Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='oGREENYo' timestamp='1333048488' post='1596773']

Cool - I think I've been in your studio last year for a Jam with a couple of mates! I popped in to hotrox to get my M5 whilst I was there!! Small world!
[/quote]

Fairly unlikely as its only us in the building... And that would mean you broke in to jam and then locked up as you left (unless you came to jam with my drummer, Tom). There are A LOT of rehearsal spaces and studios within 5 minutes of Hot Rox though, including the very popular Magnet Rehearsal Studios....

[quote name='simwells' timestamp='1333032988' post='1596525']
Been rearranging my board a bit today, there may be a Moog low pass filter coming soon which will make things a bit awkward! Other plans are to replace the Hyperdrive, probably with a Rat Tail and I really do need an MP-201 oh and the Source Audio Hot hand EXP controller when it comes out.

[/quote]

Are you in a folk band too?

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1333048730' post='1596775']
Are you in a folk band too?
[/quote]

Haha erm not quite but I don't have an excuse for several of the pedals but I'm gradually opening the bands eyes to more effected sounds! The more electronica type pedals are more for my own playing I just can't be bothered to set up or rearrange multiple boards.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1333048692' post='1596774']
Fairly unlikely as its only us in the building... And that would mean you broke in to jam and then locked up as you left (unless you came to jam with my drummer, Tom). There are A LOT of rehearsal spaces and studios within 5 minutes of Hot Rox though, including the very popular Magnet Rehearsal Studios....
[/quote]

Yeah, we broke in; it was smart - surprised you never noticed we'd been there!

[quote name='simwells' timestamp='1333056485' post='1596896']
Haha erm not quite but I don't have an excuse for several of the pedals but I'm gradually opening the bands eyes to more effected sounds! The more electronica type pedals are more for my own playing I just can't be bothered to set up or rearrange multiple boards.
[/quote]

Too many folk look at effects & say "it won't fit in with this style of music". Pah! I use the same effects in my folk/country band as I do in my rock band (whenever they do get together, which is rare) & on my solo stuff.
Playing techno/electronica inspired basslines in a genre creates a new genre IMO. :D

Decided to shift the wah off the board to aid a bit of space- got the RAT back on for the time being - hoping to replace that with B3K. All George L'd up - even managed to get the Thumpinator back on top as well (it was velcro'd on the underside of the board previously).

Looking good dude! Moving the wah off the board is a smart choice - They take up so much room! Might as well carry a board and a wah, rather than a board with a wah on it and then 2-3 seperate pedals!

Ps the sale on my George L's fell through so if you need any, hit me up!

All set up and ready to go to a gig in about an hour. Finally got both TC pedals mounted and powered...

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/c5550a9d.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/e826c4ef.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/2dc0a3aa.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/51bfbf48.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/91552be1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/7512ec73.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/2b26c0e2.jpg[/IMG]

Now we have to carry it again :(

Shep

Put this together over the past few months, cobbled a very temporary board together for a stint of gigs through April and will re-build a more permanent one when those gigs are done. The back tier particularly isn't high enough so that will be the main change!

Signal starts in the big box in the bottom right hand corner, and the chain is:

> Wireless or Cable in (these are on switched jacks, so if no cable is plugged in then the wireless signal is used - just means I can override the wireless with a cable in case of breakdown or for rehearsal without having to unplug the wireless!)
> Tuner Mute Switch (top right switch)
> Modified Ross Compressor clone on a toggle switch (very much an "always on" effect)
> Master bypass switch, inside of which is:
--> "Shape" Footswitch (a mid-cut with level control)
--> "Boost" Footswitch (EHX Mole clone, mainly used under guitar solos live)
--> Send Jack
----> Pearl OC-07 Octaver clone
----> Dirt box. First is a Fulltone Bassdrive Mosfet clone with a clean blend, without the extra switches, second is an NYC Big Muff clone with clean blend, variable mids switch and a High Pass Filter on the output of the dirt side. Both sound good on their own, sounds mega one into the other!
----> MXR Phase 90 clone with rate LED (pointless but fun), depth knob, gain knob, and a three-way switch to control the feedback.
----> Boss CE-2B clone without the level knob (I always had it on full anyway)
--> Return Jack, back to Master Bypass Switch
> Boss CE-2B clone without the level knob and on a toggle switch (again, "always on" effect with the depth and rate about 10-11 o'clock)
> BBE Sonic Maximiser-esque clone on a toggle switch (still getting to grips with this, less is more is definitely the case with this one!!!)
> SFX Sounds Micro Thumpinator
> Amp

The space between the Phaser and the Thumpinator is there for testing pedals as and when I build new ones. Bass-oriented Rat is next for that spot. Still fine tuning a few things on there, the mid-cut switch needs a bit of tweaking as it's a bit too severe at the minute, but it's getting there!!! Overall very happy with it and looking forward to getting it out to a few gigs in the next few weeks! Edited by TG Flatline

[quote name='Al Heeley' timestamp='1333205211' post='1598725']
oh my.....that is an awesome board sir! :gas:
[/quote]

Cheers dude,

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1333205272' post='1598726']
I was thinking EPIC! I certainly wouldn't want to carry it far at the end of the night! :)
[/quote]
[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1333206564' post='1598739']
The thought of carrying that would be horrible!
[/quote]

Carrying it is horrid. Very very horrid :(

Nice looking board!!

I can't work out how you have the LS2 wired up as you do not have the output on the left hand side hooked up.

Please enlighten?

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1333119442' post='1597756']

Decided to shift the wah off the board to aid a bit of space- got the RAT back on for the time being - hoping to replace that with B3K. All George L'd up - even managed to get the Thumpinator back on top as well (it was velcro'd on the underside of the board previously).
[/quote]

[quote name='RandomProddy' timestamp='1333237931' post='1599181']
My guess is that goes via guitar cable straight to amp?
[/quote]

You are correct Sir! Just wasn't plugged in as I'd just finished plumbing it. :)

Doh - I think that because it is not at the end of the board I figured that would not be the case!! Looks a tight fit to get your jack lead in and out on a regular basis (ooh matron!! that all went a bit Carry On for a second)

It's early - need to go back to bed methinks!

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1333243030' post='1599232']
You are correct Sir! Just wasn't plugged in as I'd just finished plumbing it. :)
[/quote]

You're right there Mark, but I tend to leave my leads plugged into the Thumpinator and out of the LS2 all of the time - just coil em up (tidily) along with the power supply cable and pop it into the PT2 bag - job done! :)

Simwells - bit cheeky, but is there any chance I would be able to borrow the B3K at some point for a short period? Really want to try one out, and I'm in Sheffield :)

TG, your board looks sweet! That master box is pretty cool. Might have to nab that idea :P