Why become a member? ×

Adjectives for bass.

arthurhenry

Have you noticed how writers seem to struggle with adjectives and superlatives for bass players. I've often read the likes of "The screaming vocals of Robert Plant, the pounding, foundation laying drums of John Bonham, the face melting guitar of Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones on bass."
What suggestions do you have?

Rock solid and muscular? Lithe and propulsive? Relaxed and infectious? Dark and powerful? Deep and throbbing? Spacious and gnomic? Driving and relentless? Quick and quizzical? Warm and expressive? Depends which bass player you're talking about...

[quote name='HengistPod' timestamp='1486135805' post='3229529']
+1 for trouser-flapping. It was how I always described my sound when I had a 2x15 sitting horizontally on the floor with a Trace 4x10 on top of it. There's nothing like moving air. :)
[/quote]

That adjective is used for something else in my house

[quote name='JoeEvans' timestamp='1485686521' post='3225749']
Rock solid and muscular? Lithe and propulsive? Relaxed and infectious? Dark and powerful? Deep and throbbing? Spacious and gnomic? Driving and relentless? Quick and quizzical? Warm and expressive? Depends which bass player you're talking about...
[/quote]

Gnomic? GNOMIC?? What the spong does that even mean?? :blink: :lol:

I mean..a gnome playing bass, does he run up and the the fretboard or what?

Edited by Oopsdabassist

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Gnomic:[/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]1. Expressed [color=#2A2A2A]in or of the nature of short, pithy maxims or aphorisms[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#2A2A2A]2. [/color][color=#2A2A2A]Difficult to understand because enigmatic or ambiguous[/color][/size][/font]