Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Thats a very cheap flanger, the first pedal I bought, probably in 1995. Its got a missing battery cover and is held together with gaffa tape from some over enthusiastic stomping as a teenager but Im strangely attached to it.

The brand name says Vision but that probably doesnt mean anything now.

EDIT: Al beat me to it.

Looking forward to my Sonic Kitchen delay! :)

Edited by Mikey R

[quote name='Mikey R' timestamp='1334052860' post='1610050']
Thats a very cheap flanger, the first pedal I bought, probably in 1995. Its got a missing battery cover and is held together with gaffa tape from some over enthusiastic stomping as a teenager but Im strangely attached to it.
[/quote]

Hooray for cheap, sentimentally worthwhile FX pedals.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1333999322' post='1609477'] Got myself a TAFM today and ebay/basschat permitting I will have an M9 soon too. Really looking forward to how my set-up is shaping up. After playing with them both at length, I've also decided to keep my Xerograph Deluxe as my only filter and to shift my Proton[/quote]

Sounds like we've got quite similar setups here. Awesome! :D

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1334001045' post='1609515'] I'd be keen to hear what you think of it when you've had a chance to play with it - have been quite keen on one of these for my board! :) [/quote]

I picked one up myself just last week. Ive only had a little play with it but im liking what I hear. Ive always been a big muff fan, and I can still cop a similar tone with the TAFM. The sound can be tightened up though and almost sound gated, so theres definitely some versatility there. I need to spend a bit more time with it but I'd recommend it for sure.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1334053117' post='1610056']
Hooray for cheap, sentimentally worthwhile FX pedals.
[/quote]

I have an ARIA Auto Wah which is in the same casing and sounds great. My other cheap crap one is an Arion analogue Delay - sounds ace!

The start of my super pedalboard tidy up... About a third done - tiny cable tidies!!

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/f17b2059.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/c92d0229.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='littlegreenman' timestamp='1334195332' post='1612489']
What's the mod on the DOD?
[/quote]

took the original LED out and replaced it with a switch (SPDT if I remember) to switch between two different values of resistor to toggle between the original tone (lacking in top end for my tastes - R21,was 22K ) and roughly halved the value in the other side to dive a toppy, squelchy sort of sound.

C11 (IIRC) value was reduced (from 15uf to roughly half of that) to speed up the decay time of the envelope and I drilled out the 'O' in 'envelope' to fit a new LED.

All of the parts are clearly labelled on the board, so you don't even need to be able to read a schematic to do this. C11 is polarised though, so you'll have to make sure that you put the new one in the right way around...

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1334263516' post='1613598']
Looks like a great board to me dude! Though i'm sure you could squeeze two or three more in there ;)
[/quote]

Cheers! :)
I do have a couple more pedals in mind, the main one being a Jacques "Kashmir" Tremolo/Leslie simulator & possibly a volume pedal of some sort.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1334303523' post='1613963']

small, but beautiful.
[/quote]

Thanks, all. Unfortunately the plans I had for an Octaver in that format have just had a bit of a knock-back, so the board looks likely to be completed with an MXR deluxe octave and a polytune mini.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1334323719' post='1614543']
Thanks, all. Unfortunately the plans I had for an Octaver in that format have just had a bit of a knock-back, so the board looks likely to be completed with an MXR deluxe octave and a polytune mini.
[/quote]

seen the mooer micro series pitch box? does octave down and its only like 55 quid on ebay

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1334324066' post='1614559']
seen the mooer micro series pitch box? does octave down and its only like 55 quid on ebay
[/quote]

Yes, that's the one that may be disappointing. One report on TB so far, so it's hard to be sure as yet. Still tempted to order it for myself to be sure. But even if turns out to be free of tracking problems, (sounds alright on guitar on the demo video) it's still lacking a blend, and adding dedicated blend pedal makes the whole package bigger than the MXR.

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1334339799' post='1614947']
surely the harmony setting would be the pitch shifted signal blended with the original?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure from the name that it wil be a fixed half and half mix, yes. I'm used to blending in the sub octave at a lower level than that.

OK, I'll play ;)

New to this bass malarkey, so no clue if I've got the signal chain correct. Seems to sound OK though. Should probably ditch the Wah and get a smaller device for pitch shift stuff, but I need to replace the left-hand side for skinny string duties. Bass bits come off, guitar bits go on. Damn, I need 2 boards ;)

Edited by littlegreenman