Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1332671539' post='1591311']
Suweeet. I'm particularly interested in your Nova Delay demo - I'm looking to buy a Nova Repeater soon (when I shift a few pedals I don't use any more) so I'm really interested to hear how the TC stuff sounds with Bass. Also, I'm hoping it will convince me that the Repeater is adequate and that I don't need to shell out extra for the Nova Delay!
[/quote]

The Repeater is pretty awesome too. It has the same core tones with a little less versatility - tape & analog are a setting of their own on the Repeater, rather than a tonal shift that can be applied to any of the settings on the Delay (So you can have tape reverse and analog reverse etc on the ND-1). The deal breaker for me was the presets. 9 storable presets that save exact BPM and settings... for what I do, thats been a life saver. My Boss DD-20 had 4 presets and I was struggling live to dial in new tempos. This has changed everything.

Tonally, both the Repeater and the Delay sound awesome with bass.

I did figure that was the case. Normally I'll only use 2/3 different delay settings in a set and am used to just having the Boss DD-6, so changing the knobs is no dealbreaker for me - though I can see why it would be for you!

At the price point, the Nova Repeater represents ridiculously good value for the money and the Nova Delay is well priced too, I think whichever I manage to score cheap on ebay or on here first will probably make the choice for me.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1332672296' post='1591330']
I did figure that was the case. Normally I'll only use 2/3 different delay settings in a set and am used to just having the Boss DD-6, so changing the knobs is no dealbreaker for me - though I can see why it would be for you!

At the price point, the Nova Repeater represents ridiculously good value for the money and the Nova Delay is well priced too, I think whichever I manage to score cheap on ebay or on here first will probably make the choice for me.
[/quote]

Good call! If it's the DD-6 that you are used to then the Repeater would offer you a similar hi-fi sound with loads of extras as well, and is more reasonably priced. I saw Janek Gwizdala not long back and he uses the the Repeaterr over the Delay as he prefers the simplified approach... (he uses the flashback as well but as a looper).

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1332671539' post='1591311']
Suweeet. I'm particularly interested in your Nova Delay demo - I'm looking to buy a Nova Repeater soon (when I shift a few pedals I don't use any more) so I'm really interested to hear how the TC stuff sounds with Bass. Also, I'm hoping it will convince me that the Repeater is adequate and that I don't need to shell out extra for the Nova Delay!
[/quote]
The Nova Repeater is a great pedal,I use mine quite a lot for solos. It doesn't have all of the programming of the Nova Delay,
but unless you need that,it's no big deal. I basically just use the tap tempo function anyway.
If you want to hear it on bass,check out Janek Gwizdala-he uses it a lot.

Righty - my new boards almost done - Just waiting on two other fx to complete it.

I had to take off the DHA (after getting a psu for it too!) but I think I'm happy. No idea why it appeared sideways - its the right way on Photobucket!

Chain goes like this:-
Bass > Tuner > Feedback Loop > Amp
Feedback loop > OC2 > Blender > EQ > Dubscope > Source Audio multiwave distortion > Source Audio BEF > IE Xenograph (with exp output)
Blender loop a: Deep Impact
Blender loop b: SFX Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon Loop: Tech 21 XXL > IE Oxide.

Or at least it will once it's all cabled/velcro'd.

Got a Diago Powerstation on the way also :)

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1332685362' post='1591580']
Shep, you just introduced me to my new favorite delay.. the El Capistan. Thank you. :D

..I can't seem to find it anywhere though..
[/quote]

Totally with you on that, beautiful sounding unit!!
They're on the Strymon website for $299
http://www.strymon.net/products/elcapistan/

Seems to be like a smaller version of my Akai Headrush E2

Si

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1332689645' post='1591641']
The Nova Repeater is a great pedal,I use mine quite a lot for solos. It doesn't have all of the programming of the Nova Delay,
but unless you need that,it's no big deal. I basically just use the tap tempo function anyway.
If you want to hear it on bass,check out Janek Gwizdala-he uses it a lot.
[/quote]

So to keep going off topic, but are you running your Repeater at 9v? (also this question goes to pantherairsoft re: Nova Delay).

I know that both CAN be run at 9v but that input clipping can happen if you're running much boosted into it, which is why 12v is recommended for extra headroom.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1332804956' post='1593519']

http://www.strymon.net/products/elcapistan/

Si
[/quote]

Pretty awesome ain't it!

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1332875758' post='1594381']

So to keep going off topic, but are you running your Repeater at 9v? (also this question goes to pantherairsoft re: Nova Delay).

I know that both CAN be run at 9v but that input clipping can happen if you're running much boosted into it, which is why 12v is recommended for extra headroom.
[/quote]

I run mine at 12v with an SupaNova adapter from GigRig for loads of headroom. It worked on 9v but was a little bit noisy (on a shared supply), as such I have stuck with a 12v supply. Each Nova pedal come with a power supply though if you want to use a proper supply for that one.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1332875758' post='1594381']

[/quote]
I just use the plug that came with it.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1332804956' post='1593519']
[url="http://www.strymon.net/products/elcapistan/"]http://www.strymon.n...cts/elcapistan/[/url]

Si
[/quote]
300$? I'll stick with a Nova Delay IB, thank you. (going to order one depending on the amp
situation with the band :D)

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1332880031' post='1594465']
300$? I'll stick with a Nova Delay IB, thank you. (going to order one depending on the amp
situation with the band :D)
[/quote]

Well the £/$ conversion means the El Capistan is around £188, so comparable to the TC stuff price-wise I'd say......just that TC is more widely available over here without horrible postage/customs charges

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1332941730' post='1595199'] Well the £/$ conversion means the El Capistan is around £188, so comparable to the TC stuff price-wise I'd say......just that TC is more widely available over here without horrible postage/customs charges Si [/quote]

They're retailing for £249 over here. Looks perfect for what I want, but not in a million years am I paying that price!