Why become a member? ×

Fake Fenders you bought and now regret selling

Happy Jack

16 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Limelight 62-ish Jazz.

Bought from someone who knew it wasn't a real Fender, sold to me who knew it wasn't a real Fender, then sold it on to someone who kew it wasn't a real Fender.

Such a trail of destruction.. so many suffering kittens and puppies. I'm going to hell.

l1.jpg

When you go to Hell can I have the Lindisfarne gig?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Limelight 62-ish Jazz.

Bought from someone who knew it wasn't a real Fender, sold to me who knew it wasn't a real Fender, then sold it on to someone who kew it wasn't a real Fender.

Such a trail of destruction.. so many suffering kittens and puppies. I'm going to hell.

l1.jpg

Wow, that's one beautiful Fender Jazz :facepalm:

I've never understood the fake logo thing.  I can understand the distressing of an instrument to create a certain look, but putting a fake logo, a fogo if you will, has always seemed inappropriate.

Much as I have an issue with this, credit to Limelight for producing basses with their own logo on them.  Much tidier.

here's a Fender copy I regret selling:

bitsajazz1.thumb.jpg.2c326ea951ed2cd347740e1d8dbf1930.jpg

This is the Basschat Bitsa Jazz, so-called because all the parts came from BC members, with the exception of the tuners. Body was a '72 Fujigen, dated from the codes on the original (dud) Maxon pickups. Can't for the life of me remember what brand it was, got the body off an (ex) member called Tino - from an Ebay sale. The neck came from Toasted (is he still here?) so long ago I think it was back in the Bassworld days. Ashamed to say I can't remember who the pickups came from - particularly considering he gave them to me for nowt!

Don't know the date of the neck or the original brand - could just about see the ghost of the original logo & thought it might be Antoria. The fact the neck was a perfect fit for the body, and the screwholes lined up near-perfectly, suggest it probably was.

Anyway, after a lot of polishing & fettling this built up into a lovely looking, sounding & playing Japanese  J copy, but since I already had a lovely looking, sounding & playing MIJ Jazz copy, I got rid. Traded it on a local FB group for a very roadworn Aria SB-Elite Black & Gold - which by any measure was a ridiculously good deal. But a couple of months later my lovingly restored vintage MIJ Jazz turned up again on the same board, battered, frets wrenched out and absolutely ruined.

Hurt, that did. :(

Edited by Billy Apple
Thread tidy

19 hours ago, Bassassin said:

here's a Fender copy I regret selling:

bitsajazz1.thumb.jpg.2c326ea951ed2cd347740e1d8dbf1930.jpg

This is the Basschat Bitsa Jazz, so-called because all the parts came from BC members, with the exception of the tuners. Body was a '72 Fujigen, dated from the codes on the original (dud) Maxon pickups. Can't for the life of me remember what brand it was, got the body off an (ex) member called Tino - from an Ebay sale. The neck came from Toasted (is he still here?) so long ago I think it was back in the Bassworld days. Ashamed to say I can't remember who the pickups came from - particularly considering he gave them to me for nowt!

Don't know the date of the neck or the original brand - could just about see the ghost of the original logo & thought it might be Antoria. The fact the neck was a perfect fit for the body, and the screwholes lined up near-perfectly, suggest it probably was.

Anyway, after a lot of polishing & fettling this built up into a lovely looking, sounding & playing Japanese  J copy, but since I already had a lovely looking, sounding & playing MIJ Jazz copy, I got rid. Traded it on a local FB group for a very roadworn Aria SB-Elite Black & Gold - which by any measure was a ridiculously good deal. But a couple of months later my lovingly restored vintage MIJ Jazz turned up again on the same board, battered, frets wrenched out and absolutely ruined.

Hurt, that did. :(

There's a moral in there for you! 

Edited by Billy Apple