Why become a member? ×

Who is the preferred shipping/courier company and why?

Mike

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1475857398' post='3149321']
Didnt i read on here somehwre that Parcel Farce dont insure musical instruments ?
[/quote]

Yes, musical instruments are listed in their exclusions. Happy to take the extra insurnce premiums, just won`t pay out as it`s up to the customer to make sure that what they are sending is covered and not listed as an excluded item.

I always use UPS via Interparcel, it`s been good so far.

When I worked at a couriers a few years ago UPS was always the best service, for both international and domestic. They were also quite easy to settle insurance with if something got damaged - which was rare actually. I'd avoid TNT. FedEx were fine also. Never used DPD, but think they'd be better than ParcelForce in the UK at least.

I prefer to use Parcelforce - my local driver went to school with my elder brother so I've never had any issues. On one occasion he tracked down a parcel for me that was a few days late. I always use Interparcel too..

I encourage sellers I trade with NOT to use MyHermes - according to them my address doesn't exist.

UPS or DPD via Interparcel.
Only ever had 1 issue and Interparcel paid out pretty quickly. No arguments or trying to wriggle out of it.
Have sent tons of stuff, not just instruments, and always been a quick and efficient service.
Would never touch Parcelforce as they destroyed a couple of packages sent to me by other people.

HI all,

I'm trying to arrange collection for a bass in a hiscox case. It will be bubble wrapped also.

1, Which way do you measure it? Is the thickness the height or width?
2, The dimensions are

L -1175mm
W - 349mm
H - 65mm

65mm seems very small???

Any help would be fantastic

Thanks

[quote name='Garth' timestamp='1476786395' post='3157163']
HI all,

I'm trying to arrange collection for a bass in a hiscox case. It will be bubble wrapped also.

2, The dimensions are

L -1175mm
W - 349mm
H - 65mm

65mm seems very small???

Thanks
[/quote]

https://www.interparcel.com

Pop all the dimensions and weight in here.

I think you've got width and height round the wrong way but I don't know if it matters.

HI all,

2, The dimensions are

L -1175mm
W - 349mm
H - 65mm

65mm seems very small???

Thanks
[/quote]

HI all,

2, The dimensions are

L -1175mm
W - 349mm
H - 65mm

65mm seems very small???

Thanks
[/quote]

It looks as though you've got those dimensions off the Hiscox site. The 65mm measurement is the maximum depth of the instrument that will fit inside the case.

The dimensions you want are: Length 1175mm, Width 410mm, Depth 135mm. That is the rectangular space the case will occupy.

Remember that if you do not box the case, the carrier company will treat it as packaging and you will not be able the claim for any damage caused to the case itself. The case should always be boxed up for maximum protection.