Why become a member? ×

Stringbusters

Anybody purchase strings through a stringbuster.co.uk? if so had problems with them?
Used them before no problem.
Ordered a set of strings on sunday, internet went down came back on and the payment had gone through twice. Checked on my stringbuster account and there is no trace of the order even though money has left my bank. emailed them twice but to no avail.

anybody been in the same boat of late?

Not had that problem but had one set of LaBella strings where the core of the E arrived damaged so the string sounded rubbish. At first they asked me to return it but after stressing i had a gig in 2 days they sent me a replacement.
Then had an E string from a set of Warwick strings break (at the bridge) whilst tuning it up for the first time, wasn't even up to the required pitch.
Then (i know...) i bought some Elites from them and the bottom 40cm of the strings were slightly rusted.

Having whinged i must say i ordered quite regularly from them, but 3 mishaps sort of put me off a bit.
The first two incidents suggest they sell below par strings, the third makes me think they'd been lying around in a damp warehouse for a few weeks proir to being shipped

Sorry to hear the feedback from bad experiences. I've dealt with them several times and been really impressed.

Last time was a couple of months ago when I knew the sound I wanted a particular bass to make. They put me through to the M/D and we chatted for 20 minutes or so while I described what I was trying to achieve. He said "I think you need X" and he was absolutely spot on.

Genuine service.

Though I suppose his bottom 40cm might have been corroded and I didn't notice. :)

[quote name='Rusty Shackleford' post='343378' date='Dec 2 2008, 08:11 PM']Anybody purchase strings through a stringbuster.co.uk? if so had problems with them?
Ordered a set of strings on sunday, internet went down came back on and the payment had gone through twice. Checked on my stringbuster account and there is no trace of the order even though money has left my bank. emailed them twice but to no avail.

anybody been in the same boat of late?[/quote]

Gotta be honest, never had a problem like that. I live in France and my stuff still gets here in two days for £2.50 P+P with no complaints at all.

THIS COULD BE IMPORTANT INFO!!

About 4 months ago I had an issue with a B-string with a bad core and e-mailed them several times with no response.

I finally rang them them and was given some funny answer about them having a problem with their e-mail.

I reckon they never check it because once they heard the problem over the phone they were uber helpful and a new string turned up the next day.

Might be the same thing?

Used them a few years ago to order a set of 6 string D'Addario Prosteels, they sent a 5 set. Rang them to complain - they sent the 6 set out the same day with an SAE to return the 5. Didn't have to wait till i'd returned the 5 so thumbs up from me.

[quote name='Rusty Shackleford' post='343788' date='Dec 3 2008, 08:43 AM']well nothing negative here, thats good. i'll just see what happens over the next couple of days and then call them.[/quote]

Wouldn't it have been a good idea just to call them straight away?

People seem to be very scared of phones nowadays.

[quote name='Rusty Shackleford' post='343378' date='Dec 2 2008, 07:11 PM']Anybody purchase strings through a stringbuster.co.uk? if so had problems with them?

Their website is sh*te... I've had several problems over the years, but their customer service has always been very good. A quick phone call sorts it.

[quote name='Rusty Shackleford' post='343378' date='Dec 2 2008, 07:11 PM']Anybody purchase strings through a stringbuster.co.uk? if so had problems with them?

I ordered a set of LaBella Deep Talkin from them last Weds and they arrived on Friday. I ordered another pair on Sunday and they arrived today, so no problems for me.

I guess it was just a glitch with your order. They're definitely still trading though.