Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='simwells' timestamp='1341239831' post='1715564']
Been playing around with my set up today, think this is about the most logical layout I can get to. Sadly no space for the volume, starting to think I may have a two board set up to cover everything rather than going with a huge board.

[/quote]

I've always wanted to stick a BEF before my Moog LPF so I can WubWub with the HH & filter it in & out with the LPF & EP. :D
Got me envious now! :gas:

[quote name='simwells' timestamp='1341239831' post='1715564']
Been playing around with my set up today, think this is about the most logical layout I can get to. Sadly no space for the volume, starting to think I may have a two board set up to cover everything rather than going with a huge board.

[/quote]

'like-button' pressed. :)

Edited by phil.i.stein

Almost complete. Dual channel looper built by BC's Protium (Jackhammer in Loop1 and BDI-21 in Loop2). The space at the end where the cable is will soon be filled with a Dunlop Bass Wah and an I/O box to make my cable routing a little neater. The whole thing also needs re-cabling, but i'm skint at the moment and can't afford some quality cables. I also want to add an Octaver but finding the space for one might not be so easy.

Liam Edited by LiamPodmore

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1341258371' post='1716033']

Almost complete. Dual channel looper built by BC's Protium (Jackhammer in Loop1 and BDI-21 in Loop2). The space at the end where the cable is will soon be filled with a Dunlop Bass Wah and an I/O box to make my cable routing a little neater. The whole thing also needs re-cabling, but i'm skint at the moment and can't afford some quality cables. I also want to add an Octaver but finding the space for one might not be so easy.

Liam
[/quote]

budge over the tuner, stick the octaver next to it.

subs your uncle.

but you'll probably want some right-angled jack cables too. :)

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1341260373' post='1716097']
budge over the tuner, stick the octaver next to it.

subs your uncle.

but you'll probably want some right-angled jack cables too. :)
[/quote]

Subs your uncle, i like that. I need to re-cable the whole board, but i don't have the cash at the moment. I have a pretty accurate (size wise) plan of the board which i can use to see if things fit or not so i'll have a tinker with that to see how i can fit an OC-3 or OctaBass in there.

Liam

If you are wondering where Shep's bass drive went!?

[attachment=112073:Gedling-20120628-00317.jpg]

The only thing I don't like is my power mounting, the power cord has run acroos the input or ooutput, and the ratered power cord won't stay in unless you give it some welly.

Will dismount everything to better secure and probably reverse the power supply.

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1341266465' post='1716262']
See I'd Velcro the thumpinator under the tuner and get another little pedal in its place
[/quote]

Good idea, but I don't really need much else on there righht now.
Just a micro fuzz though, maybe..........

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1341266844' post='1716273']
Check this for tightness.

[/quote]
I love this board!

Here's my homework for tonight!
[IMG]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr155/spider_lad/416451f4.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by D-L-B

[quote name='AndyW' timestamp='1341085328' post='1713767']
At last my stripped down and updated 'essentials' board! :D

Needs some serious wiring work but got it as tidy as possible for testing. Also still needs the pads removed for all the pedals and velcro'ing down.

Might have to take some new photos as the cat hair on the Ernie Ball is bugging me! haha! ;)
[/quote]
Whammy 5?! WHAT?! How do I not hear about these things..
How does it compare to the original?

Hello all,

Want to get wubbing, what synths are good for use with an expression pedal? Boss SYB look good and readily available but it'd be nice to get something a little more 'outside the box' so to speak!

I already have an expression (M-Audio, if that means anything?) and I've got up to £70 to spend. I already have a synth on my Boss ME20b, but they're not expression compatible and they sound pretty weak in my opinion. Just sounds like a mix of distortion and auto-wah! The synths on the ME20b are also on the same patch as the overdrive which I like using.

Thanks for any help peeps!

Truckstop

for budget sounds i really liked my boss syb5 with an exp pedal, had a really wet sound.

i ran it into some gnarly distortion and i liked it loads! sometimes it had some troubles tracking but when i played quite hard it was fine, tracks fine if you just want big wobbles.

i then got the source audio BEF pro, but it didnt sound as good as the boss, tracked better though.

ive just got the copilotfx dubscope so im going to try that out tonight.

SHAMELESS PLUG! im selling my boss syb-5 if you want a go with it