Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Made complete with the purchase of the compressor this week :)

Annoying thing is, I have to give M5 its own PSA due to noise, so using 2 in total. Only solution I can think of is to isolate the T-Rex and the MXR (the synth already is isolated), as the M5 draws too much current to use with an isolator :-/

My other pedals currently not on the board:
- Korg Pitchblack
- MXR M80
- SFX Micro Fuzz
- Ernie Ball VP Jr
- Dunlop Cry Baby 105q Edited by 1976fenderhead

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1329586438' post='1544614']
Did he sort the jack output for you too?

Do you have web address or contact number for him - looks like a smart mod to the board.
[/quote]
Yes he did.... & fixed a couple of faults for me too... replaced a faulty active/passive switch in the multi-comp & traced a 'fizzing' slight distortion problem I was having in the chain [i](which I was convinced was the Phathed but turned out to be the Octaver!) [/i]He did a great job & it only cost me £30!

I don't think he has a website... & he always seems to have a lot of work on (a good sign!) ...

Martin Bailey : 01179 773720

Eskimobassist.... Yup! Vol maxed out on Colorsound fuzz!... Live it makes it just about right & isn't as extreme as it looks!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1329591068' post='1544710']
You could get a GigRig adapter to provide it more juice (like the SupaNova etc - just pick the right one for the voltage etc), expe dive though.

Nice board by the way.
[/quote]

Yeah I think I could use the EvenFlo + a reverse polarity adapter, or 2 new isolators, either solution would cost me £40 - £50 which is a bit too much... :/

[quote name='harvey1-8' timestamp='1329947750' post='1550341']
The increasingly limited floor space I have at gigs has forced me to scaled down from a Pedaltrain Mini to a Nano. Now all I have is the bare essentials to play the songs in our set-list.

[/quote]
Where'd ya get those patch cables? They're awesome!

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1329952330' post='1550477']
ace little setup - but good lord, where are you playing that there is no room for a mini??
[/quote]

Weddings and general functions aren't a problem, but our pub gigs are ridiculously cramped.

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1329958919' post='1550589']
Where'd ya get those patch cables? They're awesome!
[/quote]

xgsjx is right, George L's. Although I'm considering swapping to these:

[quote name='deej' timestamp='1329999624' post='1551040']
Dont buy them! When you stomp on the pedals, the movement can crack the board inside because theres no give there.

Ok, not the most technical explanation :lol: but I know what I mean.
[/quote]

This is true. I use these jacks, but all my pedals are either bolted to the pedalboard or cable tied to it so there is no movement, and therefore no risk, but there is no way on earth I would use these with pedals velcro'd!

Updated pics... Couple of small tweaks...

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/220aa1db.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/e9cc9916.jpg[/IMG]

Aguilar Octamizer now providing my sub tone. Polytune Mini added as well.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1330020421' post='1551621']
your board just gets more awesome!
[/quote]

Thanks! :)

The Aguilar is amazing for my sub channel - a real game changer! Tonally I still prefer the OC-2 for my core sound, but the smooth octave down with that filter rolled back and a 50Hz boost after it is amazing!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1330022569' post='1551667']
Thanks! :)

The Aguilar is amazing for my sub channel - a real game changer! Tonally I still prefer the OC-2 for my core sound, but the smooth octave down with that filter rolled back and a 50Hz boost after it is amazing!
[/quote]

yeh i still prefer my oc-3 for clean octave stuff in my band but the aggie does sound nice when combined with my fuzz pedal. i really wanna try out the aguilar filter twin every youtube clip sounds awesome!

oh and on the moog front im hoping to grab an LPF next month! but thats if i can resist getting a tc pedal have found loads of the range that i want!

andy

The new TC stuff is amazing. I have a Flashback delay that I use as a looper at home, but love the modulated delay on it. Lovely sounding!
Moog LPF is stunning, though the moistness of it has done my head in recently. I have an eye on a TC Nova Dynamics at the mo as well for some noise gating and always on tri-band compression (new amp does not have a compressor in it).

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1330023970' post='1551692']
The new TC stuff is amazing. I have a Flashback delay that I use as a looper at home, but love the modulated delay on it. Lovely sounding!
Moog LPF is stunning, though the moistness of it has done my head in recently. I have an eye on a TC Nova Dynamics at the mo as well for some noise gating and always on tri-band compression (new amp does not have a compressor in it).
[/quote]

im getting well tempted by there shaker pedal atm! my gas for pedals is silly!

i have never used compression live ever! ive had it added to a recording but i really do wanna try it out! im thinking maybe going for broke and trying the aguilar tlc.

andy

[quote name='deej' timestamp='1329999624' post='1551040']
Dont buy them! When you stomp on the pedals, the movement can crack the board inside because theres no give there.

Ok, not the most technical explanation :lol: but I know what I mean.
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll stick with the George L's.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1330025839' post='1551733']
Your OC-2 in the classifieds is really tempting me, but I am just happy with my OC-3 instead to be honest. I mean yeah I would like to have that iconic phat dubby sound on tap, but the OC-3 is nice and precise - it would some convincing to push me over to the analogue side.
[/quote]

The OC-3 on the -2 oct mode (but only using the -1 oct) is VERY close to the OC-2. Not the same, but as close as you'll get without an OC-2. I'll always keep an OC-2, it's such a classic pedal and a tone that suits so many styles.