Why become a member? ×

Why Do Some People On BC Seem To Have No Sense Of Humor

Thunderbird

[quote name='Steve Browning' timestamp='1503312472' post='3357037']
I'm pretty laid back myself unless some complete tool spells an English word with its US spelling. :)
[/quote]

I think that may have gone over a lot of people's heads.

Very good. 10/10. :D

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1503309204' post='3356997']
As above really there used to be some really funny people on the forum and you could always crack a joke but now some people seem so grumpy and just seem to want a row sign of the times? OK rant over lol
[/quote]

It's a long time since I've done any rowing but I do remember it as good exercise, though falling in the river could ruin your day.

I've been thinking this for a wee while too. I've only recently come back after a few years away and the vibe has definitely changed. Tend to mostly just browse now as a few recent posts/jokes have started tiresome arguments which I'm not interested in.

[quote name='Shawman' timestamp='1503345665' post='3357501']... tiresome arguments which I'm not interested in.
[/quote]

Aw,that's such a shame. Can't we tempt you with just a £5 tiff..? The £15 barney is on special offer, too, and offers really good value. I can see that the full-out £50 row could be beyond many BCer's pocket, but a little effort now and again would so help site funds. :mellow:

:lol: :P

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1503346081' post='3357507']

Aw,that's such a shame. Can't we tempt you with just a £5 tiff..? The £15 barney is on special offer, too, and offers really good value. I can see that the full-out £50 row could be beyond many BCer's pocket, but a little effort now and again would so help site funds. :mellow:

:lol: :P
[/quote]

With the right preperation I could be in the market for a barney. I'll be sure to make reservations nearer the time :)

[quote name='Shawman' timestamp='1503346804' post='3357525']

With the right preperation I could be in the market for a barney. [/quote]

Will a Tom Barney do? Because there is one just here.
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/310520-donald-fagen-nightfly/page__view__findpost__p__3356243

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1503344785' post='3357486']

Well...
Dunning got it.
Kruger got it too.
I got it, and I honestly think most people got it.
:P
[/quote]

I'm surprised more people didn't get it, it was fairly obvious.

No one said anything.

[quote name='Shawman' timestamp='1503346804' post='3357525']
With the right preperation I could be in the market for a barney. I'll be sure to make reservations nearer the time :)
[/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1503355498' post='3357616']
I'm surprised more people didn't get it, [size=5]it was fairly obvious[/size].

No one said anything.
[/quote]

I'm still saying nowt. I haven't been getting it since noticing how big someone's bum looked in swarfega filled waders. I should have kept my mouth shut [i]then[/i].

Edited by SpondonBassed

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1503355498' post='3357616']
I'm surprised more people didn't get it, it was fairly obvious.

No one said anything.
[/quote]

Lack of visible response does not necessarily equal lack of appreciation.
In this case however, Discreet had already visibly responded funnily to Steve Browning's funny remark - - and just three minutes after Steve posted it. Normally one doesn't indulge in everyone smiling at the same joke. BC would become impossible to read if we did.

Then there's the dynamics (and timing!) of threads and what grabs our attention:
Steve writes something funny. Everyone except Spoombung smiles and then reads on whilst being open to the possibility of posting appreciatingly.

Discreet this time is Baking Pancakes of the Third Kind, and not reading BC. Somebody posts something that "requires" a response, and one indulges in writing that response instead of acknowledging Steve's funniness. Simples.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm pretty laid back myself unless some complete tool writes "more people didn't" instead of "not more people did". [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] :D[/font][/color]