Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Just finished this up today thanks to an obbm daisy chain. GGG tuned muff and Polytune Mini powered by a Diago Micropower 9. Sounds great.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/goat_punisher/2012-05-05155629.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/goat_punisher/2012-05-05155609.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/goat_punisher/2012-05-05155558.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Al Heeley' timestamp='1336244088' post='1643105']
its good practice to always have the tuner as the first box in the signal chain - that way you can ensure that the tuner receives the cleanest signal which means most accurate tuning :)
[/quote]

Aah, mine is later in the chain, does this explain some of my fretless 'moments'?

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1336247625' post='1643161']
Aah, mine is later in the chain, does this explain some of my fretless 'moments'?
[/quote]

Hmm, not sure if it would have actually affected the accuracy of the tuner. I just assumed it would take it longer to track. I guess you could try putting it first in the chain and see if it works better! :)

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1336300514' post='1643638']
HEY SHEP! How are you finding your custom Stache?
[/quote]

I'm at rehearsal so apologies for the awful iPhone recording and YouTube upload. It's likely this will sound and look like a bag of cack - but hopefully you'll get a good idea.

It's immense!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8yQnnd5ATo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1336339306' post='1644296']
That Stache does sound massive.
[/quote]

The Mids control just makes it a monster. That was with the mids on about 3 quarters. It's about twice as massive sounding as my Mastotron which until today I considered the most massive sounding fuzz I'd owned.

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1336387112' post='1644711']
That sounds really nice. Wonder how it would compare against the IE Oxide.
[/quote]

I had a good play with Pil.I.Stein's Oxide and didn't like it all. Very weak next to my Mastotron - Si did mention he thought there was an issue with the Oxide though - did you get it looked at?

I love this Stache. Its bloody amazing. Totally blown away by it.

Sorry about that. The always-on gate I had put in it does mean sacrificing a little bit of tonal versatility, but in a way that was sooooooooo worth it for me!

I'm doing a range of video demos and write ups for pedals on my blog at the mo (1st one will be out tomorrow I hope) so this will be covered in detail very soon!

Currently scrolling round the fuzzrocious site, hadn't heard of them till this, now it appears they are used by many of the bands I'm into!

How much did it work out costing once it was delivered and had import tax if you don't mind me asking?

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1336418090' post='1645399']

I had a good play with Pil.I.Stein's Oxide and didn't like it all. Very weak next to my Mastotron - Si did mention he thought there was an issue with the Oxide though - did you get it looked at?

I love this Stache. Its bloody amazing. Totally blown away by it.
[/quote]

Really? Wow. I was the opposite! The Stache does sound lush. You keeping the Mastotron also?

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1336421404' post='1645466']

Really? Wow. I was the opposite! The Stache does sound lush. You keeping the Mastotron also?
[/quote]

Mastotron i the best all round fuzz I've ever used and at the mo, still the best synthy fuzz with an envelope after it. For now it stays :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1336418090' post='1645399']
[/quote]
yep. sent it off to Max at SFX. he had the schematic direct from IE, and modded it for maximum volume/boost, but i still remained underwhelmed and sold it on.

it may have been due to hot output from my bass or some other issue unsolved, because everyone on TB (and on here) loves the oxide, so i'd like to try a later issue.

never mind. i was happy with a Depth Charge, Mastotron & Blowtorch.

but now i want a Grey Stache.

all your fault.... :angry: