Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

A new blog post up today... This time it's bypass loops, A/B boxes, kill switches, blending and all manner of switching systems...

[url="http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/2012/4/21/signal-chain-bassics-part-vii-switching.html"]Shep on Bass - Signal Chain BASSics, Part VII: Switching.[/url]

Hope someone finds the info useful and not just a load babbling rubbish!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1335006410' post='1624594']
A new blog post up today... This time it's bypass loops, A/B boxes, kill switches, blending and all manner of switching systems...

[url="http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/2012/4/21/signal-chain-bassics-part-vii-switching.html"]Shep on Bass - Signal Chain BASSics, Part VII: Switching.[/url]

Hope someone finds the info useful and not just a load babbling rubbish!
[/quote]

Cheers Shep! Youve got me drooling over those 8 way loop switchers...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1335474869' post='1631981']
The Buzz Electronics ones? Real good for the money... Mine will be up for grabs soon as I'm 'hopefully' moving to a GigRig system.
[/quote]

I was looking at the Carl Martin ones with the DIP switches, Im not sure the Buzz ones are as programmable.

Let me know as soon as you want to move it on, I might be interested.

[quote name='Mikey R' timestamp='1335523333' post='1632503']
I was looking at the Carl Martin ones with the DIP switches, Im not sure the Buzz ones are as programmable.

Let me know as soon as you want to move it on, I might be interested.
[/quote]

Ah yeah - The Carl Martin one is very swish and has lots of options. It is pretty massive though (and not quite as switch as the GigRig Pro 8!). The Buzz one that I have is not programmable and was custom spec'd to have ALL inputs and outputs on the back (plus the enclosure is smaller than 90% of 5-way loopers) which makes it amazing for space saving, but you have to use compact jack plugs or you can't fit them all in!

Buss do make a programmable version as well though it's not as feature rich as units like the Carl Martin (though it is a ton cheaper) and I think the programming is done on the inside so it's less tweak-able-friendly.

I'll know if I'm moving mine on in the next week or two hopefully.

[quote name='Mikey R' timestamp='1335553567' post='1633195']
Shep, is yours this one?

http://buzzelectronics.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=90&osCsid=7b5e257bc427319a4b781cdea103bf3e
[/quote]

Same size but mines the non-programmable version. Just a straight 8-way looper: http://buzzelectronics.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=28 (mine has in/out and power also on the back).

My board idea so far:

The MT-2 isn't mine, it's just here before it gets whisked off to it's owner (Though i do have one, that's somehow totally dead, and i'm watching one on Ebay). Going to get a board over the weekend and i've got my eye on a Marshall Jackhammer on Ebay as well. Running the MT-2 into the BDI-21 gives me nice, heavily distorted Hysteria (The Muse song) style tone that sounds absolutely beautiful but it's nasty (In a good way).

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1335620086' post='1633806']
My board idea so far:

The MT-2 isn't mine, it's just here before it gets whisked off to it's owner (Though i do have one, that's somehow totally dead, and i'm watching one on Ebay). Going to get a board over the weekend and i've got my eye on a Marshall Jackhammer on Ebay as well. Running the MT-2 into the BDI-21 gives me nice, heavily distorted Hysteria (The Muse song) style tone that sounds absolutely beautiful but it's nasty (In a good way).

Liam
[/quote]
Can you put up an audio sample of that sound? I've always wanted to hear a good use of an MT-2 on bass.. :D

[attachment=106400:2012-04-28_20-11-14_872.jpg]
The current setup, actually mostly happy, except for the lack of a filter and I' hankering for a mastotron again. If anyone has the very specific desire to swap a Mastotron for an Ultra Fuzz let me know...

Edited by bobbass4k

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1335620086' post='1633806']
My board idea so far:

Liam
[/quote]

Should be a sweet little setup! I always prefer the BDDI/BDI21 before any other drive pedals for some reason, Seems to give you a more definable attack. Try that too if you havent yet! :)

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1335734657' post='1635303']

Should be a sweet little setup! I always prefer the BDDI/BDI21 before any other drive pedals for some reason, Seems to give you a more definable attack. Try that too if you havent yet! :)
[/quote]

I'll give that a try tomorrow, hopefully my Jackhammer turns up pretty soon too.

Liam

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1335624080' post='1633883']
Can you put up an audio sample of that sound? I've always wanted to hear a good use of an MT-2 on bass.. :D
[/quote]

I always thought it worked very well on bass. I don't have one but have tried a couple out. The EQ is really good. I'd get one if I didn't already have 10 dirt pedals.

Still awaiting my perspex to make an Al Bling base. Hoping it arrives today.

I have though, made some mods & added some Boss/Moog style knobs. Having turned my Ibby into a passive bass with volume, tone & pick up blend knobs, I had a spare hole & thought I'd put it to use.
I've put a 100k pot where the EQ switch was & wired it to a stereo jack socket (which is where the audio jack was on the bass) & put a mono socket on the backplate for the audio. Now I can control a moog parameter from the bass. Playing about with LFO rate & Envelope slope on the Bass Murf, & Envelope amount on the LPF.

Pics to follow when I get the bling. :)

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1335774241' post='1635623']

I have though, made some mods & added some Boss/Moog style knobs. Having turned my Ibby into a passive bass with volume, tone & pick up blend knobs, I had a spare hole & thought I'd put it to use.
I've put a 100k pot where the EQ switch was & wired it to a stereo jack socket (which is where the audio jack was on the bass) & put a mono socket on the backplate for the audio. Now I can control a moog parameter from the bass. Playing about with LFO rate & Envelope slope on the Bass Murf, & Envelope amount on the LPF.

[/quote]
That sounds AWESOME. That would make it incredibly easy to change the wobble rate on the fly.. hmm..

Edited by lxxwj

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1335774241' post='1635623']

[/quote]

Very cool idea dude - very cool!