Why become a member? ×

Stickers on Basses? - Show Them!

Baloney Balderdash

My Harley Benton GuitarBass, a genuinely great instrument and take on the Fender Bass VI concept:

A-A-Artist-10999-Harley-Benton-Guitar-Ba

- Jack Skellington (character from Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas" animated movie) skull sticker on the lower part of the body to the right of the controls

- Green and red electrical tape (also known as insulating tape) cut to size and shape and stuck onto the top of respectively the Volume and Tone knob

- Strip of red electrical tape with "Noodle VI" typed on it with a permanent marker stuck over the "Harley Benton" logo on the headstock (I do this with almost all brand names, regardless of price, cover them that is)

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Used to have this ATK300L with an Ibanez sticker on the front and a very tiny pentagram sticker on the tip of the headstock. Incidentally, the sticker worked best on a lefty:

58481_101385536592742_6843226_n.jpg.246a8fb2752a6ddfa4ab0e72a47d716d.jpg

One of those basses I wish I had kept. I still have the ATK305, but that 4-string sounded so much better! Warmer, fatter. I had too many 4-strings while almost exclusively playing 5-strings, so I decided it had to go - I had another ATK300 too that didn't sound anywhere as good as the one is this pic.

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My first guitar and first bass were both heavily stickered. Went through a lengthy process of destickering my guitar and gave away my first bass but couldn't resist sticking one on my first proper bass. Thought I would take it off eventually.or it would get worn away. That was about 18 years ago so I guess it's staying. Recently accompanied with a new scratch plate. Can't find any other photos apart from this one when I installed the scratchplate and converted it back to a true jazz (it has been in a pj configuration for almost all of its life).

IMG-20220402-WA0018.jpeg

Edited by Bassmidget209
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Time to bump this thread, and doing so by showing off my Ibanez GSRM20 neck + GSRM20B body Mikro Bass (which can also be seen standing in a corner to the right of the OP photo), also with a Jack Skellington skull sticker, as well as some red and green electrical tape, but also some of the tiny "The Scream" inspired stickers that came with a Sherman Filterbank 2 I once owned, but which I unfortunately was stupid enough to sell at some point, applied to the headstock. 

image.thumb.png.509c1fd5c8f44f4bc1e023957e5702a0.png

• 4 months later...

My Aria Pro II Laser Electric Classic, my first bass ever, which partially can just be spotted in the corner of the manipulated photo of my Harley Benton GuitarBass of the OP, with colored metallic star stickers and a stripe of faded once neon green tape that I ironically applied long ago when I was young and stupid.

Though I do actually think it does have a certain charm to it.

But ideally I really ought to strip the finish off and paint the bass matte black instead, never been a fan of white finishes for basses and guitars and have no idea why I chose to buy it back then regardless (used around the mid 90's, the bass it self from the 1986 production, which makes it one of the last models made on the legendary Matsumoku factory in Japan, before Aria moved the production to Korea), it is a pretty amazing bass though, both plays and sound really great.

Here it is:

image.thumb.png.a690235a9adb6725827b8d15d3b5ec6e.png

• 3 months later...
On 20/11/2022 at 15:21, Piers_Williamson said:

If bitsa bass count...these are quite famous stickers (Paul Simonon's London Calling 78 Precision)

1283551219_PaulSimononLondonCallingPrecisionbody.thumb.jpg.f97feeea8a3d4f01e71b29938d7c97ab.jpg 

Missed this the first time round, but surely one like this could be Fender's most lucrative reissue yet

FullFront2.thumb.jpg.88d83cfed09c518f23bfe87b62c51302.jpgRear2.thumb.jpg.429c0530f355d782acacb9f33fdafe8c.jpg

Cool, another excuse to post these photos of Angelbane!

I have some cool stickers waiting for the right bass or guitar to come along. But I don’t like the idea of wasting a cool sticker on a naff bass, or covering a cool bass with any stickers at all, so they’ll probably be waiting for a good, long while. With the exception of Angelbane up there, of course, but those stickers were designed specifically for that bass.

My totally uninspiring Encore P-bass in incredibly tedious sunburst finish with not very complimentary nasty faux tort scratch plate that I decided would maybe look better with some fab and groovy flower stickers attached. I thought it would maybe encourage me to pick it up and play it... it doesn't and it didn't...I hate it and probably couldn't give it away.

20230916_150220.jpg