Jump to content
Stub Mandrel

Basschat T-Shirt?

Recommended Posts

Does the world need a Basschat T-shirt?

eBay/Amazon are full of smug t-shirts, but we need something a bit more obscure...

And if so, what should it say on it?

"Drums stop ... Bass Solo"

"Have YOU seen my Jama?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We used to have some Polo shirts and we did a limited run of T shirts too - however the place that did the embroidery and drop shipping went bust. I looked for another company that could make and ship for a reasonable cost but never found anywhere. Add to that the fact that some went missing which I had to chase, people didn't always like the fit, people preferred a different logo etc etc... all quite a mission at the end of the day. There was zero profit, too.

If you've got a permanent marker and a plain T shirt then help yourself, you have my permission ;)

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about "Is It Good For Metal?" or "My Favourite Waste Of TIM" or "Proud To Be A Clown Whore"..?

Edited by Rich
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'....But apart from forgetting to put a truss rod in the Esquire and the intrinsic tuning stability problems caused by the Strat's trem system design, and taking into account the fundamental redesign of the pickup and significant changes to the body shape of the Precision between '51 and '57.....

Leo got it right first time'

Edited by Cato
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ped said:

We used to have some Polo shirts...

Still got mine, never been worn!  Hmmmm future classic, wonder what it'll be worth in the future.  :)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warwickhunt said:

Still got mine, never been worn!  Hmmmm future classic, wonder what it'll be worth in the future.  :)  

‘Closet’ classic! 

There were some rickenbacker designs at one stage. They’ll be where the big money lies! 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rich said:

How about "Is It Good For Metal?" or "A Marvellous Waste Of TIM" or "Proud To Be A Clown Whore"..?

Put me down for a Clown Whore please 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have a basschat T shirt if one ever was made.  I've even got an idea for the wording:

"Basschat.  It's like Guitarchat, but better."

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have my polo shirt and orange/grey t shirt. I also had the black/grey baseball shirt, but I wore it into the ground; I miss it.

14621FB8-3BB7-43FE-AD3B-B10D06561053.jpegThat bass has gone too.

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Put me down for a Clown Whore please 😁

Certainly.

*Ahem*

Mykes, you're a clown whore.

There y'go. :D

Edited by Rich
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

Still got mine, never been worn!  Hmmmm future classic, wonder what it'll be worth in the future.  :)  

Same for me, at least for the Tee shirt. The logo is a bit 3D looking on me now lol. 

Almost worn out my polos though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ped said:

We used to have some Polo shirts and we did a limited run of T shirts too - however the place that did the embroidery and drop shipping went bust. I looked for another company that could make and ship for a reasonable cost but never found anywhere. Add to that the fact that some went missing which I had to chase, people didn't always like the fit, people preferred a different logo etc etc... all quite a mission at the end of the day. There was zero profit, too.

If you've got a permanent marker and a plain T shirt then help yourself, you have my permission ;)

 

Ink-Clan-Nation are worth a try if you ever decide to reprise these, they do quality products at decent prices, and are friendly/easy to do business with.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Ink-Clan-Nation are worth a try if you ever decide to reprise these, they do quality products at decent prices, and are friendly/easy to do business with.

Thanks. Most places I’ve tried who are well priced don’t drop ship. I definitely don’t want the stock at my house!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ped said:

Thanks. Most places I’ve tried who are well priced don’t drop ship. I definitely don’t want the stock at my house!

Too right you don't! I've got bags of Grateful Dudes T shirts upstairs getting in the way of my basses!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wore my polo shirt to work in the office. It triggered us as a Manager group to come up with ideas for our local engineers to wear. Sadly it wore out after several years.

BC leads the way once again. 

Quite like the idea of a T shirt if its possible.

We could have a competition to design it.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Too right you don't! I've got bags of Grateful Dudes T shirts upstairs getting in the way of my basses!

Post a pic of one and price list. I might buy one cause no-one up hear will know who they are :laugh1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ezbass said:

 I also had the black/grey baseball shirt, but I wore it into the ground; I miss it.

14621FB8-3BB7-43FE-AD3B-B10D06561053.jpeg

I've still got mine! (the shirt, not the GWB).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got three Polos that I wear, two (green and blue) with bass guitars as logos, a black one with the BC logo.

I also have an unworn black one with the BC logo which I bought for our drummer which he didn't collect, still bagged and in the envelope.

One of the members here is a website designer for a T shirt company. pretty sure he could get us a deal.I'll email him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Post a pic of one and price list. I might buy one cause no-one up hear will know who they are :laugh1:

Here you go, Dave, £15.00 each and a couple quid for the post. 

 

DSC_4364.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Here you go, Dave, £15.00 each and a couple quid for the post. 

 

DSC_4364.jpeg

Like! Got any 62" chest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've got small, medium, large, extra large and xx large - all standard sizes. I could run a tape measure over them in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...