Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1340022667' post='1697703']
Doubt mine has even got back to the US yet! I have it's measurements though so I can make space if it doesn't come back before the big move.

Are you having kiddy paint, stamped or blank? I assume you are not waiting for a painted one?

As soon as the Xero and Frantabit land I'm on it like sonic!
[/quote]

why did your stache have to go back?! or did i miss something?

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1340032379' post='1697930']
why did your stache have to go back?! or did i miss something?

andy
[/quote]

I think it took a knock during shipping... Something kept not quite engaging right. Like every 10th time I turned it on it was missing half the gain. Ry's going to check it over for me and send it straight back out. Wicked service. I'll have it back in no time.

Thinking about a Broke Dick Peanut Gallery to replace my Fulltone Bass Drive now. Apparently they sound immense when you a Stache into them...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1340032625' post='1697933']
I think it took a knock during shipping... Something kept not quite engaging right. Like every 10th time I turned it on it was missing half the gain. Ry's going to check it over for me and send it straight back out. Wicked service. I'll have it back in no time.

Thinking about a Broke Dick Peanut Gallery to replace my Fulltone Bass Drive now. Apparently they sound immense when you a Stache into them...
[/quote]

i see, that is good customer service!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1340212117' post='1701199']
Not finished yet - but this I going to be the 'protect my jack sockets and power supply from beer' screen...

[/quote]
Looks good! You gonna end up selling the Bass Drive?

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1340214841' post='1701250']

Looks good! You gonna end up selling the Bass Drive?
[/quote]

Already up for sale :)

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1340219983' post='1701376']
That is nice. Are you gonna put some perspex over the top layer as well ala Matt Bellamy?
[/quote]

Nah - need to twiddle all the knob still :)

Here's mine!

Signal chain:

Bass > Fender Volume > BDI 21 > Amp

Amp Send > Boss ME-20b > Master Blaster > EHX Multiplexer > Echohead (w/ Tap tempo) > Amp Return

I'm using the BDI 21 for dirt at the moment but have a Guv'nor on the way to replace the Master Blaster and then I can keep the BDI 21 on the board for a useful Pre/DI just in case.

Because the effects go into the effects loop of the PF-500, I put the volume pedal in the Amp input so I can control swells better. I like to have the effects blend on about halfway so obviously attempting swells in the effects loop would sound awful.

I can get some pretty cool sounds out of this little set-up mainly due to the flexibility of the ME-20b. The Synths teamed with the Multiplexer sound filthy and using the Echohead with the reverb also works pretty well, can do some really spacey Mogwai kinda-shizzle.

Could do with a chorus. Wish I'd never sold my Sea Machine now :(

Cheers

Truckstop

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1340306468' post='1702735']
That's what I sold my Bass Drive for, but remember it doesn't have the separate boost which I used to find really helpful.
[/quote]

yeah - i did the same, but got a fat phuk b to put in front of the BB, covers all my boost/od needs

Here's mine, I got three new toys today so I had to set them up and I finally have a decent board set up, so here you go!

Signal chain is as follows:

Bass 1 and Bass 2 > Radial BigShot Instrument Selector (with an awful-needs-replacing Behringer TU300 tuner feeding from the tuner output) -> Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah 105Q > Barber TonePress Parallel Compressor > Boss ODB3 OverDrive > Ibanez PD7 Phat-Hed OverDrive > SansAmp Bass Driver DI

I'm awaiting a SansAmp Bass Driver Programmable to my replace my current one and a bigger board so I can get better power, a wireless transmitter and various other goodies on there.

By the way, I'm open to advice on the order of my signal chain, haven't had time to try it all out in this setup with a decent amount of volume :P

Edited by TomWIC

Not the best picture, but this is what ive been using:

Slowly been building up to this, thought it'd be perfect for the things I want to do, aaaaand....no. Thinking of having a big overhaul and probably downsizing too. The oxide and rat tail arent doing it for me, the schism seemed right on paper but im just not getting the results i was expecting, and im still searching for the overdrive for me.

I miss the days when I wasnt fussy.

For what it's worth, I think it's a pretty nice board, not too far off what I'll have when I assemble either.

[quote name='deej' timestamp='1340382927' post='1703881']
The oxide and rat tail arent doing it for me
[/quote]

If you decide to shift the Rat Tail, please give me a shout as I'd really like to get my hands on one.

That wasnt a for sale post :lol: Im still trying to find the sweet spot with the Rat Tail, but so far its either sounding too thin or a bit buzzy rather than the grind they're known for. Feel like its more suited to playing with a pick rather than fingers. I havnt tried it in a mix yet so that could change a lot.

[quote name='D-L-B' timestamp='1340460043' post='1704745']
What it looked like before I ripped it to bits last week. Watch this space for the latest incarnation... :)
[/quote]

ok, so i did PM you about your set-up on your stunning LP, but don't bother answering that particular question, it'll fry my tiny little mind ! :blink:

looking forward to your new board ! :)

Edited by phil.i.stein

Haha. Thought you might find this. Sorry I've been tardy Getting back to you. I'm up visiting my parents for the weekend and haven't had a chance to write a meaty reply yet. I uploaded this photo then had to get off the train.
You will be please to know we will be playing Nottingham in the first week of August ;) I'll get back to you on the venue details.

The new board is going to be super neat and a bit less cramped with more versatile loops.