Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='harvey1-8' timestamp='1329994857' post='1550905']
xgsjx is right, George L's. Although I'm considering swapping to these:

[/quote]

I use these sometimes, but I've been advised against them on a certain US forum.

[quote]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]the fact that those don't flex means when your foot moves the pedal, the jack is what has to flex--so the jacks will quickly get ruined.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

I'm working towards a proper pedalboard using 'pancake' jacks ... they seem to be the lowest profile thing you can get.

[quote name='harvey1-8' timestamp='1329947750' post='1550341']
The increasingly limited floor space I have at gigs has forced me to scaled down from a Pedaltrain Mini to a Nano. Now all I have is the bare essentials to play the songs in our set-list.

[/quote]

A fellow nano brother! Nice little board that. The Analogman is just the BEST chorus, isn't it?

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1330016422' post='1551515']
Updated pics... Couple of small tweaks...

Aguilar Octamizer now providing my sub tone. Polytune Mini added as well.
[/quote]

Looking good Shep - Glad the Octamizer is working well for you. I love mine! But man, just LOOKING at your board makes my back ache :P

I decided that if I'm going to use multiple PT Nanos, it would be best to make some digital mockups of the proposed boards using accurate to scale images to make sure everything fits. So I spent the last couple of nights taking measurements of my pedals and creating them from scratch in Photoshop - Dimensions-wise everything is 100% to scale, although some of the labels on the pedals are out of place, and incorrect fonts used etc.
[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Higgie123/Bass%20Stuff/Pedal%20Templates/Nano-1.jpg[/IMG]
Here's the result of my first attempt - My Bare Essentials board. And [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/289-post-your-pedal-board-basschat-style/page__view__findpost__p__1500441"]Here[/url] is the real thing!

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1330084067' post='1552403']
Thanks man :) Took me the best part of 2 nights to finish that!
[/quote]

Aye, properly nice photoshopping there.

Almost reluctant to tell you, there is a site that does that for you - lets you place pedals on a virtual pedalboard to see what will fit. The collection of pedals is growing all the time, but they don't have everything. For the pedals they don't have they let you use markers to gauge the size anyway.

Maybe you already knew about this tool, and just wanted your EXACT pedals, but since it took you so long I thought I'd mention it for future reference just in case you weren't aware of it.

Firstly, thanks very much! I'm no Photoshop guru, I just find ways to do what I want! :)

Yes I'm aware of the site! Last time I went on there the pedal selection wasn't very good, and while it's a cool idea, it was useless to me for the actual pedals I use. So I decided to create my own ones from scratch - I was bored, so it killed a few hours, and ended up being somewhat productive anyway. So now all that's left is to plan out my other couple of boards, makes those pedals, and arrange them all to fit. Good times! :)

It cuts ultra-low frequencies in order to prevent speakers working to reproduce frequencies that can't be heard. This way, the speakers are more efficient at reproducing the frequencies that can be heard and users report a tighter more focussed sound from their cabs.
You should check out the SFX site; there's videos and sh*t on there.

Truckstop

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1330128043' post='1553283']
It cuts ultra-low frequencies in order to prevent speakers working to reproduce frequencies that can't be heard. This way, the speakers are more efficient at reproducing the frequencies that can be heard and users report a tighter more focussed sound from their cabs.
You should check out the SFX site; there's videos and sh*t on there.

Truckstop
[/quote]
Ah, sounds interesting. :D

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1329812424' post='1547604']
Nice selection, very neat. How are you finding your mxr compressor? I love my multicomp but if i was going to swap for anything else, that could tempt me.
[/quote]

Thanks. The MXR is really good although (to my ears) the EBS I used to have added more of its own character to your sound... was quite nice for fattening up the signal. That said, the transparency of the MXR is a different flavour, and it's more versatile. Looking back, seeing as I don't use compression a great deal, I probably would've been fine with the EBS. I definitely prefer the MXR.

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1329885215' post='1549096']
VERY Nice board. I would love to gig with that!
[/quote]

Cheers Higgie :)

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1329985336' post='1550684']
I believe they're [url="http://www.georgelsstore.com/"]these[/url], as is on the board above it but with caps.
[/quote]

Bingo.

[quote name='BigBassBob' timestamp='1330332678' post='1555651'] Thanks. The MXR is really good although (to my ears) the EBS I used to have added more of its own character to your sound... was quite nice for fattening up the signal. That said, the transparency of the MXR is a different flavour, and it's more versatile. Looking back, seeing as I don't use compression a great deal, I probably would've been fine with the EBS. I definitely prefer the MXR. Cheers Higgie :) Bingo. [/quote]

I agree, it doesn't add any colour, very transparent, and very versatile. The one thing that annoys me slightly is that the ratio knob isn't continuous, meaning I'd like to be able to dial a ratio between 4 and 8 and I can't. Since 8 feels too much, I have to stick with 4, although 5 or 6 would probably feel ideal for me. That said, with the other 4 knobs you can compensate for that and achieve a sound that's just as good. The Input knob in itself is invaluable and I wouldn't swap this for the EBS for that reason alone, as it allows you to set the compression threshold very precisely to suit your instrument and playing dynamic.

Ah yeah,

I forgot to mention about the adjustable threshold - makes it far easier to dial in just the right amount of compression when swapping between instruments. That was indeed something that bugged me with the EBS; active mode makes the threshold too high for most of my instruments, passive mode sets the threshold too low for a few. I know you can adjust it with an internal trimpot but it would've been nice to have control on the pedal itself =\

Just rejigged my board, took off my Boss Slicer and added a couple of others.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/pedalboardz.jpg/][IMG]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7901/pedalboardz.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Chain is:

Boss TU-2
Boss OC-2
Boss ME-50B
Copilot FX Orbit
Source Audio Envelope Filter w/Hot-hand
Boss GE-7B
Boss LM-2

Cabling needs to be better/tidied up, but it's giggable :)

Si

Here's what I was briefly messing around this weekend:

Hopefully getting a TAFM in soon, still desperately searching for an IE Oxide and a nice chorus pedal aswell. Will all be transferred with an EP-2 for the Xero onto a PT-2 over easter - which will also be when I assault the classifieds with a great long list of gear to sell!