Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1336836060' post='1651759']
Niiice, will be interested to see what your custom Xerograph is like. Was it pricey? (if you don't mind me asking!)

Is it just the pitch stuff that you can't recreate/estimate with this set up compared to your main board?
[/quote]

The Xero was quite pricey - about the same price as a new Moog LPF, but the reason for that I that it is neither the standard or the deluxe... It's a sort I hybrid of the 2 plus it's been CV enabled so 3 parameters can be controlled by the MP-201. The Xero does not normally accept CV so this change alone is an expensive one!

As for recreating stuff. Yeah - the pitch and harmony stuff, plus a range of modulation (no phaser an limited in tremolo styles). I'll miss the pitch stuff, but as this is designed for a pure rhythm section role backin MC's etc I'm hoping I'll not need it.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1336835224' post='1651750']
I'll do a demo soon. It's massive!

On another note...

A few pages back I mentioned my 'summer project' - to use my current pedals to create a 'stripped down' board for smaller shows and for backing MC's etc, rather than performing as Our Helical Mind in general.

I've spent a few weeks planning and the board I settled on was a Diago Showman - large by many bassists standards, but tiny for me. It's was the most suitable size for my essentials. Its not powered or cabled yet (plugs in sockets to show me how much space I have) but here is draft 1...

Proposed signal chain is...
Stage Clix Wireless >
Boss OC-2 >
TC Electronic Polytune Mini >
FUZZROCIOUS Grey Stache >
WMD Geiger Counter >
WMD Super FatMan >
Custom Iron Ether Xerograph (in the space marked with tape) >
Moogerfooger Cluster Flux >
TC Electronic Flashback Delay

The MP-201 will control 3 parameters of the Xero and the feedback of the Cluster Flux.

It's likely to change... But this should work nice!
[/quote]

i love that this is your small board! makes me smile!

my boards having a refresh atm its gotten a bit samey in sounds so im having a clearout and seeing where it takes me!

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1336840836' post='1651825']

i love that this is your small board! makes me smile!

my boards having a refresh atm its gotten a bit samey in sounds so im having a clearout and seeing where it takes me!

andy
[/quote]

By small I mean I can carry it! :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1336835224' post='1651750']
I'll do a demo soon. It's massive!

On another note...

A few pages back I mentioned my 'summer project' - to use my current pedals to create a 'stripped down' board for smaller shows and for backing MC's etc, rather than performing as Our Helical Mind in general.

I've spent a few weeks planning and the board I settled on was a Diago Showman - large by many bassists standards, but tiny for me. It's was the most suitable size for my essentials. Its not powered or cabled yet (plugs in sockets to show me how much space I have) but here is draft 1...

Proposed signal chain is...
Stage Clix Wireless >
Boss OC-2 >
TC Electronic Polytune Mini >
FUZZROCIOUS Grey Stache >
WMD Geiger Counter >
WMD Super FatMan >
Custom Iron Ether Xerograph (in the space marked with tape) >
Moogerfooger Cluster Flux >
TC Electronic Flashback Delay

The MP-201 will control 3 parameters of the Xero and the feedback of the Cluster Flux.

It's likely to change... But this should work nice!
[/quote]
I think I could [i]almost [/i]understand this one. Maybe. On a good day. :blink:

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1336841042' post='1651833']

I think I could [i]almost [/i]understand this one. Maybe. On a good day. :blink:
[/quote]

Ha. This is fairly simple - actually you'll see my large board is going through a streamlining process too at the mo (though it'll take some weeks to complete).

The theory was to have something that I could recreate familiar tones and textures, but take to a gig with my bass on my back and pedal board in hand an use another bands rig (currently I only ever use my own rig due to the huge sub octave I run... I'd hate to damage other people's gear). This set up is without the parallel octave split too.

I'm quite excited about this :)

Just got my Rat Tail in the post today, which now leaves me with this:

Ive stripped it down and got some new cable so I can hopefully sort it all out properly tomorrow. Signal chain goes:

EB VP-jr
Multicomp
B3k
Schism
--- Channel 1 - Hoof Fuzz
--- Channel 2 - Oc-2 > TAFM > Xero > Rat Tail
Line 6 M9

Ive had the Schism about a month now and its one of the most useful pedals ive used. Its allowed me to create more sounds with the same pedals by having the different blending and switching options. This board does everything I need but I cant help but think it feels very...'talkbassy'. I need some mojo in there!

Edited by deej

Hello all,
Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a delay that can do a really good 'slapback' type effect?

I use the delay on my ME-20b for two things; slapback for the oldy kind of 'C'mon Everybody' and 'No Particular Place To Go' type of effect (I actually leave it on all the time now!) and occasionally for more rave-y covers ('Standing in the Way of Control', 'You've Got The Love' and 'Crazy' etc) I use a slower speed so that it sounds an electronic chuggy bass kind of sound. It's also handy having the volume pedal too so I can create swells for slower mid section parts.

And they both sound great and have their own uses, but I'm looking for a delay that I can have on all the time so I dont have to keep faffing around playing with knobs all the time! Any ideas?

Cheers

Alex

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1337011166' post='1653950'] Lovely board there, mine is going to look very, very similar when I get it together. Gas'ing for an Aguilar Octamizer to add to try against my OC-3. How much did your Rat Tail come to imported? [/quote]

Cheers mate. Yeah ive noticed that from some other threads, great minds think alike! How you been getting on with the M9?

I think the price of the Rat Tail was about £125 posted, then £20 import vat and handling. Took about 2-3 months to come through though as he makes pedals in batches.

[quote name='deej' timestamp='1337020347' post='1654188']
Cheers mate. Yeah ive noticed that from some other threads, great minds think alike! How you been getting on with the M9?

I think the price of the Rat Tail was about £125 posted, then £20 import vat and handling. Took about 2-3 months to come through though as he makes pedals in batches.
[/quote]

To be honest I haven't even unboxed it yet, I took all my Bass stuff home from uni at easter to force me to concentrate on revision for my finals so I had it delivered there as well. Will FINALLY get to try it all out in about 2 weeks, excited to say the least.

That's not too bad I guess. Are you happy with the sound of it? I've been scouring the BC and TB classifieds for one of the newer designs to come up.

Ahh thats a bit of a buggar. Ive had a love/hate relationship with my M9 over the years. I kept switching between it and single pedals, sometimes because I wasnt using many effects so wanted to cut down the bulk, sometimes because I just really didnt want the bulky power supply! I kept coming back to it though because its just such a useful pedal.

Ive only had about 15 mins with the Rat Tail so far, but yeah I like it. Still got that classic Rat sound, but it can be tweaked to taste with the clipping switch and the hi/lo clipping knobs. Need to spend more time with it but I like what I hear so far.

My drummer is away all week and we got asked to open for a friends band - so I suggested I did an improv leve Dubstep/wobble set with their drummer and a few MC's. They went for it!

So this is my mini set up for Fridays improv show...

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/ef2f57f5.jpg[/IMG]

Wobble tastic!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1337177965' post='1656720']
My drummer is away all week and we got asked to open for a friends band - so I suggested I did an improv leve Dubstep/wobble set with their drummer and a few MC's. They went for it!

So this is my mini set up for Fridays improv show...

Wobble tastic!
[/quote]

i see the eventide made its way on! bet that sounds pretty epic!

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1337189250' post='1656953']
ah i see!

i had a look at them this morning, didnt have time to check out the samples!looking at so much stuff at the minute! did you have to order them from the states?

andy
[/quote]

Mooer are Chinese - I emailed and ordered direct from them.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1337192962' post='1657016']
That Mooer looks really interesting, I wonder if they could do me a momentary version so I can pitch up an octave, like the Boss T-Bar/S-Bend feature.

Hmmm :)

Si
[/quote]

I'm sure Max could mod that pretty easy!