.

(Just realised that's our violinist's knee behind my cab!)

IMG_2279.JPG

How heavy is the Neo cab? I have an RBX410 that needs replacement drivers (got damp and are now farting). I've been putting it off for years because of the weight, its nearly 10 kg heavier than the Ashdown 410 i'm using as the temporary replacement!

• Like 1

Last night's half sized rig. Experimenting with fully electronic drums and eventually convinced the band we should put a smidge of bass through the PA so only took the one cab. Still very loud though! ABM600 into an ABM Pro Neo 15". Lovely sound with a fretless and a touch of valve drive.

IMG20220930200521.jpg

• Like 3

On 30/09/2022 at 11:15, Tim2291 said:

How heavy is the Neo cab? I have an RBX410 that needs replacement drivers (got damp and are now farting). I've been putting it off for years because of the weight, its nearly 10 kg heavier than the Ashdown 410 i'm using as the temporary replacement!

I think it’s around 64lbs IIRC. I can manage it okay, but to be fair this usually involves just

lifting it out of it’s flight case. 😆 There are lighter 4x10’s - the Barefaced and Aguilar SL

models are both around 49lbs but are significantly more dosh.

I’ve had the GK for a few years and it’s never missed a beat, same as my GK amps. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, casapete said:

I think it’s around 64lbs IIRC. I can manage it okay, but to be fair this usually involves just

lifting it out of it’s flight case. 😆 There are lighter 4x10’s - the Barefaced and Aguilar SL

models are both around 49lbs but are significantly more dosh.

I’ve had the GK for a few years and it’s never missed a beat, same as my GK amps. 

Tbf, that's still 40lbs lighter than the rbx cab! About the same as what I'm using now! Thank you Ill keep an eye out for a second hand one! Be nice to be able to use the bi amp in the head again! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stewblack said:

What a gorgeous, and compact, rig. My envy levels are in the red 

Cheers @stewblack :) Nothing to be envious of, you have a mighty collection of cool stuff 😎

I have a second Two10 which is awaiting the matching grille and then I’m contemplating a ridiculous set up of one clean rig (Glockenklang Blue Rock plus one Two10) and one effected (what you see above).

Number of gigs I’d need this? Probably zero.

Number of gigs I’d use it on anyway? More than that 🤣

Edited by Merton

33 minutes ago, Merton said:

Cheers @stewblack :) Nothing to be envious of, you have a mighty collection of cool stuff 😎

I have a second Two10 which is awaiting the matching grille and then I’m contemplating a ridiculous set up of one clean rig (Glockenklang Blue Rock plus one Two10) and one effected (what you see above).

Number of gigs I’d need this? Probably zero.

Number of gigs I’d use it on anyway? More than that 🤣

A bassist after my own heart 

• Like 1