Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1330734281' post='1562484']

What do you want it for? Envelope/Auto Wah duties? There are so many now it's hard to choose. I'm
Still very happy with my Groove regulator. The MXR was good if not a little too wet for me. I picked up an old Tone Factor 442 Analogue Filter and that sounds awesome after fuzz!

If you want an LPF and the Moog is too big it's got to be the Iron Ether - but Tonally it's TOTALLY different as a resonant filter.
[/quote]

You heard the muse song uprising? Theres a filter part in that which would work with an idea i have!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1330735890' post='1562498']
The main riff? Sounds like octave - gated fuzz - wet sounding envelope filter. 'Typical' synth tone as it were.
[/quote]

Theres a filter sweep in the mid part :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1330775991' post='1562783']

Not sure I can stomach listening to Muse twice in one week but I'll try and have another listen later... :)
[/quote]

Think it's the 3:10 mark. :P just basic low pass filter i think?

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1330782374' post='1562932']
It sounds like a low pass filter after Octave and Fuzz to me, with the range starting from below what even sounds to be audible!
[/quote]

Would the xenograph do it you think? Or any other suggestion?

I would say so yeah - I think Wolstenholme is using one of those Electrix Filter Factorys, with an Ernie Ball pedal used as an expression pedal to control the sweep.

You can use the standard Xero just like that, and the deluxe can also function in the same manner if you turn the Sensitivity all the way down so that the filter doesn't trigger and that you're only using the LPF - using an expression pedal to control the sweep.

What he said ^

I you were running octave - fuzz - filter for the core of the sound you could likely get 'close' with a Wah as well. Depends if you want as close a replica as possible. At the end of the day getting the exact sound is going to take lots of post production. Just heard the live at Glastonbury version am it sounds pretty different to the album version.

That IE looks prettttty good :) I'd really like to add a 2nd filter to my board.

If modualtion is an effect that makes the bass "wobble", then LPF is most definitely modulation. Ask any Dubstep bassist what FX they need to make "wobbles". :sun_bespectacled:

Edited by xgsjx

As per previous post, was supposed to redo my PT mini today, then post pics.

Have steadily been accumulating pedals, including various dirt pedals, with the plan of having a big shootout, picking the best ones, and making a PT mini out of them.

I have failed miserably. Miserably.

Ended up not really being able to justify getting rid of any of them, they all play slightly differently and, despite purposely going at it with a mindset of thinning the herd, I've not managed to get rid of any of them.

Think I'll buy another PT mini and use a 2 board setup. Thoughts?

EDIT: In case anyone's interested these are the dirt pedals:

FEA Labs Photon
ZVex Mastotron
Big Knob Bushy Bison
DHA Fuzzy Feeling
Tech 21 XXL Bass
Fuzzrocious Oh See Demon
Sansamp BDDI
VT Bass

Edited by cm261

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1330788366' post='1563032']
I like the sound of the IE.

May see about that. And a small exp pedal.
[/quote]
There IS a filter factory up on ebay now for ~$200. That's about 143 pounds/quid/squid,
pretty cheap for a pedal. However, you'd have to get a rack and switching system to use
it (kind of a pain) so a Xerograph might be the better choice.

[attachment=101749:photo.JPG]

Signal Path :

Bass-> Ibanez TS9-DX (with Keeley Mod)-> ISP Decimator G-String-> Amp - FX Send-> Boss TU-2-> Boss CE-5-> Boss AW-3-> Boss OC-3-> BBE Opto Stomp-> ISP Decimator (Again)-> FX Return

only thing i'm looking to add is a Boss DD-7 but i don't really see me ever having a use for one so for now it will have to stay a fantasy :P

[quote name='jazseven' timestamp='1330972707' post='1565651']
[attachment=101749:photo.JPG]

Signal Path :

Bass-> Ibanez TS9-DX (with Keeley Mod)-> ISP Decimator G-String-> Amp - FX Send-> Boss TU-2-> Boss CE-5-> Boss AW-3-> Boss OC-3-> BBE Opto Stomp-> ISP Decimator (Again)-> FX Return

only thing i'm looking to add is a Boss DD-7 but i don't really see me ever having a use for one so for now it will have to stay a fantasy :P
[/quote]

That's an interesting & unusual signal chain, using the fx loop is even more odd (but I suppose that's what it's for :P ). If that's what gets "Your" sound, then that's what counts. :)

Here's a more recent shot of the board,

http://pbckt.com/pd.JNO292

This all runs into a Pearce Bc1 preamp (tone heaven) and into an orange bass terror (just used as a poweramp)

Trying to get a custom board made up that can accommodate my bc1 preamp as well to have all my tone shaping in one heavy case haha

Sure thing

Bass goes into little input/output patch bay thing

-line 6 m5 w/ exp pedal (green on left)
-Loop switcher
Send A = markbass synth
Send b = two stacked cranetortoise bass distortions
- SA bef pro w/ hot hand
- olc flipster OD
-lovepedal echo baby

And then stuck next to the echo baby is a foot switch for my Pearce preamp

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1330976565' post='1565734']
That's an interesting & unusual signal chain, using the fx loop is even more odd (but I suppose that's what it's for :P ). If that's what gets "Your" sound, then that's what counts. :)
[/quote]

It's primarily because I use the same layout for my guitar rig (where I like my fx after the preamp) and I'm too lazy to change it for bass. I also find that the boss pedals seem to get quieter when activated if they're run before the amp (mostly the Auto-Wah) but through the fx loop they stay at the intended volume, dunno if anyone else finds this?

[quote name='Al Heeley' timestamp='1331059008' post='1567046']
My lightly modded Boss pedalboard with gigging pedals plus new addition flanger from Pete - thanks :)
Added a couple extra LED's plus extra dc jack socket to the case for the EHX BMS 24V requirement.
[/quote]

Nice bit of bling there!

Heres a question for the chaps and chappettes that know - how many pedals can you daisy chain from a single power supply?

Edited by Mikey R

[quote name='Mikey R' timestamp='1331116620' post='1567760']
Nice bit of bling there!
how many pedals can you daisy chain from a single power supply?
[/quote]

Well it all depends how much mA it pumps out. The Visual Sound One Spot has 1700 mA on tap for example, so as long as the combined mA draw is less than that figure you'll be fine. Hence you could run 17 100 mA drawing pedals from it if you really wanted to. Basically: every pedal has its own mA draw, so add em all up (check the user manual or online for tech. spec) and see what you need to be able to supply.

My Diago powerstation has 3,000 mA available so I've never really come close to maxing it out.

EDIT: of course that is supplied at 9v DC (negative tip) - which is what most pedals require these days. Some don't however, but it is possible to work around that issue.

Edited by EskimoBassist