Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

my board has already changed a little bit since it was on shep's site [url="http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/interview-anthony-wright.html"]http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/interview-anthony-wright.html[/url]

should hopefully get some new shots up next week! can do lots more with it now

Re-jigged and signal chain perfected, all ready to go for Saturday's show now and I cannot wait! Replaced the Stagg patch leads with Planet Waves and I received my programmable SansAmp :)

Only additions I want to add in the foreseeable future are delay, chorus and I want to play around with some different overdrives and compressors.

Edited by TomWIC

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1340833155' post='1710395']
... after several hours of sorting I'm not holding this back just so I wait for a pic of my current board

[url="http://www.tayste.co.uk/2012/06/27/evolution-of-a-pedalboard-and-a-player/"]http://www.tayste.co...d-and-a-player/[/url]

[/quote]
[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1340869026' post='1710623']
Can I ask about the 1590a format pedals you've gone through ? They first appear on a big board at bottom left, a silver pedal and a white one next to a pandora px4b, later on there are a couple more white ones and a green one.

I think one of the white ones was a hyperpak, but for the rest I have no idea.
[/quote]

Okay, I think I have 'em sussed. All Catalinbread.

Valcoder
Hyperpak - Dirty Channel
V8 - Fuzz Tone Engine
Phaeton
Serrano Picoso

Was I right ?

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1340996162' post='1712745']
Okay here's the latest incarnation of my nano board.

Despite the tempting looking gap I don't think I'll get an eighth pedal on there without something hanging over the edge :)
[/quote]

What the mooer pedal on the end?

Andy

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1340996162' post='1712745']
Okay here's the latest incarnation of my nano board.

Despite the tempting looking gap I don't think I'll get an eighth pedal on there without something hanging over the edge :)
[/quote]

I'm sure you could squeeze a Moogerfooger in there somewhere!?! :happy:

At last my stripped down and updated 'essentials' board! :D

Needs some serious wiring work but got it as tidy as possible for testing. Also still needs the pads removed for all the pedals and velcro'ing down.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/b7djfd.jpg[/IMG]

Might have to take some new photos as the cat hair on the Ernie Ball is bugging me! haha! ;)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1341150078' post='1714298']
Great little set up dude. Really like it.
[/quote]

Cheers guys!
The polyphonic pitch shifting in combination with delay is ungodly. Plus you still have the option to switch back to glitchy single note evilness instantly.

Am so impressed with the Diago powerstation being able to power everything including 18 volts for the Tonehammer as well as the big current draw of the Timeline and Whammy (now standard 9v).

Might still squeeze the whole thing minus the Volume pedal down to a Pedaltrain mini. The only thing that probably won't fit is the tuner, but will work something out. Then it will be extremely portable, which helps when travelling on the tube.

Okay, don't think I posted mine on BC ever. This is quite a "stable" set up, I don't change things around that much.

Bass>Ebs Octabass>Home Made Y split box>left side of split signal goes direct to Morley Mix<right side of split signal goes to Rodenberg 728B>MXR Bass Envelope>Darkglass B3K>Earthbound Beast>Boss CEB-3>Morley Mix

The Morley recombines a clean signal (50%) with the effects signal (50%) - I can vary the volume levels of these individually by setting input levels.

Morley Output A goes to EBS Multi Comp, Output B goes to Tuner (I can turn these on and off individually)

Why split signal? Because it just sounds better! On larger stages I don't recombine the signals, just use 2 amps.

All this goodness is powered by a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power II.

Edited by HazBeen

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1341233926' post='1715441']
Ooh that reminds me, I pretty much hate the Boss CEB-3, but my EBS died some months back. Anyone have any bass chorus tips?
[/quote]

get another Unichorus. It is a great pedal! The Analogman Chorus is lovely too. I use the Moog Clusterflux which is seriously expensive and serious overkill for most... before that I was always very happy with the EBS!

My Chorus is currently a Fromel modded CE-2B, much more scope than the original pedal.
Most people will just recommend what they've tried, if you know you liked the EBS, go with it again :)

Si

Been playing around with my set up today, think this is about the most logical layout I can get to. Sadly no space for the volume, starting to think I may have a two board set up to cover everything rather than going with a huge board.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/simwells/20120702_153112.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by simwells

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1341234588' post='1715457']
get another Unichorus. It is a great pedal! The Analogman Chorus is lovely too. I use the Moog Clusterflux which is seriously expensive and serious overkill for most... before that I was always very happy with the EBS!
[/quote]

I tried to get another Unichorus, but the shop I was in did not have them in stock and against my better judgement I bought the CEB-3 (which is fine for the money, but is not a "good" chorus).... I needed a chorus quick. Will do some research and buy another Unichorus if I cannot find another I like.

Thanks for the tips so far gents!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1341240668' post='1715575']
That board is full of serious WIN!!!!
[/quote]

Thanks yours has definitely inspired mine! Still feeling like I could do with something to give me pitch shift as well as needing an MP-201 oh and a thicker fuzz and a looper would be nice. I would say I'd have my ideal board then but I don't think that will ever be possible.

Chatting to Max about a custom Loop Logic with a lpf or custom EQ to mean I can get rid of my EQ pedal too.

Edited by simwells