Why become a member? ×

Live Albums - Were You There?

spongebob

I think Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous. Sure some of that was recorded at Glasgow Apollo.

Also sure some of Rush Live album was recorded at Glasgow Apollo altho can't remember which one 1st or 2nd would need to double check that.

If they were then i was there.

Was also at The Wall by Pink Floyd in Earls Court first time around. That might be on a live album or VID in those days.

Dave 

Edited by dmccombe7

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Also sure some of Rush Live album was recorded at Glasgow Apollo altho can't remember which one 1st or 2nd would need to double check that.

Dave 

That was "Exit, Stage Left" - the Glasgow Apollo crowd are the ones providing singalong accompaniment to the track "Closer To The Heart"

Edited by kevin_lindsay
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rich said:

Through a marvellous episode of serendipity, I discovered the band when I was bored at work one day and googled my name, as you do... he came up in the results. Superb band, but a shame they parted ways with Damian. I prefer his voice to Glynn's. 

One of my other google results was the real name of Mr.C from The Shamen. Not so superb :lol:

Known your namesake and Karl for years (decades, actually!). Superb band. Actually Mac was my favourite of all their vocalists and it’s so sad that he’ll never be back with the band. I’m  glad they got Glynn back when Damien left again,  his voice is so different to Damian’s but I think it has a great rock feel to it!

James Taylor Quartet, Whole lotta live 1998 Manchester Academy,

i was made up when they released the cd

seen them about 10 times, this was for me about that time the best line up, tho snowboy was not on percussion, but great gig great vibe and the place was just sparkin.

I think there's a film of the Stones' Hyde Park concert, '69, in which case I can say 'I was there', with friends. Highlight was King Crimson, and we left after a few minutes of the Stones, whilst 'Sympathy' was pumping away interminably. All those dead butterflies, too; a bit of a flop, really. :(

A few others, such as The Doors/Jefferson Airplane at the Roundhouse, but there's precious little footage of any of that (everyone was maybe too busy enjoying it all to film it ;)..?).

A triple bill at the Hammersmith Odeon was recorded, I think, with Billy Cobham, Shakti and Weather Report. I've the recordings, but don't know if it was officially released or not. High-flying stuff, though; fond memories.

On 17 August 2018 at 16:52, dmccombe7 said:

I think Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous. Sure some of that was recorded at Glasgow Apollo.

Was also at The Wall by Pink Floyd in Earls Court first time around. That might be on a live album or VID in those days.

Dave 

Yep, I was also at Earls Court for the Wall. There was a live album from those gigs..I Think it's called -  Is There Anyone Out There, I've got it somewhere......

I was also at Knwbworth for Zeppelin, one of about 250,000 people that can be seen in various bits of  video released over the years....

1979/80 a great 12 months for memorable gigs for me.