Why become a member? ×

GAS Hits of 09?

EBS_freak

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='371309' date='Jan 5 2009, 08:54 PM']Apart from being a ""Status Whore", I also have GAS for the diving girl in EBS_freak's avatar. Or is that something else?? B)[/quote]

There I was casually scrolling through this thread, cos I thought I'd been here before. Now I've been released. Ooo, my guilty secret is out. Make that avatar bigger or maybe a special forum devoted to the appreciation of "EBS_Freaks's avatar".
What bass? Who cares! Insert Rolling Stones "tongue" emoticon.

Oh, all right then. I'm poor, so gas has stopped at the new Ibanez SRX360. If the £ keeps rising aginst the dollar, the price should fall in time for Christmas.

Balcro

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='neepheid' post='564832' date='Aug 10 2009, 11:55 AM']The EB-0 came and went (in bits)

I'm now trying to sell stuff in order to get a Traben Chaos Attack 4. Will have to go stateside, there are none anywhere in the UK![/quote]

Aaaaand it's on its way... :)

Oh how I laughted when I read the OP back in early January :) i really wasn't planning on buying or selling anything at the time.

By the end of January i had sold a Ken Smith six string
and since then it reads something like this:

Bought a black Stingray 4 - sold a black Stingray 4
Bought a cherry burst Stingray 4 - sold a cherry burst Stingray 4
Bought a Ibanez GWB35 fretless 5 - sold a Ibanez GWB35 fretless 5
Bought a cherry burst pimped Lakland 5501 - sold a cherry burst pimped Lakland 5501
Bought a Stirling HH Ltd 4 - sold a Stirling HH Ltd 4
Bought a Sadowsky NYC 4 - sold a Sadowsky NYC 4
Bought a Genz Benz NEOX 212 cab - sold a Genz Benz NEOX 212 cab
Sold a Genz Benz Shuttle 6
Bought Tecamp Puma 1000 head
Bought a Tecamp M212 cab

Bought a spalted maple Alleva Coppolo Jazz 5 (that's going nowwhere)
Bought a Celinder J4 fretless

In the process of selling a Lakland Bob Glaub 4 and Spector NS5XL

That just leaves me with the following:
Alleva Coppolo Jazz
Celinder Jazz 4 fretless
Tecamp Puma 1000 head and Tecamp M212 cab

That was an unexpected orgy of buying and selling and as all of the items sold had been bought here secondhand, didn't really cost me much money to speak of.
I'm happy with what I have now - though time will tell whether I stick with the fretless. It's been a fun six months, though I'm bored now with the buying and selling process and don't expect to ever own more than two basses again

Bought an Ibanez SR300,and a practice amp (for now) - first bass in a long time, sold all my old gear over a decade ago.
However, there was a Squire VMJ in the store and I still quite like that one as well. Not exactly the top end of the scale but haven't got the money for more expensive gear, so I aim low. The question is however, how does one get this past the other half? The Ibanez is bright red and is the only bass I have so I couldn't exactly hide any new acquisition amongst my existing collection - of one.
Dream GAS on the other hand - a Warwick ( of some kind, always liked them), a Fender Jazz, of some incarnation, an Ampeg rig and one of those TC electronic outfits - for convenience of course.

I would really like a go at [url="http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=36200957&blogId=483813569"]THIS[/url] - hopefully the link works as it's to a MySpace blog entry, if not I'll have to try another way.

Sadly it's a bit outside my price range, and probably would have been even last year when the exchange rate was nearer $2:£1

[quote name='WalMan' post='585713' date='Aug 31 2009, 12:24 PM']I would really like a go at [url="http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=36200957&blogId=483813569"]THIS[/url] - hopefully the link works as it's to a MySpace blog entry, if not I'll have to try another way.

Sadly it's a bit outside my price range, and probably would have been even last year when the exchange rate was nearer $2:£1[/quote]
Very impressive and very pricey bit of kit Al!!

That's Spock's Beards bass player isn't it? Would certainly have some extra special kudos value to it.. :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='585718' date='Aug 31 2009, 12:38 PM']Very impressive and very pricey bit of kit Al!!

That's Spock's Beards bass player isn't it? Would certainly have some extra special kudos value to it.. :)[/quote]
Yup, that's the boy and it's not the only reason I would love to get a pop at it either Nik :rolleyes: It has always sounded just what I am after live and recorded

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='377267' date='Jan 11 2009, 10:52 PM']Can't think of a bass I want-except a Shuker JJ Burnel, which isn't happening. I'm beginning to think that I'm not going to be happy until I've got a head and cab instead of my combo. Current front runner is an Ashdown ABM 500 with some sort of 4X10, but that could change tomorrow. Haven't got a pot to piss in, so where it's coming from I have no idea. Who knows?[/quote]

Well, having reviewed this 10 months later, it turns out I got both a Shuker JJ and replaced the combo with a Genz Benz Shuttle and ABM cabs. Neither of which I believed was possible when I first posted in this thread-so take heart, ye GAS afflicted souls! Anything is possible!