Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Never really '[i]got[/i]' delay with bass tbh... Maybe I'm missing something.

Not used the OSD in anger yet, Gaz - been busy today oiling, changing the strings, and doing a set up on my Ibby. Will hopefully get a chance to shake the house with it tomorrow :)

[color=#000000]Just finished putting my bass pedal board together (again!) just space for 1 more...currently set to be a Way Huge Pork Loin if I can find one at a reasonable price. The little box in the bottom right is where I plug in my bass and my Ernie Ball volume. The switch changes it from a volume pedal to an expression pedal for the M5. The M5 is in loop A of the LS-2 and the Guv'nor is in the other loop; I keep it set to A+B mix all the time and can kill either channel with the double footswitch below the nano-balls. This way I can blend either effect with clean/each other or isolate either channel to get 100% of either effect - really versatile.[/color] Edited by oGREENYo

Thought my most recent blog post may be of interest to a few folks here...

[url="http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/2012/2/11/signal-chain-basics.html"]Shep on Bass - Signal chain basics[/url]

I figure that some of you may have stuff to add to the discussion (please do post on the blog!). Share it on facebook and spread the word! :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1328996916' post='1535947']
Thought my most recent blog post may be of interest to a few folks here...

[url="http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/2012/2/11/signal-chain-basics.html"]Shep on Bass - Signal chain basics[/url]

I figure that some of you may have stuff to add to the discussion (please do post on the blog!). Share it on facebook and spread the word! :)
[/quote]

great blog - posted as requested!

[quote name='RichF' timestamp='1329001234' post='1536014']
yeah, sorry I am not very clever or dont know much about pedals but i am trying to learn!
[/quote]

Not at all... I didn't mean that to sound sarcastic! Lol. I suspect you know far more than you think you do. At the end of the day it's not a matter of knowledge, it's a matter of being prepared to experiment an persevere with pedals and sounds. You don't need to be full of wisdom, you just need to WANT to be creative!

dont worry didn't think you were being sarcy!! I am loving this second period of creativity in my musical life. After 10-15 musical wilderness years (3 beautiful kids to show for it), I am back, not this time with the basic no effects rock set up that defined those early days but now all kinds of sh*t including envelope filters, hothands, fuzzes, loopers, laptops, MIDI, synths. It's great!!!

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1329002657' post='1536032']
That's a good read. I need/want more FX!
[/quote]
Cheers dude. Quality over quantity etc.

Not sure how I managed 2 blog posts today. Must be in the zone! :)

If there's any points I left out then post away....

On another note, added this to my board today:
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/6326cb83.jpg[/IMG]

Custom shop SFX 'Loops Mixer', which had replaced my Boss LS-2. I may be offering up one of my OC-2's soon in favour of a different octave voice for my sub channel (likely a MXR BOD).

[quote name='oGREENYo' timestamp='1328975658' post='1535542'] [color=#000000]Just finished putting my bass pedal board together (again!) just space for 1 more...currently set to be a Way Huge Pork Loin if I can find one at a reasonable price. The little box in the bottom right is where I plug in my bass and my Ernie Ball volume. The switch changes it from a volume pedal to an expression pedal for the M5. The M5 is in loop A of the LS-2 and the Guv'nor is in the other loop; I keep it set to A+B mix all the time and can kill either channel with the double footswitch below the nano-balls. This way I can blend either effect with clean/each other or isolate either channel to get 100% of either effect - really versatile.[/color] [/quote]

All those switching options look dead useful, thats a well thought out board! I like it.

[quote name='deej' timestamp='1329061079' post='1536605']
All those switching options look dead useful, thats a well thought out board! I like it.
[/quote]
Cheers, it's been about 2 years in the making and I finally think I've got a set up that works for me. Trouble is, you never stop needing new gear once you've started so I guess there are changes still to come! I am determined not to go any bigger than a PT2 though!

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1329122312' post='1537256']
I replaced my LS2 with a SFX mixer pedal like Shep - it does the same as your set-up oGREENYo in half the pedals.
[/quote]

I have already started looking at that as an alternative - it looks good; where do you buy them? I may have to wait for a windfall first but as soon as I want some extra space, that will be the way to go. Thanks.

So does this do the same as an LS2 then?

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1329209529' post='1538648']
I got mine used from the marketplace here, it works great and the switches are very cleverly spaced - I can switch both loops at the same time very easily, but I don't knock the wrong footswitch accidentally when i'm just turning on one loop
[/quote]