Why become a member? ×

GAS Hits of 09?

EBS_freak

Well 5 days into the year and I've already taken delivery of a Laney RB9 and speaker cab so things are looking pretty good for this year (not for my wallet though). Still after a new bass so either a Squire vmj or one of the classic vibes,Ibanez Atk/Thunderbird/Traben array/Vintage V4 or AV4.......oh dear oh dear, better start doing some overtime!

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='371087' date='Jan 5 2009, 04:32 PM']I've sat down and given myself a stern talking-to about 2009. I intend to neither buy or sell a bass this year. I said the same in 2008 and failed miserably after about 4 weeks. After that, well things got obscenely crazy.....I daren't even begin to list the ins and outs. All I know is that it has cost me more money than is decent and I'm actually embarassed by my compulsive, selfish behaviour.

So, 2009 is time to grow up a bit and be grateful for what I've got.

After all the shenanigans of 2008, I'm left with the best Fender P bass I've ever played, my Shuker 5 string and a beautiful Ric 4003. All this goes through a GB Shuttle 6.0 and an Epifani UL310.

I really can't see me wanting/needing anything else to my gear. I really can't.

We'll see what happens over the year, but I hope I'm strong enough to stick to my guns this time.

Wish me luck :)[/quote]

Ummmmmmmmm - how much do you want for the Fender P? - I have bad New Year GAS

Need another Aguilar DB112(BOSS TWEED) :huh:
Will be selling my EDEN NEMESIS NC-250 COMBO :)

May let my SCHECTER DIAMOND SERIES STILETTO 5 STRING go
if I see something whacky like a charvel surfcaster/dean psycho cabby bass. :huh:
or bass with whammy like steinberger trans trem. :huh:

Don't know much about the basses on my potential wish list ,but they look loud and cool! :huh:

After sorting out my amplification and fretted 5 string needs over the last 2 years (now VERY happy in that department) this year is going to be sorting out my 5 string fretless needs and a few effects so:

5 String fretless - get a defret of my mainly redundant KSD 5 or sell and put what little cash I get back towards a fretless 5 more in keeping with the feel of my main 5 string.

SYB-5 and expression pedal - having spent at least three hours playing with this pedal (thanks to Andertons in Guildford) I love it. Not very practical in a live situation to change sounds as small tweaks of the knobs can make significant differences in sounds and tracking (bare with me for a few minutes audience, I just have to check my settings diagrams for this track and tweak it a bit) but in the price range I am concentrating on it really will suit my needs.

EBS Chorus pedal - I have a/b'd this with several other makes (boss/electro harmonix/various multi effects etc) and it wins hands down and as this will probably get used more than any other effect I am willing to pay the extra bucks and will hopefully pick one up secondhand to go gentle on the bank account. I am sure there are other pedals out there that can compete but I could not a/b them or get hold of them easily to try.

Envelope Follower - still researching options.

Korg DTR 1000 - About time considering how often I am gigging these days.

Line 6 M13 - OK this is not needed so this is severe gas rather than practical but I tried one on Saturday and despite previously not liking line 6 gear (I have tried and then sold on several pods in the past) I was seriously impressed with the quality of the effects and how user intuitive the unit was...and the looper is pretty damn good. Seriously give one a go if your in the looper marker and want to be able to mix in effects (the looper works pre or post effects) easily.

ashdown little giant 350..........will wait for reviews first i think.
ashdown classic neo cabs.......dont think i will be able to afford them.
squier classic vibe 60's pbass......see whats in the cash pot at end of this month.
all this will probably change in a few weeks time anyway!

I aim to get a looper of some description and some small/light/loud cabs so I can actually have a proper rig. The other thing I have an irrational want for is a Pod X3 live; also a second Boss VF1 just so I don't have half an empty rack space. A 5 string EUB would be nice but is prohibitively expensive right now. I could go on but I probably shouldn't...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='371309' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:54 PM']Apart from being a ""Status Whore", I also have GAS for the diving girl in EBS_freak's avatar. Or is that something else?? :)[/quote]

Status Whore - there are a lot worse things to be...!

As for the avatar - I know. Got to love that ass haven't you?

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='371775' date='Jan 6 2009, 11:32 AM']As for the avatar - I know. Got to love that ass haven't you?[/quote]

It certainly is a thing of beauty.... and belongs to Jessica Alba unless I'm much mistaken? :)

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='371135' date='Jan 5 2009, 05:14 PM']I've got to get over the latest edition also - picking it up on Saturday all being well.[/quote]
Ah, I might pop in for a nose...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='371309' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:54 PM']Apart from being a ""Status Whore", I also have GAS for the diving girl in EBS_freak's avatar. Or is that something else?? :)[/quote]
It's a ladyboy. Nice arse though.

One of Claber's cabs, one of them Tascam bass trainer jobbies & a couple of wall hangers is it for me. No more basses, amps or effects. That the wife will find out about anyway.

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='johnnylager' post='372077' date='Jan 6 2009, 03:16 PM']Ah, I might pop in for a nose...

It's a ladyboy. Nice arse though.

One of Claber's cabs, one of them Tascam bass trainer jobbies & a couple of wall hangers is it for me. No more basses, amps or effects. That the wife will find out about anyway.[/quote]

My missus is saying that the LG350 is going to be the last thing I buy this year.

I already got my Stingray on January 3rd but it was a sort of carry over from 2008 so I guess it does not count.

So for 2009, I have GAS for,

Ashdown MAG 210 speaker
OBBM leads/cables

If I get very weak, then maybe a Fender 51 re-issue precision in sunburst, A Jap Fender Precision or maybe a Fender Precision 50's re-issue but thats only to complete to perfect collection. I don't actually need one.

If during the year, I fall out of love with my Ashdown rig, then i may sell it all and buy something else but at the moment its staying.

Edited by Linus27