Why become a member? ×

Long or Short ? Sleeved !

Guest BassAdder27

It depends on the type of music really. When it was rock, I'd be in black jeans and a black lacy top with various bits of silver jewellery. In cold and draughty venues I'd add an ankle length black cardigan with ostrich feather trim.

If more pop  and lighter music was on the set list, I'd wear similar but without so many skulls 🙂

Country requires a long checked shirt, black cowboy hat and a shoe string tie.

Now I'm playing more sophisticated stuff, which is even a bit jazzy. So I've started to wear dresses - always black or red. Sunglasses go well with this look, although if it's too dark you can't read the set list 🙂

Always wear long sleeves and low heels! 

Edited by Seashell2
Edited to add - and leather trousers always go down well. Ooh matron!
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seashell2 said:

It depends on the type of music really. When it was rock, I'd be in black jeans and a black lacy top with various bits of silver jewellery. In cold and draughty venues I'd add an ankle length black cardigan with ostrich feather trim.

If more pop  and lighter music was on the set list, I'd wear similar but without so many skulls 🙂

Country requires a long checked shirt, black cowboy hat and a shoe string tie.

Now I'm playing more sophisticated stuff, which is even a bit jazzy. So I've started to wear dresses - always black or red. Sunglasses go well with this look, although if it's too dark you can't read the set list 🙂

Always wear long sleeves and low heels! 

Ah! I knew I'd been doing it wrong all along!

I'm always minded to think of the following quote by Lemmy:

"If you're going to be a f*****g rock star go be one. People don't want to see the guy next door on stage; they want to see a being from another planet. You want to see somebody you'd never meet in ordinary life."

While anyone who's ever met me will confirm I don't scream of "rockstar" I do try and make a bit of an effort rather than looking like I'm just nipping in to town to buy some baked potatoes. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Rich said:

I don't like playing in unrolled long sleeves.

Neither do I. The Elvis tribute I used to play in had short-sleeve uniform shirts however usually it's a loud shirt with the sleeves rolled up to 3/4 length over a plain T-shirt or black shirt and loosely knotted white tie, both with black moleskin jeans. 

My 1st function gig was a xmas party with a medieval banquet theme (they even had a court jester)...our singer said "I've hired us costumes"

He arrived with three 3 musketeers costumes! The only member who turned up correctly attired was our drummer (it was his work do).

The wig and tights were really, really, f ing annoying whilst playing.

I prefer short sleeved shirts or a polo top 😁

8 minutes ago, goingdownslow said:

I can go with rolled up shirt sleeves but rolled up coat/jacket sleeves...why?  Take your coat off if it is too warm.

Has anyone actually done that since the 80s? 

If they have, STOP IT NOW!