Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1332150925' post='1583821']
As yet, I've not tried it with an active with a mid control, but I do find it can really add emphasis to the envelope filter.
[/quote]

Interesting .... is it a high-mid boost that make it work well with the EF ? Looks like frequency is at maybe 2:00 on the pic, I think.

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1332190753' post='1584661']
As its parametric, I couldn't define frequency without an oscilloscope!
It's definitely just up from the very low mids
[/quote]

From the manual at [url="http://ews-us.com/pdf/BMC_manual_eng.pdf"]http://ews-us.com/pdf/BMC_manual_eng.pdf[/url]

7 o’clock : 120Hz
9 o’clock : 160Hz
11 o’clock : 500Hz
12 o’clock : 630Hz
1 o’clock : 800Hz
3 o’clock : 2KHz
5 o’clock : 3KHz

If it's "lo-mids" it looks like my reading of 2:00 from your pic was some way off.

[attachment=103075:20120320_0252.JPG]

My new board. Picked up the VT1 Bass drive from PeteB this weekend.

DHA compressor is between bass and amp and is always on. DHA bass drive is in the effects loop - I'll leave it on and control the amount of effect using the amp's Mix control. Turbo Tuner is connected to the tuner out. It all sits on a homemade board on top of the amp. Once I get over the shock of the price of Ampeg's footswitch I'll use that to mute when tuning, and to switch the effects loop on and off, but for now I'm happy to do it on the amp. Trying this out for the first time in anger at practice tomorrow night, but it sounds awesome through the headphones.

Edited by Kirky

Thanks. Gonna have to rethink the logistics. I was very proud of the fact that I could fit the board, plus amp and all cables into a backpack laptop. And then the 'soft/hard' switch broke off the Compressor in transit last night. :angry:

On the plus side the Bass Drive was amazing.

Does anyone know what the Quartermaster from the Gigrig actually does? I keep getting updates about it on Facebook and as far as I can tell it just turns your pedals on and off! If you could set up presets of a number of pedals at a time then it would be great but you can't do that.

Maybe I have missed something with it?

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1332444030' post='1588560']
Does anyone know what the Quartermaster from the Gigrig actually does? I keep getting updates about it on Facebook and as far as I can tell it just turns your pedals on and off! If you could set up presets of a number of pedals at a time then it would be great but you can't do that.

Maybe I have missed something with it?
[/quote]

It's a bypass looper - but it has the GigRig buffered bypass system in it for super silent switching and soft press switches - so the signal does not pass through 3pdt switches, rather through a VERY high quality buffer. It's the same switching as used on the expensive Pro/Midi 8/14 units (which you would need for your multiple presets). It can be personalised by swapping certain inputs to have special features as detailed on the GigRig site as well.

Basically a super high quality bypass looper.

As for pedalboards... A couple of slight updates. Nova Delay now a major part of the board. The space above it now also sits a Nova Dynamics (though it's not in the pic). I've also raised the 8-way looper (a I kept catching the EP-2 rather than the Tremolo!) and also raised my Moog Low Pass Filter as seen below to raise the footswitch a little higher over the MP-201 expression pedal when it's in heel position - oddly it looks pretty cool as well!

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/6a9d0daa.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/c39ec58c.jpg[/IMG]

Shep

[quote name='Wud' timestamp='1332450658' post='1588673']
Hey Shep,

I kinda feel I could trust you with delicate expensive gear.
:)
[/quote]

Thanks bud...

I currently have PRIME_bass's Moog MF-101 too so I could experiment with 2 low pass filters... Oh man it's amazing!!!!!! :)

Shep

Oh yeah, 2x MF-101 would be grand.
Two of the Ring mods is crazy bonkers bliss, I can testify in court if required.
I do like the TC Nova Dynamics, thought your sumation nailed it really, allthough I know what Bongo is on about.

[quote name='Wud' timestamp='1332451256' post='1588685']
Oh yeah, 2x MF-101 would be grand.
Two of the Ring mods is crazy bonkers bliss, I can testify in court if required.
I do like the TC Nova Dynamics, thought your sumation nailed it really, allthough I know what Bongo is on about.
[/quote]

Yeah - its pretty immense... Feeding one an LFO and swelling that sound with the 2nd - oh my it's good!

I love the Dynamics - very subtle. Not the best stop box style compressor I've used, but the multi-band studio mode is amazing for my application. The noise gate is 1st class as well.

[quote name='Wud' timestamp='1332451433' post='1588687']
Also Shep,

Have you put anything through the Feedback Insert point on the Cluster Flux ?
If you don't have an insert cable, you need to get one ASAP!
It is simply...Amazingly Ridiculous.
Indeed.
[/quote]

No, I haven't really played with it. What are you feeding it with and what results does it give?

Shame not to see the full thing with TC corner ;). Just having a nosey through your FB band page and I stumbled across something very disturbing...someone slopped a pint over your pedalboard?!??!! What the hell did you do?! I trust everything still works fine? I've been so scared on that happening to my gear, how would you go about preventing damage and salvaging your gear?

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1332454489' post='1588740']
Shame not to see the full thing with TC corner ;). Just having a nosey through your FB band page and I stumbled across something very disturbing...someone slopped a pint over your pedalboard?!??!! What the hell did you do?! I trust everything still works fine? I've been so scared on that happening to my gear, how would you go about preventing damage and salvaging your gear?
[/quote]

You can blame a dodgy internal power section for it lacking TC corner! :)

Yeah that was a rowdy gig. The stage was literally 1cm deep in liquid, so every time I lifted a foot to press a pedal my soaked trainer was soaking the pedals and basically pushing water into the foot switches. I took my hoodie off and stood on that, but 5 minutes later that was soaked right through too... Then a flying pint hit the floor right at the side of the board and it's contents soaked my foogers...!

Nothing shorted out. If it had it'd of been gig over an I'm unsure of what I'd of done. We got back to our studio about 1am that morning and I blasted switch cleaner into every footswitch, then went back the next day, cleaned every pedal and the board and switch cleanered the pedals again. The Moog LPF footswitch refused to work so I bought another - by the time the replacement switch arrived the cleaner had eaten all the beer and it was working again.

It was an exceptionally rowdy gig - its the show the 2 most recent YouTube vids are from & don't expect such a thing would happen again, though I did realise that if that pint had landed behind the board and gone into all the open jack sockets along the back of the foogers and the power supplies underneath then it would be game over - as such I have bought a 3mm black plexiglass sheet which runs the length of the back of the board and comes up to the hight of the foogers to protect the back (and will soon have 'Our Helical Mind' on it in nice big print!). I figured if we're going to Europe later this year on a gig-a-night basis I can't afford for an accident to screw all my gear up!

One thing I do know is that my gig tool box will always contain a can of Servisol Super 10 Switch Cleaner as it fixes everything! :)

Fantastic blog once again Shep, out of interest as I am planning on picking up the TC Flashback and Hall of Fame in the next week or so did you find the Flashback needed an isolated supply to avoid the high pitched ringing delays and reverbs can sometimes create?

[quote name='simwells' timestamp='1332630225' post='1591057']
Fantastic blog once again Shep, out of interest as I am planning on picking up the TC Flashback and Hall of Fame in the next week or so did you find the Flashback needed an isolated supply to avoid the high pitched ringing delays and reverbs can sometimes create?
[/quote]

Thanks buddy...

The Flashback is fantastic and has a low power consumption. It seems perfectly happy to share power supplies. I use it at home as a looper for my home practice as its about the best loop pedal I've ever used as well as a stunning delay (the modulation delay is lush!). It swallows batteries in looped mode when playing back, but other than that is very power friendly (and VERY silent).

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1332669699' post='1591281']
Nice post on reverb and delay, looking forward to your new video demos too.
[/quote]

Cheers dude. Doing some final sound samples today and putting together a dummy video. All being well i'll have the 1st one sorted in the next week or so.

Suweeet. I'm particularly interested in your Nova Delay demo - I'm looking to buy a Nova Repeater soon (when I shift a few pedals I don't use any more) so I'm really interested to hear how the TC stuff sounds with Bass. Also, I'm hoping it will convince me that the Repeater is adequate and that I don't need to shell out extra for the Nova Delay!